Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Non League latest....

Comments

• At Havant and Waterlooville vs Tonbridge Angels. Just spotted Nicky Bailey playing for Havant - a bit chunkier now.
  • At Havant and Waterlooville vs Tonbridge Angels. Just spotted Nicky Bailey playing for Havant - a bit chunkier now.
    Ain't we all
  • clb74 said:
    At Havant and Waterlooville vs Tonbridge Angels. Just spotted Nicky Bailey playing for Havant - a bit chunkier now.
    Ain't we all
    Only just realised that Ross Worner is in goal!
  • clb74 said:
    At Havant and Waterlooville vs Tonbridge Angels. Just spotted Nicky Bailey playing for Havant - a bit chunkier now.
    Ain't we all
    No.
  • Could do with Coombes back at Welling for the remainder of the season (scored last min equaliser for Tonbridge)
    Was at Cray Wanderers earlier this season, so not sure of the move.
    As for Bailey, been at Havant a few years now
  • ROTW said:
    Could do with Coombes back at Welling for the remainder of the season (scored last min equaliser for Tonbridge)
    It was an amazing equaliser. Havant had been time wasting for about half an hour. One of their subs walked off slower than I've ever seen with absolutely no hurrying up from the ref. There was 4 minutes extra time which was way less than it should have been. When the Angels scored in the 92 minute karma was dealt out.
  • ROTW said:
    Could do with Coombes back at Welling for the remainder of the season (scored last min equaliser for Tonbridge)
    It was an amazing equaliser. Havant had been time wasting for about half an hour. One of their subs walked off slower than I've ever seen with absolutely no hurrying up from the ref. There was 4 minutes extra time which was way less than it should have been. When the Angels scored in the 92 minute karma was dealt out.
    Was he potentially protesting the attendance on behalf of his Manager?
  • ROTW said:
    I have ticked like to that comment, although it done Welling no favours 
  • Darts 2 nil up away a Tunbridge Angles 
  • Sponsored links:

• At Wingate & Finchley vs Bognor Regis

Colder than I was expecting, I could do with the Guinness being warmed up!
  • The local Ultras...

• Darts 2 nil up away a Tunbridge Angles 
    Now 2-1
  • Darts win 3-2

I’ve been there, not a bad little ground but the grandstand is a long way from the pitch.

I’ve been there, not a bad little ground but the grandstand is a long way from the pitch.
    Yes, it's a weird stand that. I stood on the touchline on that side, next to the home dugout.

I could here everything the home manager was shouting, he told his keeper near the end to go down injured, and surprise surprise, 5 minutes later, the keeper had a Jason Pearce style injury!
  • My son had a nice little 5/1 double up.
    Maidstone & Dorking -1 goals.
    Some good value on those handicap games, especially when you see the avalanche of goals that can suddenly occur late on when a team either tries to get back into a game, or their heads drop.
  • Darts win 3-2
    Was at the game, 1200 odd there so good atmosphere. Some skillful players on both sides (and quite a few not so much) but an enjoyable afternoon. 
  • ROTW said:
    My son had a nice little 5/1 double up.
    Some good value on those handicap games, especially when you see the avalanche of goals that can suddenly occur late on when a team either tries to get back into a game, or their heads drop.
    In DW's case, they are urged to go for the jugular.  "I want you to stand on their throat and then get the scalpel out" is a normal half time team talk, only with more swearing. The style of play they're playing, and the form they're in, they're going to keep doing that to teams. It's easy money! 
  • 5-0 away victory for Stockport against Barnet - the run continues...
  • Sponsored links:

• JiMMy 85 said:
    ROTW said:
    In DW's case, they are urged to go for the jugular.  "I want you to stand on their throat and then get the scalpel out" is a normal half time team talk, only with more swearing. The style of play they're playing, and the form they're in, they're going to keep doing that to teams. It's easy money! 
    Must admit to having done well on them lately after following them on that bunch of amateurs YouTube thing they have now. Their bench is a bit weak mind you.
    winky thing (the smuggest of all emojis)
  • 5-0 away victory for Stockport against Barnet - the run continues...
    I was thinking of going to that match, Barnet being another one of my localish sides now. I can't imagine the locals would have enjoyed that result!
  • edited January 2022
    3600 at Bromley today( no premier football helped) where they beat Notts county 1-0.
    Andy Woodman had a chat with Scally at Gillingham but realized he's better off at Bromley where he's on a good wage, lives in big gated house in Warlingham, (15 minute drive away) and could be in League 2 next season with Bromley where they could play Gillingham.

No need to go to the wastelands of Gillingham.

• 3600 at Bromley today( no premier football helped) where they beat Notts county 1-0.
    Andy Woodman had a chat with Scally at Gillingham but realized he's better off at Bromley where he's on a good wage, lives in big gated house in Warlingham, (15 minute drive away) and could be in League 2 next season with Bromley where they could play Gillingham.

One hell of a challenge getting out of the NL this season - the standard at the top is pretty high.
  • IdleHans said:
    JiMMy 85 said:
    ROTW said:
    Must admit to having done well on them lately after following them on that bunch of amateurs YouTube thing they have now. Their bench is a bit weak mind you.
    winky thing (the smuggest of all emojis)
    I’m playing for a new contract! 
  • 3600 at Bromley today( no premier football helped) where they beat Notts county 1-0.

One hell of a challenge getting out of the NL this season - the standard at the top is pretty high.
    Woodman's stock is pretty high right now. He has been strongly linked with 2 EFL clubs this season. Even if he fails to get Bromley up those offers seem likely to continue.

It appears to me as if Scally at Gills is avoiding appointing a new manager until the transfer window shuts. Now he'll probably appoint someone like Mike Flynn who was available all along.

So as you suggest Soapboxsam, Woodman has perhaps dodged a bullet there with the Gills and if he did turn them down as reported, it's refreshing to see and has enabled Bromley to continue their excellent form.
  • Went to Hartley Wintney v Salisbury yesterday.  Those who can remember Rowan Vine was there as his son plays for Harltley, and he was very approachable sat and had a beer and told the odd story about his days at Pompey.

Further Steve Clariidge is Salisbury manager and I said to him about bring a  Charlton fan and palace in the last minute, he went heads down and looked away. One of the Salisbury fans said hes always like that.
  • Went to Hartley Wintney v Salisbury yesterday.  Those who can remember Rowan Vine was there as his son plays for Harltley, and he was very approachable sat and had a beer and told the odd story about his days at Pompey.

Further Steve Clariidge is Salisbury manager and I said to him about bring a  Charlton fan and palace in the last minute, he went heads down and looked away. One of the Salisbury fans said hes always like that.
    If you enjoyed Rowan Vine's anecdotes,  check out his Undr the Cosh episode on YouTube. It's a crazy interview with plenty of laughs.
  • Kips said:
    Went to Hartley Wintney v Salisbury yesterday.  Those who can remember Rowan Vine was there as his son plays for Harltley, and he was very approachable sat and had a beer and told the odd story about his days at Pompey.

If you enjoyed Rowan Vine's anecdotes,  check out his Undr the Cosh episode on YouTube. It's a crazy interview with plenty of laughs.
    Thanks will do.

The top seven all won yesterday except Wrexham who played with 10 men for 86 minutes and conceded at 90+2 to draw. It's one hell of a bunfight up there. I think Stockport have won 9 on the trot now. They play Bromley in two and a bit weeks time.