Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Non League latest....

Comments

• Options
    3-0
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    3-0 ...... just lullin 'em into a false sense of security.
    Come on you Broms!!!
  • Options
    3-1
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    Hoping Stockport will beat the winner.
  • Options
    3-2 ................ we woz robbed
  • Options
    I saw elsewhere that Dover Athletic are inviting former league players who's contracts haven't been renewed to come and play at the Crabble ground. Don't know how much they are looking to pay these former profesional footballers, but if that's true, it makes a lot of the complaints from Dover about being skint look a little bit unlikely. Probably did have problems paying the players, but now are looking to pay big wages. Anyone on here know more about this?
  • Options
    I saw elsewhere that Dover Athletic are inviting former league players who's contracts haven't been renewed to come and play at the Crabble ground. Don't know how much they are looking to pay these former profesional footballers, but if that's true, it makes a lot of the complaints from Dover about being skint look a little bit unlikely. Probably did have problems paying the players, but now are looking to pay big wages. Anyone on here know more about this?
    Or knowing that players would use them as a stepping stone and could retain some decent players in the process.
  • Options
    Or knowing that players would use them as a stepping stone and could retain some decent players in the process.
    That would be a possibility. My questioning referred to whether they could do that financially, after being 'forced' to lay off players and drop out of the national league. I'm happy to be corrected on this as I don't know the full story, but to me  it's a poor look.
  • Options
    Would imagine any players would want to have some kind of insurance at the very least.
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    Nat League play offs will see the return of a former EFL club .. should be two good games .. before the season I fancied Notts Cty, now, under Jim Gannon Simon Rusk and with me ol mucker Paddy Madden doing the biz, it's sunny Stockport for me .. the final is 20th June, day before midsummers .. and football is still a winter game lol

EDIT I must keep up, Gannon was sacked a while back. Simon Rusk (not Farleys) is now the manager
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Gone to Extra Time in todays Play-Off

Currently Torquay 2-2 Notts County 
  • Options
    3-2 to Torquay... 10mins played
  • Options
    3-2 to Torquay... 10mins played
    4-2 now
  • Options
    Torquay are into the Final
  • Options
    Torquay are into the Final
    Hopefully Stockport will join them.
  • Options
    Adam Chicksen who played a few games for us, scored for Notts, his first for 4+ years 
  • Options
    Adam Chicksen who played a few games for us, scored for Notts, his first for 4+ years 
    Another world class player signed under the Belgians.
  • Options
    Come on Stockport - really hope they win today.
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    clive said:
    Come on the monkey hangers.

Both decent away days, a shame one has to lose.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Dave Challinor effectively ended Martin Pringle’s career and I hold grudges, so anyone but Hartlepool for me
  • Options
    Hartlepool win 1-0. A very poor game and too much long ball football. Stockport didn't turn up.
  • Options
    But he had a good name IMHO.
  • Options
    It would be better if his first name was Henry.
  • Options
    Anil Koc was another.
  • Options
     The price of a match ticket at the play-off final at Ashton Gate is £41.00, no concessions plus £1.50 booking fee a ticket, not per transaction, also Bristol City are charging £30.00 for car parking at the ground.
    Surely a better venue could have been chosen for the final, a 550 round trip for Hartlepool fans, impossible to travel by train on the day with a 14.00 KO, less than a 200 mile round trip for Torquay fans.