Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Non League latest....

Comments

• I mentioned this on the last page without putting a link!

https://inews.co.uk/sport/football/extra-promotion-place-national-league-efl-139870
    Worst case they should do what the Scottish clubs do with their Play-Offs, and what we used to do.

Two teams go up automatically from the National League

22nd place in League Two goes into the National League Play-Offs, and join 3rd place in getting a bye to the Semi-Finals

4rd - 7th then go into the Quarter-Finals, no one in the National League loses out as per the current setup - Then if the League Two side win the Play-Offs, they get to stay in League Two, else they're relegated.
  • edited January 2022
    ROTW said:
    JiMMy 85 said:
    Off to film first v second in the NLS today. Should be a cracking game I reckon. 

Got an episode on Southend out tomorrow. Now there’s a club that doesn’t want to admit it’s no longer an FL side. 
    I am obviously welling biased, but the rise and fall of Peter Taylor must be worth a shout?
    England Manager offering David Beckham his captaincy then ending up at NLS Welling?
    He started his managerial career at Dartford so just completed a full circle now.

• Crazy that’s what crowd sittingbourne get now. I remember my brother playing for them in the 90’s and they were averaging about 2k.
    Think the problem with The Brickies is the site of their ground. There are no buses that go near Woodstock Park and the railway station is 3 miles away. 
    I haven't been since Covid started, if I did attend on my own its a £10 cab fare there, another tenner for the cab home, that's before admission and spending money (a pint or 2, program, etc),  looking at nearly fifty quid to watch my local non-league team.
    Sittingbourne FC are doing a "Target 300" promotion at the moment, but, the main complaint is the location of the stadium: not really sure what the answer is.
  • I really don't get why Charlton supporters go and watch non league football on a Charlton home day.....weird. I'm sure I'll get pelters for this but I stand by my comment....weird
    It’s my job. 

ROTW said:
    JiMMy 85 said:
    Off to film first v second in the NLS today. Should be a cracking game I reckon. 

Got an episode on Southend out tomorrow. Now there’s a club that doesn’t want to admit it’s no longer an FL side. 
    I am obviously welling biased, but the rise and fall of Peter Taylor must be worth a shout?
    England Manager offering David Beckham his captaincy then ending up at NLS Welling?
    He was down at Dorking a few weeks back. He and the DW manager got sent off after nearly having a punch up. But I wasn’t there to film it so was utterly broken when I heard what happened. I believe one person said “fuck off to the bingo hall you old ****” and that set Taylor off! 

• Crazy that’s what crowd sittingbourne get now. I remember my brother playing for them in the 90’s and they were averaging about 2k.
    Think the problem with The Brickies is the site of their ground. There are no buses that go near Woodstock Park and the railway station is 3 miles away. 
    I haven't been since Covid started, if I did attend on my own its a £10 cab fare there, another tenner for the cab home, that's before admission and spending money (a pint or 2, program, etc),  looking at nearly fifty quid to watch my local non-league team.
    Sittingbourne FC are doing a "Target 300" promotion at the moment, but, the main complaint is the location of the stadium: not really sure what the answer is.
    http://www.kentmcl.co.uk/highsted-park/
  • edited January 2022
    Badger said:

Crazy that’s what crowd sittingbourne get now. I remember my brother playing for them in the 90’s and they were averaging about 2k.
    http://www.kentmcl.co.uk/highsted-park/
    Thanks @Badger , I think that the area they are talking about (I've only lived down here for a couple of years) is quite near where they are based now. As I said it is out of town and there is little or no public transport.
    It's quite an ambitious project they are talking about.

• Chesterfield boss James Rowe has been suspended pending an investigation into allegations of misconduct.

The 38-year-old took over at the National League club in November 2020.

The Spireites are currently top of the table and reached the FA Cup third round, where they were beaten by Chelsea earlier this month.

"As the matter is subject to an investigation, the club is unable to make further comment until it is complete," they said in a statement.

Assistant Danny Webb has been placed in charge of the team.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/60117493

• edited January 2022
    JiMMy 85 said:
    Also Chris Solly was playing CDM for Ebbsfleet yesterday. I requested an interview after but was told that would be a terrible idea after the result (they lost 5-1). Apparently he gets quite moody!
    He does, i spoke to him at Carshalton earlier in the season, told him i was a Charlton fan and he said so what and turned his back, that was before the game. He is ignorant.
  • Sponsored links:

• JiMMy 85 said:
    Also Chris Solly was playing CDM for Ebbsfleet yesterday. I requested an interview after but was told that would be a terrible idea after the result (they lost 5-1). Apparently he gets quite moody!
    He does, i spoke to him at Carshalton earlier in the season, told him i was a Charlton fan and he said so what and turned his back, that was before the game. He is ignorant.
    Oh man that's shitty to hear. I honestly thought he'd be happy to talk to an Addick. Damn. 
  • JiMMy 85 said:
    JiMMy 85 said:
    Oh man that's shitty to hear. I honestly thought he'd be happy to talk to an Addick. Damn. 

Nope. Not the most approachable of players it has to be said
  • Welling fight back from 2 0 down at Braintree to gain a very important point.

Was supposed to be going with ROTW didn’t in the end. Had a text off him earlier that just said “freezing”
  • Stockport top of National League - on a really good run.
    Bloody tight up there, five points separate 1st from 9th

Three of those teams have one or two games in hand as well

Stockport have won 9 of their last 11 under their new manager - impressive stuff.

Probably 5 or 6 teams in with a shout of top spot. Very tough league.

Stockport have won 9 of their last 11 under their new manager - impressive stuff.

Even more reason for League Two to reject any possible changes to promotion / relegation

Even more reason for League Two to reject any possible changes to promotion / relegation
    It needs to change.

It helps when you can lure players like Paddy Madden and Anthoni Sarcevic out of L1!
  • Sponsored links:

It helps when you can lure players like Paddy Madden and Anthoni Sarcevic out of L1!
    Plenty of cash being spent at the top of the NL.
  • Welling fight back from 2 0 down at Braintree to gain a very important point.

Was supposed to be going with ROTW didn’t in the end. Had a text off him earlier that just said “freezing”
    Good stuff … important result 
  • Just got back from Braintree, great to see the Wings fight back from 2 down. Tbh they dominated the entire game and should of won here really. 

Glad I chose this away day tonight over Hartlepool!
  • Funny how people interpret games differently.
    Very scrappy first half from both sides.
    Welling go two down and you think game over.
    Dipo pops up with a header to make it 2-1 and suddenly game on.
    Welling then get a spring in their step and look like the only side who would win.
    Braintree goalkeeper getting a yellow for timewasting petty much summed up how threatening Welling had suddenly become.
    Confidence gets results, and until that Dipo goal, there only looked like one winner, and it wasn’t Welling.
    Bloody cold.

Oh, a final thank you to our old manager (Steve King) for spunking  a lot of money and achieving FA down the road.
  • At last, Dover 1-0 Eastleigh.  The fight back starts here. :)
  • Surprised that there hasn’t been any mention of the what appears to be a complete demolition by Maidstone of Ebsfleet last night!
  • Ebfleet had two sent off I think
  • Last two Ebbsfleet results have been dire
  • ROTW said:
    Ebfleet had two sent off I think

Two being Sefa Kahraman, second red in as many matches and the manager Dennis Kutrieb. Tom Hadler (ex Fleet) sent off for the Stones. It's all gone Pete Tong and the locals aren't happy.
  • 14 goals in the last 3 away games too....