Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Joe Pigott

Comments

• Options
    Joe could learn a thing from Church's industry and Kermorgant's physical presence. He won't do that on a training field. Give him time to learn.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Yesterday with Pigott we saw the reason SCP hasn't chucked the youngsters in as quickly as some have been championing for
    Easing them in is the correct way unless they're beyond exceptional
    Loaning them out to earn their stripes elsewhere may be the better route for some but SCP with depleted choices made the decision to play the Pig and it failed miserably
  • Options
    Not writing him off for one bad display, but what disappointed me most was the way he was so easily beaten in the air every time and ended up on his arse appealing for a free-kick.
  • Options
    Didn't get much service, may of seen the best of him if we had someone who can whip a decent cross.
    That a side he was woeful. Him running the ball out of play with no one pressuring him just about summed our day up.
    I'm still in shock how poor we were yesterday
  • Options
    Solly was thrown in the deepend against Millwall away,when we lost 4-0 and played crap. Look hows he has progressed before casting Piggott adrift.
  • Options

Not writing him off for one bad display, but what disappointed me most was the way he was so easily beaten in the air every time and ended up on his arse appealing for a free-kick.

Agree.

Felt sorry for him, but on yesterdays performance he was "out of his depth". Not writing him off completley, that would be silly, but it was very much a case of men vs boys yesterday.

Lots of players underperformed and Piggot was one of them. When he ran the ball out under no pressure in the second half I wanted the world to swallow me up, I was that embarrassed. Should've left then.

• Options
    kevtherev said:

Solly was thrown in the deepend against Millwall away,when we lost 4-0 and played crap. Look hows he has progressed before casting Piggott adrift.

Oh, I don't think most of us are saying Piggott should be cast adrift, just that he was the wrong selection to start yesterday. Particularly in terms of his development as a player.
  • Options
    What about when jacko done similar further up the pitch in a one two with wiggins off it

And joe piggott will lose more balls in the air because he is a ball to feet player

He was as shit as everyone else yesterday and they can't be labeled out of depth for the reasons shg said

Ask powelly about joes confidence and the way he trains with this team day in day out

I have been told by someone who sees it daily you would not realise joe has only just started to experience the first team and he cares not whom he is against and that against millwall joe wouldve been buzzing with confidence

Yet we played like yann was uptop and this doesn't suit his game

If there is no improvement in five or six starts then yes make that judgement but based on what his team mates say right now I will not accept yesterday was anything other than a shit team peerformance from top to bottom

I hope he gets a loan so he don't have to hear the dumb fuck comments I heard yesterday and when challenged melt into seat and not have the answers if joe piggott was the biggest concern on display yesterday we are fukd
  • Options
    Am only saying it as I saw it NLA.

Lots of people were shite yesterday. In that context it wasn't a great day at the office for Piggot. But I'm happy to give him time.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    NLA I'm gonna put my hands up here, I said he was out of his depth in the players marks thread. I've seen him a couple of times before including Oxford in the league cup this season and he has come on leaps and bounds but yesterday was too far too soon in his development. Yes the others around him were shite but we know what they can do on their day. Joe was exposed unfairly in a must win local derby to replace Superyann. He was poor end of. As much as I love the man SCP must take the full blame for this. I'm not writing the lad off and I sincerely hope that he bounces back from this to become a firm favourite of the fans.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    He was absolutely awful... didn't win a header, ran the ball out of play, sloppy passes (i could go on).
  • Options
    The lad has to learn his craft, the craft of being a striker at Championship level, as i previously posted the lad was out of his depth against that lot, they nudged, knocked and pulled at the lad, in the end his confidence was low, and I thought it unfair to start the lad. I imagine that Powell did not intend to start him, but as I said in an earlier posting chose him to Sordell?
    With Yann failing a late fitness test according to TV what else could he have done, play 6 midfield?
    Perhaps even with that ridiculous suggestion we would not have resulted in hoofing it up, although given some of the players on the park yesterday you do wonder?
  • Options
    Off_it said:

Agree.

Felt sorry for him, but on yesterdays performance he was "out of his depth". Not writing him off completley, that would be silly, but it was very much a case of men vs boys yesterday.

Lots of players underperformed and Piggot was one of them. When he ran the ball out under no pressure in the second half I wanted the world to swallow me up, I was that embarrassed. Should've left then.

Spot on tbf Off It. He really did look out of his depth and it was one of those games where everything went wrong for him. Really hope he can improve and be a player for us. Loads of senior pro's that need more stick than Piggot yesterday, he had no support whatsoever.
  • Options
    Yann never failed a late test he was always a doubt and confirmed friday

There is a differnce with accepting a lad had a shit day and labelling him out of depth

You can not judge him on headers lost when he is a baller

His game is to drop in the whole and play with feet in a number ten yet he was asked to play in a nine

I can't see how because he is young he can be labled it

If I was basing an opinion on yesterday I would say all of them were league 1 and below and therefor all out of depth
    But we lknow that would be a ridiculous statement

They were all shit the mgmt the players all of them every single one a gutless toss pot
  • Options
    I think the ocassion got to him, but that can happen with a young player. I honestly don't think CP would be using him at this stage of his development if it wern't for a lack of options. He has been included as the 4th striker when I believe CP would have prefered to go out and get someone more experienced in. Basically I think CP's hands have been tied by financial constraints. It hasn't helped that Sordell has not been cutting it.

