Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Non League latest....

Comments

• 1-0 win for County. Just need a point against Halifax on Saturday to secure promotion.

Nervous game this evening.
  • Interesting final day in the National League.

Wrexham do not have it easy as they play Dagenham & Redbridge who need 3 points to make the play offs. And Stockport play Halifax needing a point to go up whilst Halifax need to better Solihull Moors result to only play once to make the play off final.

• Come on The Darts tonight.
  • Quarter final for the entire season for Dartford. I hope Kingy doesn't muck around with the starting line up a la Braintree tonight!
  • Come on Darts!
  • I thought Chippenham looked inept when I saw them a few weeks back. Hard to picture them getting a result tonight. Hope they do though - Darts and Ebbsfleet are teams to fear in the final!
  • Nil nil, extra time now  :/
  • Penalties...
  • Penalties...
    And coverage via BBC Sport has finished after first 3 pens saved ! 
  • Sponsored links:

• Dartford lose 3-2 on penalties, missing 3 of the 5
    Oh well, come on Dorking ! 
  • Great news, 6 points for Dartford next season  ;)
    So you don’t think Darts will go up 😱
    Sadly no. Also better to have low expectations and then be pleasantly surprised!
    I had no confidence of Dartford winning the playoffs. Better to lose today, than on Sunday I suppose...
    Oh well, come on Dorking ! 
    I’m getting nervous already!
  • About time the national league had 2 automatic promotion places. Just 1 for a 23 team league is rubbish.

If both these sides go up, i wouldn't bet against them both going straight through league 2 next season.
    It's 1 automatic place and 1 play off place.
    I know, that's why i said it's about time they had 2 automatic places.
    Sadly no. Also better to have low expectations and then be pleasantly surprised!
    I had no confidence of Dartford winning the playoffs. Better to lose today, than on Sunday I suppose...
    Yeah, the mojo drained away after the FA Cup exit, and Dartford never had the consistency after that. But listening to the commentary last night was miserable. 
    Yeah, the mojo drained away after the FA Cup exit, and Dartford never had the consistency after that. But listening to the commentary last night was miserable. 
    After years of having a stable team, there's been too much chopping and changing, and too many loan players.
    Shame, even as a Welling fan it's always good to see local teams do well. Played the 9 hole golf course there last Saturday morning with my daughter and whilst I'm not a huge fan of new stadiums, the whole complex there is a million miles away from the shit pit that Park View Road is at the moment.

Even my daughter, who's not really a football fan couldn't believe it when I told her they were in the same league as Welling.
  • Yeah, I don't want to change manager, but this constant inbound/outbound player saga doesn't seem to make the team work better. I keep seeing we've brought in another player with a decent record behind them, and within a couple of months, they're gone again along with a couple of others, and new ones arrive. Every time I see another new signing on Facebook, I'm tempted to wish them a nice weekend at Princes Park. I have no idea if this is the way non league is going, but it doesn't seem to help Dartford. Admittedly maidstone and Dorking set a very high bar this season, but it was our failure to mop up the smaller teams (Braintree home will live on for a while) and as King seems to have an idea of how to get the team playing, it would be great if he could sit down with the directors now, try and get a squad together now, and stick with it. A couple of improvements across the season is fine. 40 different players suggests someone doesn't know how to get the best from what he has.
  • For those interested, the FA have released the makeup of the non-league pyramid below the National League, i.e. the two levels of the Isthmian and the two of the Southern Counties East, if you're in Kent. The space for the National League divisions is blank until the playoffs are finished. Levels from the county league downwards get sorted out by the County FA, starting from now so likely to be a while before things are worked out. All allocations are subject to appeal and there are one or two that look odd and may be typos, but if you support a non-league team at steps 3 to 6 this will give you a decent idea of who you're playing next season.

FA documents downloadable from here. And a helpful Google map of the various divisions put together by someone who's (a) very dedicated and (b) has too much time on his hands is here.
  • Sponsored links:

• I know I am in the minority as usual, but good luck too Ebbsfleet Sunday.
    Shame, even as a Welling fan it's always good to see local teams do well. Played the 9 hole golf course there last Saturday morning with my daughter and whilst I'm not a huge fan of new stadiums, the whole complex there is a million miles away from the shit pit that Park View Road is at the moment.

Even my daughter, who's not really a football fan couldn't believe it when I told her they were in the same league as Welling.
    Even though Dartford's stadium is brand new or whatever (and costs them £1 a month in rent or something stupid) of the two stadiums I had much more fun hanging out at PVR. 
  • JiMMy 85 said:
    Great news, 6 points for Dartford next season  ;)

Even though Dartford's stadium is brand new or whatever (and costs them £1 a month in rent or something stupid) of the two stadiums I had much more fun hanging out at PVR. 
    Dirty boy
  • I always keep an eye on Chippenham Town as grew up close to there and used to watch them quite a bit. Biggest game in their history tomorrow and I´m hoping they can pull it off.
  • edited May 2022
    Stockport 1-0 Halifax

Gives County the title as things stand, but games only kicked off ten mins ago - Dag & Red 0-0 Wrexham - The Welsh side need to win, and need Stockport to lose to avoid the Play-Offs. 
  • I'm at the Boreham Wood Vs Solihull Moors game - a bogoff offer with the Wrexham match 2 weeks ago.

Solihull look a decent team, and will give Wrexham a good game in the playoffs 
  • Stockport now 2 0 up and Wrexham 1 0 down.
  • I'm at the Boreham Wood Vs Solihull Moors game - a bogoff offer with the Wrexham match 2 weeks ago.

Solihull look a decent team, and will give Wrexham a good game in the playoffs 
    The two cant play each other until the Final as things stand
  • Delighted to see County promoted...
  • Delighted to see County promoted...
    Same here, I know a lot of friends that will be very happy tonight