Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Non League latest....

Comments

• Options
    Well done Dulwich
  • Options
    Dulwich win 4-3 on pens. Pandemonium.
  • Options
    Nice one Hamlet!
  • Options
    clive said:
    Some familiar former Middlesbrough names there, Craig Hignett, Bates and Ross Turnbull
  • Options
    Enormous party now going on at Goose Green roundabout in East Dulwich...
  • Options

What have Dulwich won ?
  • Options
    iaitch said:

Hartlepool have a Director of Football. Do we have anyone with that remit?

I’m not sure we have a Director of anything at the moment.
  • Options

What have Dulwich won ?
    Promotion to Conference South.
  • Options
    What's the latest on Dulwich and their stadium?

Where will they play home games next season?
  • Options
    At the moment Meadow continue to lock Hamlet out. Hamlet have agreed a season long exile at Tooting.

3300 fans there yesterday. Great day. Hamlet better of two teams but only just.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Well done the Hamlet. Their 4th playoff in a row, I think, so they were overdue. The crowd were amazing. 120 minutes of constant singing.

It's much more fun than league football, this non-league lark.
  • Options
    Great day watching Hamlet yesterday. Non-stop singing from the rabble in glorious sunshine. Only blot was the epic queue for a beer.
  • Options
    Great video of the final pen and pitch invasion.

• Options
    Well done Hartley Wintney beat Cambridge City 1-0...2 successive promotions...
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    National league South should be decent next season, a few fairly big clubs with decent support and only 1 can win it.
  • Options

National league South should be decent next season, a few fairly big clubs with decent support and only 1 can win it.

Incredible Woking in there. Last October they were joint third one point behind Macclesfield on 28 points.
  • Options
    Dartford, Woking, Torquay, Billericay, Dulwich. Will Hereford go in the north or south?

A lot of strong sides there.
  • Options

Dartford, Woking, Torquay, Billericay, Dulwich. Will Hereford go in the north or south?

A lot of strong sides there.

Welling will potentially be around too... they messed up with their Manager choices again so need to get the right man to replace Coyle - In Adam Coombes though they've probably got one of the best Strikers outside of the Conference.

Also saw today that Jamie Philpot has been released by Millwall so could rejoin Welling
  • Options
    Both sets of fans were class yesterday, I thought. Both clubs face ridiculous challenges just to keep going but the fans are top notch.

Best of luck to Hendon for the future. God knows what's going to happen with Dulwich.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited May 2018
    I've just cheered myself up by finding these.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gA0kMme_5pc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YyHyDhh9CPs&t=7s

The Newcastle game was an FA Cup 3rd Round replay in 1974. Curious that it's being played in daylight but it was during the miners' strike and there were power cuts. And it's being played at VIcarage Road in front of about 14,000. Great goals some of them and watch out for Gary Hand's (no pun intended....) save. In goal for Hendon was the great John Swannell, England Amateur keeper (and a very decent opening bat for Cove CC)

The Hendon v Whitby Amateur Cup Final looked a classic. David Hyde scored over 60 goals that season for Hendon and the other scorer is Jimmy Quail, who still gets down to Hendon a fair bit to watch. Look out for the amazing miss by Danny Lakey (one to forget!)
  • Options
    Vincenzo said:

Well done the Hamlet. Their 4th playoff in a row, I think, so they were overdue. The crowd were amazing. 120 minutes of constant singing.

They did win the play offs in glorious sunshine. It won't be quite the same playing Hungerford Town at Tooting's ground in the freezing pouring rain on a November evening.
  • Options

Vincenzo said:

They did win the play offs in glorious sunshine. It won't be quite the same playing Hungerford Town at Tooting's ground in the freezing pouring rain on a November evening.
    Don't be too sure of that.
  • Options

Vincenzo said:

Unless your as mad as a hatter of course :wink:
  • Options

Vincenzo said:

Unless your as mad as a hatter of course :wink:
    Woof woof.
  • Options
    Despite gaining promotion to the National League joint managers Johnson & Morley leave Salford City.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44043221
  • Options
    My unique memory of Hendon is that as a lad, I loved Subbuteo (couldn't spell it mind!) and had a lot of teams in the collection. There was an oficial list of all the teams you could buy, and for a long time Charlton was very hit or miss, but for some reason they had one non league team on the list, Hendon Town. One of the owners must have been a fan.
  • Options
    Dartford's management team departs: https://www.dartfordfc.com/management-team-depart/

These are some numbers:

In total Tony played in a total of 535 games for Dartford, scoring 159 goals. He has been involved as our manager in 880 games. A total of 1415 games – a remarkable record.

Paul Sawyer played in 324 games, scoring 22 goals. As coach and assistant manager, he oversaw 935 games. In total 1259 games – again, an incredible career with the club.

Steve Mosely played a total of 89 games at Watling Street, scoring 11 goals and has been involved as part of the management team for over 500 games since re-joining the club in 2007.
  • Options
    WSS said:

Dartford's management team departs: https://www.dartfordfc.com/management-team-depart/

These are some numbers:

In total Tony played in a total of 535 games for Dartford, scoring 159 goals. He has been involved as our manager in 880 games. A total of 1415 games – a remarkable record.

Paul Sawyer played in 324 games, scoring 22 goals. As coach and assistant manager, he oversaw 935 games. In total 1259 games – again, an incredible career with the club.

Steve Mosely played a total of 89 games at Watling Street, scoring 11 goals and has been involved as part of the management team for over 500 games since re-joining the club in 2007.

Shocked. When you talk about club legends, Burman has to be high up any all time list
  • Options
    WSS said:

These are some numbers:

I'm really surprised at that. Burman has been there forever!