Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Non League latest....

Comments

• Welling 1 Hamlet 3. Welling not looking up for a relegation scrap. Sad to see. Nice to meet some Wings at the Hinge. Decent bunch and stoic about the prospect of going down, but it can't be much fun. Dulwich on the other hand are back in the play-off spots. Think they're too inconsistent to stay there though.
  • Vincenzo said:
    Welling 1 Hamlet 3. Welling not looking up for a relegation scrap. Sad to see. Nice to meet some Wings at the Hinge. Decent bunch and stoic about the prospect of going down, but it can't be much fun. Dulwich on the other hand are back in the play-off spots. Think they're too inconsistent to stay there though.
    Welling were poor last night but I dont think they are going down. I saw enough good stuff from the win on Saturday to suggest that they will get enough points to be safe. It will be close though! 
  • CAFCTrev said:
    Vincenzo said:
    Welling 1 Hamlet 3. Welling not looking up for a relegation scrap. Sad to see. Nice to meet some Wings at the Hinge. Decent bunch and stoic about the prospect of going down, but it can't be much fun. Dulwich on the other hand are back in the play-off spots. Think they're too inconsistent to stay there though.
    Welling were poor last night but I dont think they are going down. I saw enough good stuff from the win on Saturday to suggest that they will get enough points to be safe. It will be close though! 
    Helps that just one team goes down this season, and they've already got a six point gap to Billericay.

Would be strange seeing Welling in the Southern or Isthmian Premier - Dont recall them ever being at that level.
  • CAFCTrev said:
    Vincenzo said:
    Helps that just one team goes down this season, and they've already got a six point gap to Billericay.

Would be strange seeing Welling in the Southern or Isthmian Premier - Dont recall them ever being at that level.
    Billericay v Welling in March will be huge, unfortunately its the same day as Charlton v Sunderland.

Youre right I dont think they've been at the Isthmian League level since the early 80s? Its a shame that Welling have regressed so much in the last couple of years, as recently as 2018 they were in the NLS Playoff Final. 
  • CAFCTrev said:
    Vincenzo said:
    I hope you're right. 
  • CAFCTrev said:
    Vincenzo said:
    I see Danny Parish is at Welling now - has he been playing and if so how is he doing ?

Welling’s website isn’t the greatest, so I don’t know his situation playing wise (I know him via my 2 kids) 
  • Sad also to see Welling's ground looking in a such a poor state. What's going on behind the terrace at the Park View Road end?
  • Sad also to see Welling's ground looking in a such a poor state. What's going on behind the terrace at the Park View Road end?
    It really does suggest that the owner has lost interest. 
  • CAFCTrev said:
    Sad also to see Welling's ground looking in a such a poor state. What's going on behind the terrace at the Park View Road end?
    His involvement centred around a pie in the sky scheme to develop the ground and include retail units and a gym etc. That’s come to nothing and the ground is slowly falling apart. The terracing at the park end is dangerous in my view and really shouldn’t be open. 
  • CAFCTrev said:
    Sad also to see Welling's ground looking in a such a poor state. What's going on behind the terrace at the Park View Road end?
    His involvement centred around a pie in the sky scheme to develop the ground and include retail units and a gym etc. That’s come to nothing and the ground is slowly falling apart. The terracing at the park end is dangerous in my view and really shouldn’t be open. 
    Zero chance of that. I assume the whole area is designated Metropolitan open land anyway, while the current stand and car park areas are tiny with no spare space for any further development
  • Sponsored links:

• edited February 2022
    Good day for Stockport - still top of NL and through to next round of FA Trophy.
    I saw Stockport v Cheshunt. The Isthmian League side battled to the end and only lost 1-0. Had the Stockport keeper got sent off for deliberately handling outside the box earlier, Cheshunt may have sneaked a draw. My report (of sorts) can be read here.
  • 3-1 victory for Stockport at Bromley keeps them top. Boreham Wood and Chesterfield close behind.
    I went to the game. It was a cagey affair and looked like a 0-0 draw to me, until Bromley gave the ball away badly on two occasions near the halfway line in the 64th and 70th minutes, allowing Stockport to score two well-taken goals. Bromley were disappointing on the night; they looked scared to attack. Scott Wagstaff had to be subbed as he was edging close to a red card. Stockport will take some stopping but Boreham Wood have four games in hand, although Everton will be a big distraction, I suspect.

• Crazy that’s what crowd sittingbourne get now. I remember my brother playing for them in the 90’s and they were averaging about 2k.
    Was that in the John Ryan days - Jimmy Case playing a couple of games plus some amazing transfers of Neil Emblem to Millwall and our keeper to Arsenal.  I had a season ticket back in those days - think it cost £20 :-)
  • ricardom said:

Crazy that’s what crowd sittingbourne get now. I remember my brother playing for them in the 90’s and they were averaging about 2k.
    Was that in the John Ryan days - Jimmy Case playing a couple of games plus some amazing transfers of Neil Emblem to Millwall and our keeper to Arsenal.  I had a season ticket back in those days - think it cost £20 :-)
    That’s it. He was there for about 10 years. They used to play Arsenal in a friendly most seasons and he marked Anelka in what was his first game in England. He scored a hat trick 😂. They had some fantastic players during his time there, Kenny Pavey was there who ended up a legend at AIK Stockholm.
  • 3-1 victory for Stockport at Bromley keeps them top. Boreham Wood and Chesterfield close behind.
    I went to the game. It was a cagey affair and looked like a 0-0 draw to me, until Bromley gave the ball away badly on two occasions near the halfway line in the 64th and 70th minutes, allowing Stockport to score two well-taken goals. Bromley were disappointing on the night; they looked scared to attack. Scott Wagstaff had to be subbed as he was edging close to a red card. Stockport will take some stopping but Boreham Wood have four games in hand, although Everton will be a big distraction, I suspect.
    I'm hoping Stockport get the automatic spot and as you say Boreham Wood will be distracted by the FA Cup. Challinor is a good manager for Stockport.
  • CAFCTrev said:
    No surprise.
  • Heard the Erith owners have basically been paying the bills there to keep the ground open 
  • Would be interested if you had anything to substantiate that.
    Not being sarcastic, but if you haven’t already guessed, have a keen interest in Welling.
  • Just something I heard. I don’t have a smoking gun email or anything!! 
  • No worries, just thought I would ask.
    Seems a bit far reached though when they will do well to get 50 through the gate tonight.

• Sponsored links:

• ^^ Erith and Belvedere's ground share with Welling being referred to here for those like me who were getting confused...
  • Darts 1 up at home to Bath
  • Half time Darts 1 Bath 0
  • Darts win 2-0 pen in last min 
  • Stockport win again - stay at the top.
  • Welling are in big trouble. Manager quick to swerve todays game, along with his puppet master Goldberg.
    They could play until next season, but don’t see a goal coming from open play

• To be fair, didn’t even see the chairman.
  • ROTW said:

To be fair, didn’t even see the chairman.

You mean you missed that treat served up at the valley today mate........
  • The gulf between the top tier and the rest.
    So annoys me the difference in finances

https://www.wellingunited.com/injury-news-help-yannis-drais-pay-for-surgery/
  • has the club not got insurance for players or does it stop at this level ?