Piggot probaly needs to go out on loan in a lower division to learn his trade and gain confidence. Much like Smith is. I'm sure I read the AFCW manager stating he wanted to sign Piggot on loan before Smith went there.
  • Options
    I cannot understand the criticism this lad is getting. He is not even 20 yet. He's not ready yet but the experience gained will be great so long as idiots don't get on his back
    Remember Yann was injured and we couldn't afford a decent backup
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    redman said:

I cannot understand the criticism this lad is getting. He is not even 20 yet. He's not ready yet but the experience gained will be great so long as idiots don't get on his back
    Remember Yann was injured and we couldn't afford a decent backup

Sordell was available and we could have gone 4-5-1 with Stewart and Harriott wide. Easy with hindsight but could not have been any worse than the crap we had to watch for 94 minutes. Poor team selection, the lad was unfairly thrown in at the deep end which could have smashed his confidence to bits.
  • Options
    I don't think we should forget about his age. He's young, maybe the game was too big for him and his team mates bottled it. Maybe lay off one of our own kids eh? He might just play with a bit of freedom that way.
  • Options
    Poor old Joe, having to cope with mealy mouthed disgruntled sulkers. The kid is young but he had the guts to go out against Milwall. That counts for a lot in my eyes. He looked bewildered and clearly struggled, but he still bloody tried. Get off his back and support him!
  • Options
    I agree with all NLA says. Not many no 9s in this division would have done better with the rubbish service he had. Perhaps a frenchman who was injured.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    With the squad available it was a 442 game with fast wingers and a controlled midfield and ball to feet style especially agaimst them
  • Options
    In the Oxford game, JP looked ready to make the step up. Having seen that performance, you can understand Chris taking the risk yesterday - but it was obvious that he was a bundle of nerves. Real test for him and the club making sure there are no long-term scars.

I seem to recall that Jerome Thomas was equally embarrassing in his first game. He was awful, comic even. So they can bounce back....
  • Options
    Joe pigott made intelligent runs. Twice he was in the right place but the defender got there first. Why did Jackson not cut back to him when he got to the line and why is Jackson above criticism. Sordell, although looked up for it but has been disappointing and church has 1 league goal this season, what a terrible effort when through. Pigott is no worse than the others and shows heart and I would love to see him play with kermogant.
  • Options
    Some are blinded by it todd i heard yesterday it was the worse performance by a cafc striker some one had seen

Yet our captain i hold in a real postition of accountability yesterday along with powelly

Piggott was not out of depth and although was poor was no worse than many others and if others would have used half the effort and willing he showed then maybe we wouldnt have lost
  • Options
    Dismal to slate a young lad from our academy. Pathetic support.
  • Options
    I'm not going to comment on the team's (dismal) performance as this thread is just about Joe. Of course every CAFC fan wants him to do well, especially as he came through our ranks but he must be judged on his performance yesterday and his potential as each fan sees it. In my opinion (which seems to be the view of most) he did not play well yesterday. Why was that? As many have said he didn't have much service, yet Church with similar service performed far better. Joe failed to win anything in the air. His timing was all wrong. Yann jumps early, takes the space and either wins the ball or is fouled. Joe jumped late (if at all) and was always second best. Timing can be learnt so perhaps there is something for the coaches. He was too easily bundled off the ball. More work in the gym and on the training ground can develop the ability to hold and shield the ball - again something for the coaches. However the most worrying aspect for me was his serious lack of pace. That is something that cannot be learnt and, sadly, I have doubts over Joe's capacity to step up to this level. That is my opinion. I hope Joe proves me wrong, as there is nothing more rewarding than our own youngsters coming through and making an impact.
  • Options

Some are blinded by it todd i heard yesterday it was the worse performance by a cafc striker some one had seen

Yet our captain i hold in a real postition of accountability yesterday along with powelly

Piggott was not out of depth and although was poor was no worse than many others and if others would have used half the effort and willing he showed then maybe we wouldnt have lost

Pigott wasn't out of his depth?? The bloke was embarrassingly poor.
  • Options
    Go on then tell me what jacko pritchard wilson wiggins church woods and dervitte done that was better
  • Options
    No way should he be getting abuse. He wasn't that bad at all, he was trying as was Church, but i think Powell asked him to do to much himself instead of telling the midfielders to feed him the ball so he can put the ball in the net.... you know kinda like a striker should be.

Like i have said on another thread if Church and Piggott had gotten service from the midfielders and so called wingbacks they would have done more. Instead they had to go and get the ball and try and create something from nothing. Powell got the team wrong yesterday.... thats it. Its no one players fault. I'd rather have an up for it youth player in Piggott than a striker who doesn't look like he gives a toss in Sordell. Not saying Powell out, we just need to start attacking the other team instead of inviting them to attack us then going on the counter attack or route one.
  • Options
    Cafcsinger - I agree that pigott didn't set the world alight but who did? He was out jumped every time but our unintelligent players didn't help by keep playing long balls to him. He controlled the ball out of touch twice but did show bits of skill and made a couple of intelligent runs but when our defence and mid field couldn't look up and only pass it sideways, that can't be blamed on Pigott, church, sordell. Messi and ronaldo would not score with long ball or long ball booted up to them