Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Non League latest....

Comments

• Options
    Sutton United and Boreham Wood have been added to the Scottish Challenge Cup for next season.

Competition is almost the equivalent of the Football League Trophy with an International feel to the Cup these days as had teams from the following last season:

- Top 11-Premiership teams enter their U20s | 12th placed enter their first team
    - Scottish Championship | League One | League Two teams
    - Top four from the Lowland League
    - Top four from the Highland League

You then get the top two from Wales | Northern Ireland | Republic of Ireland

Certainly be interesting to see how far both English sides can go as will highlight the poor levels of the other Home Nation Leagues if they can go far...

Just have to hope Sutton dont end up facing Fraserburgh as that'll be a mammoth trip for them
  • Options
    Shaw Lane AFC: Yorkshire seventh-tier side resign from Evo-Stik League.
  • Options
    Simonsen said:

I was at Hendon v Worthing yesterday. It was a superb game and both sides played some brilliant attacking football (Worthing especially were very classy). Hendon lead 2-0, Worthing got one back within a minute, Hendon lead 3-1 but Worthing scored twice in a minute and looked like winning it.....but Hendon scored with almost the last kick and won 4-3 to keep a play-off position.

Niko Muir now has 32 league goals in 40 games and 39 goals in 55 for the season. He's the first Hendon player to hit 30 league goals in a season since David Hyde in the mid-60s.

Josh Walker of Hendon has also been playing for Cardiff U23s. He's pretty classy too (a wide forward) and has 14 goals in 27 league games.

Elsewhere, in Bostik land; Dulwich dropped two points away to Burgess Hill but Billericay only drew at Enfield. Dulwich (and to a lesser degree, Folkestone) still have a chance of pipping Billericay to automatic promotion.

Niko Muir signs for Hartlepool for an undisclosed fee.
    https://www.hartlepoolunited.co.uk/news/2018/june/210618-hartlepool-united-sign-striker-nico-muir-from-hendon/
  • Options

Sutton United and Boreham Wood have been added to the Scottish Challenge Cup for next season.

Why? Surely they have a long enough season as it is with 46 games in the league plus 2 cups, can't see the point in this. Ridiculous travelling and i can't imagine the prize money is great.
  • Options
    clive said:

Simonsen said:

I was at Hendon v Worthing yesterday. It was a superb game and both sides played some brilliant attacking football (Worthing especially were very classy). Hendon lead 2-0, Worthing got one back within a minute, Hendon lead 3-1 but Worthing scored twice in a minute and looked like winning it.....but Hendon scored with almost the last kick and won 4-3 to keep a play-off position.

Niko Muir now has 32 league goals in 40 games and 39 goals in 55 for the season. He's the first Hendon player to hit 30 league goals in a season since David Hyde in the mid-60s.

Josh Walker of Hendon has also been playing for Cardiff U23s. He's pretty classy too (a wide forward) and has 14 goals in 27 league games.

Elsewhere, in Bostik land; Dulwich dropped two points away to Burgess Hill but Billericay only drew at Enfield. Dulwich (and to a lesser degree, Folkestone) still have a chance of pipping Billericay to automatic promotion.

https://www.hartlepoolunited.co.uk/news/2018/june/210618-hartlepool-united-sign-striker-nico-muir-from-hendon/
    Yep.

Last season's Hendon team has been completely dismantled. Loads have gone with Gary McCann to Hampton and a few to St Albans. Muir to Hartlepool will bring a very rare and welcome transfer fee.

The failure in the play-offs and the enforced shunt to the Southern League has killed off a really good squad.

Such is life....
  • Options
    Simonsen said:

clive said:

Simonsen said:

Yep.

Last season's Hendon team has been completely dismantled. Loads have gone with Gary McCann to Hampton and a few to St Albans. Muir to Hartlepool will bring a very rare and welcome transfer fee.

The failure in the play-offs and the enforced shunt to the Southern League has killed off a really good squad.

Such is life....
    Sorry to see him go mate, I know you spoke about him several times at HT last season.
  • Options

Simonsen said:

clive said:

Simonsen said:

Yep.

