Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton vs. Millwall | 21st September 2013 | Match Preview, Predictions, Views & News

Comments

• Options
    I don,t know why but we just never seem to deliver on this one, we can and have won big games, but this one we never turn up! Support has been there home and away last few meetings, unfortunately the team hasn't,t been.

Sorry BAU if we are 3-0 up at half time it will only be to give them a great day out as the come back for a 4-3.

Hope I'm wrong, but fear the worst, with Bailey bossing the game and scoring.
  • Options
    Hope there's not that much stabbing going on:-(
  • Options
    Home win 3-1 and the bragging rights.
  • Options
    Home win , three points and a two goal margin.
  • Options
    Positivity it seems.
  • Options
    Anything less than 5-0 will disappoint me.
    Send them packing with the tails between their legs.

COYR's
  • Options

'dickwad'

theres a word you dont hear much nowadays

Proof that the North, is indeed, fifteen years behind ;o)
  • Options

Anything less than 5-0 will disappoint me.
    Send them packing with the tails between their legs.
    COYR's

Like it. To quote Blackadder, "If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through."
  • Options
    FIRMANI9 said:

I sense an outbreak of positivity ! And that's exactly how it works - confidence breeds confidence. The players need to go into this game expecting to win. No negative comments allowed from now please in case anyone from the team reads this site ! Spread that positive vibe !!
    Get that white wine ( or preferably RED) ready !

Harry Cripps
    Keith Weller
    Derek Possee
    Eamon plonker Dunphy
    Benny Fenton
    Dougie Allder
    Joey Broadfoot
    Gordon Bolland
    Tony Cascarino
    Jimmy Carter
    Tim Cahill
    Steve Claridge
    Terry Hurlock
    Len Julians
    Steve Morison

Your boys are going to take one hell of a beating ! ( well, 1-0 anyway)

You forgot Etienne Verveer and Jamie Moralee.....

Some good players in that lot. And if I could pick two, I'd take Terry Hurlock and Tim Cahill.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Also missed out Teddy Sheringham. I never liked him.
  • Options

Also missed out Teddy Sheringham. I never liked him.

Get that Grey Goose on ice AUN I've got a feeling in my water tomorrow is going to be our new dawn :0) C'mon you rip-roaring goal scoring reds.
  • Options
  • Options
    Win or loose ( ; o) ), on the Goose RC. Got to say I'm getting a funny feeling that I'll be missing out on a 2-0 win.

COYA!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options

HATE THEM HATE THEM HATE THEM

The m....... word is banned from our household and when i slip i get a dig from my 7 year old for saying it

take a point

a dull draw at best with a tame atmosphere

Not a dig, but genuinely baffled by your hatred for us. I'm not going to say you don't matter to us, of course you do. Geographically you're our closest rivals, that's why we always sell out at yours and our place, the grounds are just three miles apart. But I genuinely don't get the hatred you have for us. I've never met a charlton fan yet who's called me scum or a scumwall fan to my face. You're always pretty decent people when I meet you face to face, so baffled by your online bile. My dad, a millwall fan born and bred, tells me that in the old days before it was easy to follow your team away, when Millwall were away he would go over to the valley to watch a game when Millwall were away and visa versa. Genuinely don't get it. I can't stand palace and west ham, for so many different reasons. Charlton I genuinely don't mind. Was delighted when you sent palace down that's for sure
  • Options

Shittu was immense that game. Altho at the toolbox he was pony.

Shittu has been absolute dire this season. Won a two year contract on last seasons performances and then totally let himself go. Wage thief. Not even in the squad last week. Robinson will be in in place of him, thank god!! Ironically, our back four, who basically single handedly kept us up last season, has been our weakness this year. If you have a bit if pace in your frontline you'll leave us for dead.
  • Options
    The years have mellowed me but something almost primeval stirs deep inside me when we play "them", it's the only game that I get genuinely nervous about, not their dummy fans, just the result. I'm off down to a bar in the Charente to watch it, the regulars will see a different side to favershamaddick .
  • Options
    Seriously? The morning before a game v palace or west ham I feel sick. V charlton I obviously want us to win but I'm not that fussed. I suppose it's just one of them rivalries that isn't reciprocated. .
  • Options

Seriously? The morning before a game v palace or west ham I feel sick. V charlton I obviously want us to win but I'm not that fussed. I suppose it's just one of them rivalries that isn't reciprocated. .

Maybe that's because we rarely beat you.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Leeds at home a week later is more exciting
  • Options
    Why do we do it?

After all.my playing down / knowing we won't win, I wake up excited and think 'actually, I think we might have a chance today'. Every time. Utter fool.
  • Options

Why do we do it?

After all.my playing down / knowing we won't win, I wake up excited and think 'actually, I think we might have a chance today'. Every time. Utter fool.

If Yann plays we really do.

COYR.
  • Options

Why do we do it?

This.

Every dog has its day.
  • Options
    edited September 2013

Why do we do it?

For the same reason we buy a lottery ticket we might just win and I'm more than hopeful today COYR.
  • Options
    This site is wrong isn't it

http://www.midfielddynamo.com/stadia/stadia_britain_closest.htm

If there's four miles between the Valley and the Den, then we are the seventh closest derby in England.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    se9addick said:

This site is wrong isn't it

http://www.midfielddynamo.com/stadia/stadia_britain_closest.htm

If there's four miles between the Valley and the Den, then we are the seventh closest derby in England.

Might be as the crow flies but walking in a fairly straight line according to Google Maps it's 4.3 miles so that would make us 8th but it all depends on what basis the distances have been calculated.
  • Options

I have seen Her Majesty The Queen more times than I have seen us beat Millwall

0-1