Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton vs. Millwall | 21st September 2013 | Match Preview, Predictions, Views & News

12346»

Comments

• Options
    Throughout the years Millwallfan there have been more than enough incidents when we've played you lot of your bully boy scum element causing and looking for trouble it's more than coincidence.
    Yes every club has helms following it but yours is ratio wise untouchable
    I've been to a squillion grounds but at Senegal fields /old dirty den there's even grief from your knuckle draggers coming out when we've lost , such a sad existence
    Im sure everyone can recount crap from experiences of playing your lot
    And I have plenty of mates who support the scum and theyre top fellas and they're not (all) blind to their helm element , of course Chelsea ,Leeds and many other clubs have a scum element but you lot take the biscuit
  • Options

Throughout the years Millwallfan there have been more than enough incidents when we've played you lot of your bully boy scum element causing and looking for trouble it's more than coincidence.
    Yes every club has helms following it but yours is ratio wise untouchable
    I've been to a squillion grounds but at Senegal fields /old dirty den there's even grief from your knuckle draggers coming out when we've lost , such a sad existence
    Im sure everyone can recount crap from experiences of playing your lot
    And I have plenty of mates who support the scum and theyre top fellas and they're not (all) blind to their helm element , of course Chelsea ,Leeds and many other clubs have a scum element but you lot take the biscuit

This a thousand times over and I've been around for a few years longer. The bad experiences go back to the 60's as a teenager, so MF pass that onto your Dad for me.
  • Options
    edited September 2013

Seriously? The morning before a game v palace or west ham I feel sick. V charlton I obviously want us to win but I'm not that fussed. I suppose it's just one of them rivalries that isn't reciprocated. .

Bollocks. You lot look very bothered when you score. Celebrating like you just won the world cup. You must think we are blind. And don't talk bollocks and say you celebrate every goal like that.

I would say palace is à bigger game for us as well. There are plenty of Charlton fans who don't give a shit about millwall.
  • Options
    Even the Palace players want us to beat them:

QUADE TAYLOR ‏@quade_taylor
    @Cally_messi all the best today bro!!
    Retweeted by Callumharriott
  • Options
    "Why do they call us scum mummy? We never do anything wrong like attack opposition players, racially abuse them, fight each other or throw missiles."

Blinkered little tool, go back to your box.
  • Options
    According to Sky, our rivals are Palace and their's are West Ham.
    Thats all right then. Carry on......
  • Options

Even the Palace players want us to beat them:

QUADE TAYLOR ‏@quade_taylor
    @Cally_messi all the best today bro!!
    Retweeted by Callumharriott

that right there...just made me a bit sick..

• Options
    I like Sordell's recent reply to a Millwall fan on twitter. I hope the team shows no fear like that today on the pitch, and plays with confidence and looks to go for the win.
  • Options
    I hope sordell is so wound up for this he uses it to turn his season round
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    I look upon the rivalry with Millwall as nothing more than a bit of added spice to our season - I don't feel genuine hatred because it's not personal. The prize from today's game is no more than the three points available from last week's at Huddersfield or next week's at Burnley. As with any defeat, if we lose today we must learn from it - we can see already that this is going to be a very difficult season. I'm heartened by Powell's comment that Kermorgant should be fit - and hope for once we can put on a strong and impressive performance for the huge audience of neutrals watching us on the box.

My prescription is to start at a high tempo, and maintain it. The midfield should get forward quickly to serve the strikers and to provide fast and accurate crosses. We shouldn't be shy of having a go from 25 yards: a deflection, a goalkeeping fumble, a resultant corner may work to our advantage. We played that way a fortnight ago against Leicester - who were then near the top of the league - and we won. If we do the same today, we can win again. COYR!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    so many disappointing results over the years, I don't know what to expect for today. I always think that the law of averages means that we should start to redress the balance with wins in our favour, but it never happens! It does feel like we have a good chance today though, but......it's millwall!!!
  • Options
    You can buy tickets if you have a season ticket before the game right?
  • Options
    Hope he goes 5-3-2/3-5-2 if Yann and Rolls is fit. More than competed against top oppo with this formation in recent weeks. Could potentially give weaker opposition a good hiding.
  • Options
    If we don't play 3.5.2 we're in trouble imo.
  • Options
    One league defeat is too early to give up on 3-5-2, we're going to lose some games whichever system we play. We've also only seen it up against opposition playing 3-5-2. If Millwall go 4-4-2 we could be stronger in the midfield with the extra man.

Think Powell will be tempted to start Stewart. Might even see him up front, but then does Church deserve to be dropped?

Might even be a game he thinks we can play 2 wingers in a 4-4-2. Unless they're on top form I don't think that'll be strong enough defensively. For one thing I expect Bailey will look to get forward far more than he did when playing for Boro.
  • Options
    Just heading to the ground now! COYR

I fancy Yann to score first and 2-1! I also had a couple of quid on Bailey to score first but us to pull it back and win 2-1 at 250-1!

COYR
  • Options
    Pig to start is the hint on Twitter
  • Options
    Difficult to know what to expect today. Both sides have had mediocre starts but one thing we absolutely must do is get right behind the team from the start (notwithstanding the 12.15 kick off). It was galling to hear a guy from Millwall supporters club ( a perfectly reasonable bloke) describe today as "virtually a home game" on the Football League Podcast "We Are Going Up." Let's disabuse him and his fellow supporters of that.

I expect to get a result today and we need to with a couple of difficult games coming up.
  • Options
    TEAM NEWS: CHARLTON - Charlton: Hamer; Wiggins, Wilson, Wood, Morrison, Dervite; Stephens, Jackson, Pritchard; Church, Pigott
  • Options
    On my way to watch the game with lifer Sasquatch in one of the expat bars in Central Copenhagen.

Heart says 2-0 Charlton but I'll go for a 1-1 draw.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Solly and Kermorgant out. Massive loss of us that.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Heard that Kermy wasn't going to play a few days ago which is why I changed my mind about us winning. Hopefully Piggott does well, I'd rather Stewart had of played though.
  • Options

Gower said Kermy wasn't going to play which is why I changed my mind about us winning. Hopefully Piggott does well, I'd rather Stewart had of played thougb.

Need someone that can hold up the ball though.

Stewart and/or Harriott should also cause more problems coming off the bench
  • Options
    FEED THE PIG AND HE WILL SCORE
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Script surely written now just like Upton park ...the loanee to come on as a sub and score!!
  • Options
    Lets get behind the lads. Different to having Yann,Fuller,Haynes,Obika but those days have now gone!
  • Options
    Feed the pig and he will score! Could make himself a hero today although kermorgant is a massive loss. Says a lot about Sordells performances so far this season when your throwing in a youth player for his 1st league start, hope he can do the business for us. COYR!!!