Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Luis Suarez - 'Chomping at the bit'

Comments

• I'd like to see him bite Duncan ferguson he would end up getting his head knocked off, ferguson was a proper hard nut.
  • I trust the sports writers who voted him their 'Player of the Year' are feeling proud this morning.
  • March51 said:

I trust the sports writers who voted him their 'Player of the Year' are feeling proud this morning.

I've got to say, we need to separate these 2 things.
    I find him repugnant and his attitude and behaviour stink, but you surely have to vote on the year in question?
    The Ivanovic incident was previously dealt with and he served his punishment (whether the punishment was appropriate is a different issue too), then, the following year, he had a phenomenal season. It pains me to say it, but it couldn't have been anyone else to win that award this year.
    This new incident is separate again. Presumably he won't win player of the year for 2014-15 (if he did, THEN you'd have a point.)

• The same people trying to play it down and excusing him prolly are the same people who let their little darling brats get away with murder and make excuses for little Johnny being a c*** cos he's just being a boy
    Kids need to know their boundaries or they push em as far as they can go

Suarez is a disgrace and should be banned for a long time but as some others above have said I reckon FIFA won't do anything till Uruguay are out of the competition
  • edited June 2014
    I understand what you are saying about leg breaking tackles and the fact that they should carry a longer ban but that doesn't excuse what Suarez did.

Longer bans are handed out when there is clear intent, even you can't argue that there wasn't intent from Suarez. It's also the third time he has done it, clearly two slaps on the wrist hasn't made him see the error of his ways. You could even argue it is getting worse as the time in between the incidents is becoming smaller.

Ban for life? No. He isn't Ched Evans or whatever that scumbags name is and he has been allowed back, same with Marlon King, Troy Deeney and Lee Hughes. Their crimes were far worse, but a prolonged ban with mandatory treatment must happen now. You can't excuse this behaviour... Well, unless you're Uruguayan.

Disgusted of Essex. (Not Tunbridge Wells) ;)
  • Should be banned for all time. Utter disgrace.
  • March51 said:

I trust the sports writers who voted him their 'Player of the Year' are feeling proud this morning.

I find him repugnant and his attitude and behaviour stink, but you surely have to vote on the year in question?
    The Ivanovic incident was previously dealt with and he served his punishment (whether the punishment was appropriate is a different issue too), then, the following year, he had a phenomenal season. It pains me to say it, but it couldn't have been anyone else to win that award this year.
    This new incident is separate again. Presumably he won't win player of the year for 2014-15 (if he did, THEN you'd have a point.)

Nah, I think he's got a point either way. They voted for him because they thought he was a changed man.
  • edited June 2014
    No doubt I'm in a minority of one here, but I'm beginning to think that Yaya Toure is as dysfunctional as a human being as Suarez and, in his own way, equally objectionable.

Toure, fresh from World Cup exit at the hands of Greece, is now claiming that Manchester City refused his request to miss the Club's end of season trip to Abu Dhabi so that he could spend time with his terminally ill younger brother. A very reasonable request, obviously. However, City vehemently deny that any such request was made, citing previous examples where they gave players compassionate leave. Frankly, I'm inclined to believe them rather than him. Let's not forget that it was while on the trip to the Emirate that Toure complained the Club wasn't taking his birthday sufficiently seriously. No mention then of his brother.

On previous form it seems unlikely that Liverpool will ditch Suarez, but City might just tell Toure to get lost. I hope they do. If I were them I'd be absolutely livid about what, as far as I am concerned, is a very serious accusation and a major insult to the Club's values and its culture. Does Toure have any idea what he is saying?

Neil Warnock was very eloquent on one occasion when talking about the behaviour of footballers. When asked about how he'd dealt with Paddy Kenny when his goalkeeper missed a game as result of an injury sustained during an "incident" in a night club in Halifax, he said, "The problem is that some of them are just thick and there really isn't much you can do about that." Sums it up really.

PS Before anybody says the two situations are not comparable, it's just my personal perspective obviously, but if you gave me the choice between being "bitten", as Chiellini was, or being accused, in front of a global audience, of showing insufficient care or compassion to allow a footballer to miss an end of season tour so he could be with his terminally ill brother, I'd take the Italian defender's plight every time. Again, that's just my perspective based on what's important to me, personally.

PPS To be clear, I'm not defending Suarez. He clearly has a serious problem.
  • Sponsored links:

• I don't think you can bite someone and not be in control of what you are doing. He knew exactly what he was doing.
  • From Uruguay TV website.

“In the TV replay, as viewed in the press area, it appears that [Suárez’s] face comes in contact with Chiellini without it being clear whether he bites him as was claimed by those – especially the English – who were keen to play down Uruguay’s victory. “British reporters in the press conference asked [coach] Óscar Tabárez three times asked about the incident, saying that: ‘Suárez bit Chiellini.’ Their intention was Fifa should intervene and expel Luisito [Suárez] from the World Cup … It would be good if these Englishmen, who are concerned to have Suárez suspended, remember how they won the World Cup in 1966 with a ball which was not a goal.”
  • If the next World Cup finals are moved from Qatar, perhaps they should be held in Transylvania.
  • JiMMy 85 said:

March51 said:

Nah, I think he's got a point either way. They voted for him because they thought he was a changed man.
    Fair enough if that's your opinion, but I don't agree.
    He was simply the best player last year in many people's opinion - including mine and I really didn't want that to be the case! Saying they voted for him because they thought he was a changed man just doesn't hold much water IMHO. That's certainly not why I thought he was the best player last year.
  • JiMMy 85 said:

From Uruguay TV website.

