Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Luis Suarez - 'Chomping at the bit'

Comments

• Options
    I actually think suarez will get away with it.

Its a shame as the word FIFA is heavily linked to such a great football xbox game!
  • Options
    But he has been charged – so FIFA have discussed and decided there is a case to answer. So now it is all going to be down to how good his excuse will be. Can’t possibly see what he can say – best policy is to apologise and go home without providing a defence. There is no way he is going to kick another ball in this tournament, even with FIFA.
  • Options
    There's previous between the two players....check out this picture of Suarez and Chiellini last year at the Confederations Cup!
  • Options
    https://sg.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/soccer-dirty-tackle/swedish-fan-could-win-world-cup-prop-bet-if-fifa-rules-luis-suarez-bit-opponent-194322521.html

Quote:

...With that history, betting site Betsafe decided to have some fun before the World Cup by creating a prop bet that involved another chomp from Suarez. The prop bet went off at 174/1, according to a site spokesman, and Swedish soccer fan Mats Johansson decided to throw 10 kronor ($1.83 USD) down and hope the madman went mad.

He did...

According to Johansson, he thought about betting 50 kronor, but "chickened out."

Suarez waited until Uruguay's final group match to revert to his old ways and for Johansson it paid 1750 kronor (about $260 USD). According to Betsafe, they will be paying out 39 winners who took the prop bet, including one bettor who will take home nearly $3,000 USD.

"We saw the incident and thought it was obvious," a spokesperson said. "Betsafe players are in it to win it, and we saw no reason to delay them from getting what they deserve."
  • Options
    Redskin said:

There's no doubt that Suarez is a recidivist and his actions were those of a guttersnipe, but the levels of pious indignation and hyperbole - potentially life - threatening. ..prolly (sic) the same people who let their kids/c@#! s do what they like - by the majority of people on here show show an abject lack of perspective.

You want 'disgusting' and 'ban him for life' behaviour?

Roy Keane ending Alfie Haaland's career. Remorse? Not an iota; the reverse, in fact.

Does it excuse Suarez? No, but his victim has a red mark on his shoulder, Keane's is, apparently, still haunted by his experience to this day.

Suarez is a recidivist and a guttersnipe to boot, but no - one's career has been ended and no - one's been hurt, however, he has provided manna from heaven for the media and self- righteously indignant.

Is there a lot of difference between being self righteously indignant about people being self righteously indignant, and people just being self righteously indignant about someone biting someone else?
    Just wondering :-)

There are other cases of unacceptably violent behaviour on the field, you are quite right. So is this case.
    It needs addressing.
  • Options

Some really weird responses on this thread.

Biting someone isn't that bad??? And that people are over reacting because they are from Tunbridge Wells?? You what????

Not only is this the THIRD time he's done this but biting someone is a scummy act on the same lines as spitting. He's lucky Chiellini didn't smash them teeth to the back of his face.

Nice one VG, the voice of reason, Tunbridge Wells.... I wish!

• Options
    worse than the Suarez incident was the sight of Sol Campbell just being interviewed about it on SSN.

what on earth was he wearing?
  • Options
    and Suarez's lawyers' comments are beyond comprehension.
  • Options
    If people think biting people in a game of football pitch is acceptable behaviour then they need their head looking at ( or shoulder) maybe he's just watched the Twilight series too many times?

Do they have a shortage of meat in Uruguay? I don't know but a 2 year ban from International matches and a ban from the next World Cup MIGHT sort him out, Wayne Rooney is probably not the most popular English player in the country ,but can you imagine how much abuse he'd get from England fans up and down the country if he'd done it.
  • Options
    Thats why we keep Rooney well fed.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    No justification for his behaviour.
    Should be banned for two years both internationally and domestically. I don't seriously get how some people think it's even remotely acceptable!

If that happened in anyone's place of work it would be summary dismissal and an appointment with Plod on a charge of assault!

The guy needs to be banned and given mandatory psychiatric help.

If he were a dog he would have been put down - particularly after a third offence.
  • Options

No justification for his behaviour.
    Should be banned for two years both internationally and domestically. I don't seriously get how some people think it's even remotely acceptable!

If that happened in anyone's place of work it would be summary dismissal and an appointment with Plod on a charge of assault!

The guy needs to be banned and given mandatory psychiatric help.

If he were a dog he would have been put down - particularly after a third offence.

Which post on this thread argues that his behaviour is acceptable?
  • Options
    I suppose if you come from a country with no class you shouldn't expect too much!
  • Options

I suppose if you come from a country with no class you shouldn't expect too much!

So you're writing a whole country off on the basis of one scummy individuals behaviour, or even a team of them for that matter?
  • Options

Where he is from is irrelevant. Guys a twat - no need to bring race into it.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Sorry, going by their team - comments from Lugano - should get suspended- their manager, their press, Poyet........it is perfectly undertsandable that it is not a country that will be high on my admiration list! Of course they will have decent people livng there - their footballing representatives stink though! My statement was meant in teh context of football though - right I should stress that!
  • Options
    Fair play .
  • Options
    Macronate said:

worse than the Suarez incident was the sight of Sol Campbell just being interviewed about it on SSN.

what on earth was he wearing?

I'm glad someone else noticed...

Dear oh lord...

• Options
    How long is this going on for? Why dont associations and companies around the world affiliated with this pig just forget about pound notes for 1 second and ban him for life and make him rot.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    we could have done with sols services in the world cup (at his peak)
  • Options

How long is this going on for? Why dont associations and companies around the world affiliated with this pig just forget about pound notes for 1 second and ban him for life and make him rot.

To be fair one of his sponsors are reviewing the situation. However don't be shocked to see him and Giorgio doing a Pizza Hut ad in a couple of years.
  • Options
    Dan Roan
    BBC Sport in Brazil
    On Twitter: "At Maracana, where Fifa are due to hold press conference in 30mins, with growing expectation they'll make announcement on Suarez case
  • Options
    Press conference due to start any minute
    FIFA expected to make announcement
  • Options
    To keep you entertained while we await the results.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eF4kSWnY2Z8
  • Options
    9 matches and four months. For a third offence. Described as unsporting behaviour.
  • Options
    Unbelievable, what message does that send, Fifa should be ashamed.
  • Options
    Plus a small fine.
  • Options
    does the ban start straight away ?
  • Options
    Liverpool won't be happy but he will be back in November.