Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Non League latest....

Comments

• Options
    edited November 2021
    seth plum said:
    Very nearly as many at Dulwich Hamlet as at Burton yesterday.
    3334 announced and 500 turned away.
    Reading on their forum about how horrible the match day experience is at Champion Hill when its that busy. 

https://www.urban75.net/forums/threads/dulwich-hamlet-fans-discuss-how-to-bring-the-joy-back-to-champion-hill.376287/

Give me 600 die-hards at Park View Road any day over that!
  • Options
    CAFCTrev said:
    seth plum said:
    Reading on their forum about how horrible the match day experience is at Champion Hill when its that busy. 

https://www.urban75.net/forums/threads/dulwich-hamlet-fans-discuss-how-to-bring-the-joy-back-to-champion-hill.376287/

Wonder where the money goes 🤷🏻‍♂️
  • Options
    CAFCTrev said:
    seth plum said:

Mainly positive response from the fans on that board regarding last Saturday.
  • Options
    edited November 2021
    seth plum said:
    CAFCTrev said:
    seth plum said:

Mainly positive response from the fans on that board regarding last Saturday.
    Maybe they made some changes since the Billericay game. 
  • Options
    Not somewhere I'd want to go regularly, but if Dulwich can finance themselves as a Saturday afternoon beer park, then it seems a bit churlish to criticise them.

Unless the rules change, I can't see them wanting promotion, as in the NL you can't drink in view of the pitch
  • Options
    It has stopped being fun at Dulwich now - just too many people there, in big groups, in a ground that really can't handle those numbers. I honestly think that for many of them, queueing for everything is part of the experience they go for - like those who line up outside branches of The Breakfast Club on a Sunday morning.

Wasn't there on Saturday, but I think the team doing well is helping hold back some of the complaints. There's also a lot of bad feeling about the Peter Crouch "club in crisis" fly-on-the-wall doc that's being made.

Going to be fascinating to see how a promotion push goes if the club's finances depend so heavily on selling vast amounts of beer.

I'm just relieved that the Welling match on Boxing Day is at PVR rather than Champion Hill (especially as that looks like being a good one as well).
  • Options
    …and with Dulwich winning 4-3 away at St Albans tonight, looks like that play-off push is on!
  • Options
    Will be the first time in 49 years I've not been to watch the Hamlet, just not for me anymore. Grounds not fit for purpose, it just can't handle 3k people. I miss the days of chewing the fat on a cold, wet Tuesday night with my best mate, walking endlessly around the ground buying a lukewarm tea everytime we passed the tea hut, seeing Dulwich lose 0-1 to Harrow Borough with no more the 150 fans there.....those were the days. Pleased my Grandad's not around anymore to see what's become of them, he'd have hated it. Oh well, that's progress I suppose. Pleased they're still going and hopefully will be for some years yet, just not for me.
  • Options
    Will be the first time in 49 years I've not been to watch the Hamlet, just not for me anymore. Grounds not fit for purpose, it just can't handle 3k people. I miss the days of chewing the fat on a cold, wet Tuesday night with my best mate, walking endlessly around the ground buying a lukewarm tea everytime we passed the tea hut, seeing Dulwich lose 0-1 to Harrow Borough with no more the 150 fans there.....those were the days. Pleased my Grandad's not around anymore to see what's become of them, he'd have hated it. Oh well, that's progress I suppose. Pleased they're still going and hopefully will be for some years yet, just not for me.
    A decade ago getting around 600-1k regularly and a long spell in the conf south would have been the dream scenario for Dulwich. Now it seems like the fan base has grown far too quickly, and theres something artificial about it as a result. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    FFS, Welling already 2 0 down at Ebbsfleet. Long afternoon ahead.
  • Options
    bolox - gonna be a tough afternoon
  • Options
    3 0 now
  • Options
    Darts 1-1 after being 1 up away to Hemel hempstead
  • Options
    3 0 now
    Now 4 0
  • Options
    bloody 5 now
  • Options
    2-1 darts pen
  • Options
    3-1 now for the Darts
  • Options
    darts won 3-2
  • Options
    stonemuse said:
    bloody 5 now
    Ended up 6 0, could have been a lot worse 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Bromley made hard work of beating relegation-threatened King’s Lynn. They came from behind twice to win 3-2. Now in fourth place
  • Options
    darts won 3-2
    Needed that, after a ropey run of form which coincided with Charlton's turnaround!
  • Options
    Nice to see the Darts finally get back to winning ways. Nearly got there last week - hopefully this will put the zing back in their stride.
  • Options
    edited November 2021
    Sorry stoney    wish it was 7 for the others and you know who.. I will enjoy the highlights.
  • Options
    killerandflash said: if 
    darts won 3-2
    Needed that, after a ropey run of form which coincided with Charlton's turnaround!
    Agreed, when it went 1-1 I thought they blown it again. 
  • Options
    Good to see Dartford get the win - Ebbsfleet look ominous though. 
  • Options
    @DaveMehmet we don’t give a shit about Welling best get yourself down Charlton again. 😉
  • Options
    Such a weird season for Welling, got done 6 nil twice, once by 5 another by 4, and its not even the half way point of the season. Yet they're still lower mid-table. 

Heres hoping they can strengthen defensively and stop these sort of score-lines. 
  • Options
    5-0 victory for Stockport v Kings Lynn. The National League is very tight at the top.

• Options
    Cracking victory for the mighty Maidstone against Ebbsfleet last night