“In the TV replay, as viewed in the press area, it appears that [Suárez’s] face comes in contact with Chiellini without it being clear whether he bites him as was claimed by those – especially the English – who were keen to play down Uruguay’s victory. “British reporters in the press conference asked [coach] Óscar Tabárez three times asked about the incident, saying that: ‘Suárez bit Chiellini.’ Their intention was Fifa should intervene and expel Luisito [Suárez] from the World Cup … It would be good if these Englishmen, who are concerned to have Suárez suspended, remember how they won the World Cup in 1966 with a ball which was not a goal.”

I hope someone i the British press pointed out the final score in that final in 66 .
  • JiMMy 85 said:

From Uruguay TV website.

I'm not going to bite
  • Oh my. I was out last night so I missed all the excitement. Watching that gif is as damning as it gets. One was bad, twice inexcusable but three times?

Whether FIFA ban him or not, Liverpool FC or their supporters cant be still defending him after that, surely? Presumably, as an employee of any any respected company, that would be seen as gross misconduct for bringing his employers into disrepute and instant dismissal, no matter how much you are valued by that company.

There's no excuse for that. Total scumbag.

With his comments after the England game, I expected him to get a rough reception from the PL crowds but after this, blimey.
  • JiMMy 85 said:

March51 said:

He was simply the best player last year in many people's opinion - including mine and I really didn't want that to be the case! Saying they voted for him because they thought he was a changed man just doesn't hold much water IMHO. That's certainly not why I thought he was the best player last year.
    Let's all hope you can get over it.
  • JohnBoyUK said:

Whether FIFA ban him or not, Liverpool FC or their supporters cant be still defending him after that, surely?

I have a mate who is an LFC fan. He is always coming out with hilarious conspiracy theories regarding LFC but he has surpassrd himself this time...

Saying that the pics aren't clear that he bit him and apparently the marks (which he is says dont really look like teeth marks) on Chiellini might be from an old injury according to some guff he has read on the internet.

It's fair to say my mate is a moron.

• JohnBoyUK said:

Whether FIFA ban him or not, Liverpool FC or their supporters cant be still defending him after that, surely?

I have a mate who is an LFC fan. He is always coming out with hilarious conspiracy theories regarding LFC but he has surpassrd himself this time...

Saying that the pics aren't clear that he bit him and apparently the marks (which he is says dont really look like teeth marks) on Chiellini might be from an old injury according to some guff he has read on the internet.

It's fair to say my mate is a moron.

I think its a general Liverpool mentality.

Seen an account on Twitter sticking up for Suarez, its called 'Scouse not English'.

They are on par with Millwall for me.
  • Sponsored links:

• Always the victims.
  • Christ on a bike I can't believe we have some posters of the opinion that those of us disgusted by Saurez' latest assault on another player are getting things out of perspective. I've seen players do far less and less premeditated stuff on Hackney Marshes get life bans. What would a player have to do to get a lengthy ban if not this ?

This bloke crept up on the oppo, bit him on the shoulder when he wasn't looking then went down like an old lady on ice clutching his own face in an attempt to con the ref and the cameras as to what he had done. All this in front of millions of young kids who are already subject to the gradual 'normalisation' of diving, feigning injury, excessive decent and a multitude of other cheating.

If FIFA don't throw the book at the bloke after last night they might as well throw it away...
  • JiMMy 85 said:

JiMMy 85 said:

March51 said:

Let's all hope you can get over it.
    Eh?
  • Those who aren't bothered by Suarez, how many people would you let him bite before banning him for life? It's odds on that FIFA won't do anything to piss off the Uruguayans though.

I wonder what would have happened if the Italians had rallied round their man and walked off the pitch.
  • It is very sad if only the English are upset by this!
  • edited June 2014
    At least he didn't bite his opponent's penis, or rip off his opponent's ear lobe or finger with his teeth! Which apparently happens regularly in rugby.
  • bylbyl
    edited June 2014
    not only the english - it's the headline news in belgium and holland as well and i guess at least in itally too;)
  • At least he didn't bite his opponents penis, or rip off his opponent's ear lobe or finger with his teeth! Which apparently happens regularly in rugby.

Ill give you that. But then i think Rugby is a wrongen's sport anyway.
  • edited June 2014
    Which I expected - and we should as a consequence take great offence to what the Uruguayan press have said about us! Personally, I think by defending their player the Uruguayan FA have brought the game into disrepute. FIFA should deal with Suarez and them or remove any mention or display of the word respect from future shirts and tournaments. If morality and decency has no place in football, at least be open about it. It obviously has no place in Uruguayan football! Video evidence needs to be introduced to clean up football so that teams win in the right way and cheats are punished- but this was an assault that took place on a football pitch and goes beyond that!
  • At least he didn't bite his opponents penis, or rip off his opponent's ear lobe or finger with his teeth! Which apparently happens regularly in rugby.

Ill give you that. But then i think Rugby is a wrongen's sport anyway.
    As an ex-rugby player I give you:

Football is a game for gentlemen, played by thugs.
    Rugby is a game for thugs, played by gentlemen.