Such is life....
    Sorry to see him go mate, I know you spoke about him several times at HT last season.
    Seems we got £10,000 for him plus some add-ons.

Not sure he'll make it but he does finish well and full-time training could be the making of him.
  • Options
    £10k seems very low for Niko, saw him a few times for Hendon and Leiston down at Worthing and always looked a cut above.
  • Options
    MarcusH26 said:

£10k seems very low for Niko, saw him a few times for Hendon and Leiston down at Worthing and always looked a cut above.

Only had one year left on his contract (we were lucky that he'd signed for two years as most of our players only sign a year or don't even have a contract). I think there will be significant add-ons in the deal. Just need him to do well now and get another move!!
  • Options
    I have seen that the Vanarama fixtures come out around the 4th July. Presumably this will be the same date for the rest of the pyramid?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I have seen that the Vanarama fixtures come out around the 4th July. Presumably this will be the same date for the rest of the pyramid?

National League same date
  • Options
    Isthmian League and Northern Premier will be released on July 12th, Evo stick will be released on July 19th.
  • Options
    Welling announce 5 signings!
  • Options
    Looks like one came through our Academy yet dont recognise the name?
  • Options

Looks like one came through our Academy yet dont recognise the name?

According to the below link he had a trial

https://www.google.com/amp/s/elwriteback.wordpress.com/2017/10/27/nike-academy-star-nassim-lghoul-on-joining-whitehawk-fc/amp/
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

He usually ghosts in at far post...

That's the spirit
  • Options
    Barnet appear to have signed Jack Barham (Striker) from Greenwich Borough
  • Options
    Another three Hendon players have joined Gary McCann at Hampton. Zak Joseph (who I rate highly), Rian Bray (ex-Millwall Youth) and Tom Lovelock (best Hendon goalie for 40 years). Got small fees for all of them but now there are only about three left from last season's squad (and one of them has said he wants to go to Hampton!)
  • Options
    Simonsen said:

Another three Hendon players have joined Gary McCann at Hampton. Zak Joseph (who I rate highly), Rian Bray (ex-Millwall Youth) and Tom Lovelock (best Hendon goalie for 40 years). Got small fees for all of them but now there are only about three left from last season's squad (and one of them has said he wants to go to Hampton!)

You must be pulling your hair out.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Conference fixtures are out.

Welling United v Dulwich Hamlet on the opening day!

http://www.thenationalleague.org.uk/match-info/fixtures/2018-08
  • Options

Conference fixtures are out.

Welling United v Dulwich Hamlet on the opening day!

http://www.thenationalleague.org.uk/match-info/fixtures/2018-08

Ebbsfleet home to chesterfield.
  • Options

Simonsen said:

I'm pretty resilient and it was obvious that as soon as we lost the play-off final, things were going to change a lot. Just got to make the best of it.

Quite looking forward to some of the aways with Hendon this season; Weymouth, Dorchester, Merthyr etc.....
  • Options
    Simonsen said:

Simonsen said:

I'm pretty resilient and it was obvious that as soon as we lost the play-off final, things were going to change a lot. Just got to make the best of it.

Quite looking forward to some of the aways with Hendon this season; Weymouth, Dorchester, Merthyr etc.....
    Hartley wintney my localish team are in that division too... So look forward to a lot of games there this year.
  • Options
    Tonbridge Angels v Whyteleafe is free entry on Saturday, there are just going to be buckets taking charity donations. 12:30 KO and they’re showing the England game after.

I should be at Sevenoaks v Dartford the week after as well, annoyingly half my planned Dartford groundhops clash with other plans. Billericay early on and Eastbourne last away game should be good though.
  • Options
    Salford sign Aberdeen's top goalscorer for past three seasons on three year contract.
    How would they be able to persuade a player to move south?....

https://dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/adam-rooney-leaves-aberdeen-sign-12928896
  • Options
    Crazy money really, no idea what the transfer fee was on top of the 4k a week they're paying him.

Also signed Danny Lloyd from Peterborough who was a regular for them in league one.
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    Must be because they missed out on the Ghanaian goal machine Chris Dickson, he's moved to Hampton & Richmond.