Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Non League latest....

Comments

• Options
    Off to Hartley Witney v Gosport this afternoon, was going to Chelmsford v the mighty Ebbsfleet but got a reminder first thing I had to go to the tip. Oh well always Saturday now.
  • Options
    Darts are 2 up at home to Eastbourne Borough
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    Darts now 2-1 let goal in immediately after half time
  • Options
    I hadn't realised there was a full non league fixture list this afternoon, or I might have gone to a game. Is this a new thing, playing on the August Bank Holiday?
  • Options
    Darts now 3-1 with 10 mins to g0
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    Darts won 3-1, decent crowd as well 1195
  • Options
    Welling get their first win of the season with a 90th minute winner at home to Concord. Finished 2-1
  • Options

Here today and saw a cracking game finish 1-0 to Witham.
    Had a brief chat with Paul Hayes as well.
  • Options
    Welling get their first win of the season with a 90th minute winner at home to Concord. Finished 2-1
    Phew!!
  • Options
    Was at Gloucester today, watched them beat York City 4-0 a couple of weeks back.they were red hot that day, today sadly they looked like Charlton pre Crewe with zero idea how to create a chance. Needless to say they lost 0-2 to Kettering... 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Picking his nose.
  • Options
    Was at Gloucester today, watched them beat York City 4-0 a couple of weeks back.they were red hot that day, today sadly they looked like Charlton pre Crewe with zero idea how to create a chance. Needless to say they lost 0-2 to Kettering... 
    Saw Glos at Southport a week or so back, started like a train and ended up clinging on for last half hour for a 2-2. Neither side going to trouble the top end this season. Fylde and Kidderminster on the other hand …
  • Options
    Quite amazed how much money is being spent in the National Legue - increasingly difficult to get out of this league. Very little difference between L2 teams and those in the top half of the National League.
  • Options
    Darts 3-1 up away at Bath, about 5 mins to go
  • Options
    Great away win for the Darts -everything seems to be clicking right now. Long old season, but there is a great look about them now. Keep it going lads.
  • Options
    Welling 2 Slough 2. My first live game since our game against Luton in Feb 20. Great to be at a match again and celebrate a goal. Decent game and a good point for the wings despite conceding an 88th minute goal.
  • Options
    Score of the day in the Welsh Cup - Bala Town 17 Brymbo 1
  • Options
    Score of the day in the Welsh Cup - Bala Town 17 Brymbo 1
    https://www.denbighshirefreepress.co.uk/news/19559514.bala-town-hit-17-goals-cup-win-brymbo/

Brymbo are only 2 divisions below their opponents, so that's a shocking scoreline really!
  • Options
    Some amazing crowds 5000+ in the National League.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Which venues?
    Chesterfield 
    Grimsby
    Notts County
    Southend

Pretty impressive for fifth tier
  • Options
    Which venues?
    Chesterfield 
    Grimsby
    Notts County
    Southend

It is impressive but all are ex-league clubs, there were no games in the top 2 divisions, and no internationals clashing either.
  • Options
    While on the subject of big wins, Chorley clocked up a 9-0 win against Gloucester City. I'd be curious to know what happened to make Gloucester do inferior.
  • Options
    Which venues?
    Chesterfield 
    Grimsby
    Notts County
    Southend

It is impressive but all are ex-league clubs, there were no games in the top 2 divisions, and no internationals clashing either.
    They're higher than a lot of the teams in L2 - it's impressive that non league games still get such crowds. The National League is a very tough league to get out of.

• Options
    NLN
    Southport v Gateshead yesterday 3-3 with an outstanding performance from the Port keeper. Lovely beer and the cheeseburgers are magic. Saw Gloucester at Southport couple of weeks back for the season opener 2-2 sounds like had half a side at Chorley. 

• Options
    While on the subject of big wins, Chorley clocked up a 9-0 win against Gloucester City. I'd be curious to know what happened to make Gloucester do inferior.
    They had a player sent off and presumably it was just an off day. They beat York City 4-0 recently.
  • Options
    Phoenix into the second qualifying round of the FA Cup beating Chipstead 2-1.
  • Options
    At Ebbsfleet yesterday....how they lost that I will never know. But being 2-0 down after 4 mins didn't help.

Had a brief chat with Ross Worner, who was in goal for H&waterlioville.  Chris Solly was CH for Ebbsfleet ffs. Lee Martin was playing too.
  • Options
    Woodford Town Friday night and FC Clacton yesterday. 

4-2 and 3-1 respectively to both home sides.

Over 440 in attendance  at Woodford 
  • Options
    shirty5 said:
    Woodford Town Friday night and FC Clacton yesterday. 
    I grew up just down the road from Clacton in Frinton-on-sea. How many do FC Clacton get at home these days?