Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton vs. Millwall | 21st September 2013 | Match Preview, Predictions, Views & News

Comments

• Options
    going full of hope and spirit coming home depresed and glum.. 3 0 scum morrison 2 trotter 1.
  • Options
    solly will be missed just hope the same team we had against leicester turns up.
  • Options
    a scoreless draw would be lovely
  • Options
    If everyone goes to the game expecting a loss it doesn't give the players much confidence.

They have a manager in charge who they want rid of. I expect us to take advantage 2-0 Charlton
  • Options
    Think a 1-1 here so everybody goes home reasonably satisfied
  • Options

If everyone goes to the game expecting a loss it doesn't give the players much confidence.

They have a manager in charge who they want rid of. I expect us to take advantage 2-0 Charlton

Always thought it was the team that gave the fans confidence or not.

39 years of following CAFC says 0-2 to the Spanners.

But wouldn't we just love a win?
  • Options
    0-0, though f**k knows you owe us one. Maybe one goal will decide this game. This is the least confident i've been playing you lot for a while. If the ginger vermin w*nker sticks with the side that played Blackpool, i'll be happy enough. Sadly, I don't think he's got a clue what he's doing.

Said this for weeks now, but if a loss at Charlton meant he gets the boot, i'll take that.

• Options

0-0, though f**k knows you owe us one. Maybe one goal will decide this game. This is the least confident i've been playing you lot for a while. If the ginger vermin w*nker sticks with the side that played Blackpool, i'll be happy enough. Sadly, I don't think he's got a clue what he's doing.

Said this for weeks now, but if a loss at Charlton meant he gets the boot, i'll take that.

It sounds like you want Millwall to lose.

I was slightly relieved that you won the other night because I dreaded you coming to us with no wins,so is it the turning point in your season or a false dawn?

I was against the appointment of Dowie but I still got behind the team and hoped that Charlton would succeed and was gutted that we didn't. I can't understand why any true fan would wish what you do.
  • Options
    I want what's best for Millwall, and to me that means getting rid of SL. I don't want them to lose as such, but if we did and Lomas got booted, I wouldn't lose any sleep over that.

The greater good, an' all that......

• Options
    Been going to these since 1962 so have given up hope as usual 1 - 2
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    What a miserable thread, we even have Milwall coming on having a moan about his manager. You should have called this thread Suicide Watch.
  • Options
    Cheer up. This is the best chance you've had of beating us for ages. Unfortunaltey for me, a number of bets means i'm going to be about £50 lighter come 2pm on Saturday.

You lot have got no reason to be miserable!

• Options
    2-0 to Millwall with goals from Bailey and Morison.
  • Options

Can't believe your spreading your Lomas hate on here too Groucho !

• Options
    I normally look for 3 points from home games but given that it's Millwall I would be delighted with a point.

In reality I can't see beyond an insipid performance from us and a comfortable 2 or 3 0 victory for them.

Sorry but that's the way it is.
  • Options
    I think I've only seen us beat them once at home in all of the years I've been going. I expect a defeat but hope / pray for a win #COYA
  • Options
    All the history says Millwall will win.
    1. We rarely beat them.
    2. It's live on telly.
    3. They have a certain ex-player with them.
    4. They have a returning goalscorer.
    So, Bailey and Morison the goal scorers.
  • Options
    This thread is absolutely astonishing in its predictable and justified negativity. I think that SCP and every Charlton player should be made to read it just so they realise how bad our record is and how little faith we have that anything will change.
  • Options
    Come on guys it's not all that bad!

I think we need to play with a 4 5 1. If Sordell wasn't working why not play Stewart in a free role just behind Church if Kermy isn't back. Or wack Pigott in the starting line up?

We played Well against Watford and Leicester, who are going to be there or there abouts at the end of the year again, and by all accounts played well towards the end against Huddersfield and couldn't force the draw.

Millwall are on the same points and are not world beaters at the moment (minus the win in the week) Just a little bit of belief and play like we did against Leicester and it's in the bag.

COYA
  • Options
    We will be jumping for joy when we pull out a miraculous draw . Wouldn't it be really nice if we could be normal and actually stuff them
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited September 2013
    1 nil loss late goal
  • Options
    3-0 Charlton
  • Options
    3-1 Charlton. its our turn.
  • Options
    No more kenny jackett as manager , 4-0 charlton.
  • Options

Goalless bore draw between two poor teams kicking off at a bloody stupid time for the convenience of Sky armchair experts who will all have the secret answer to Charlton's woes on the post match thread based on one TV viewing over some Tesco economy lager and stale crisps.

Lets just get it over with and get on with the season.
  • Options
    I've been supporting Charlton for 50 years and I will NEVER give up on turning up and expecting to beat that lot. Some of the negative comments on here are quite depressing. It's a new season , it's a derby match, anyone can win on the day. I predicted a win against Leicester and I see no reason why we can't win on saturday. Despite the win against Blackpool, they won't be full of confidence. Get behind the boys and with a good atmosphere we can win. If you think Charlton never turn up against Millwall maybe that goes for our fans as well. We will create chances and if we score early I think a win is on the cards. A tight match - I'll go for 1-0 to us. Deluded ? maybe - but I've supported Charlton long enough to know they never do what you think they will !
  • Options
    Huzzah FIRMANI9!!! You've changed my mind. 3-0 to the Addicks. Thanks for the pep talk.
  • Options
    That's what we want Soapy ! I can't imagine Alex Ferguson ever talked about facing a rival & moaning we never do well and expecting to get beat - not that I'm comparing us to Man. Utd of course, but you know what I mean !
  • Options
    I think we will hold out for most of the game but with the large squad they have I think we will run out of steam,so I think it will be one or two late goals from the scum
  • Options
    FIRMANI9 said:

I've been supporting Charlton for 50 years and I will NEVER give up on turning up and expecting to beat that lot. Some of the negative comments on here are quite depressing. It's a new season , it's a derby match, anyone can win on the day. I predicted a win against Leicester and I see no reason why we can't win on saturday. Despite the win against Blackpool, they won't be full of confidence. Get behind the boys and with a good atmosphere we can win. If you think Charlton never turn up against Millwall maybe that goes for our fans as well. We will create chances and if we score early I think a win is on the cards. A tight match - I'll go for 1-0 to us. Deluded ? maybe - but I've supported Charlton long enough to know they never do what you think they will !

Well said, FIRMANI9!

I never make predictions on here but I'm with you all the way .

We must never forget the manner in which we, the fans, influenced the Cardiff result at The Valley last season.

This time ( and every time! ) we must not wait until we go behind but give the lads the noisiest & most positive support right from the first whistle.

Charlton expects every (wo)man to do his duty - with knobs on !!!

COYA !!!!!!

( When we win this, I may even break the habit of a lifetime and have TWO white wines after the game !)