Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Non League latest....

Comments

• What a final that was ! AND BDL as co commentator for the stream & presumably Radio Kent/Surrey .

It had just about everything & was a joy, if a nail biting one, to watch. 

A gritty, gutsy performance from both teams on a very warm afternoon overlooking the Surrey Hills- what's not to like ? 

Thanks, in part, to the smoke bomb mentioned earlier, the match was taken into extra time & for the first time, DW managed to take the lead. Some very tired legs, including those of Lee Martin & Chris Solly, couldn't make that last effort to take it to pens...thank goodness and the Wanderers were victorious. 

Following the disappointment of the U 18s match earlier, this was a great way to mentally bounce back & finally draw a line under this season...for a few weeks at least. 

Now for Super Kent.....! 
  • Kips said:
    2-2 100th min equaliser
    I heard that much injury time was because some ebbsfleet fan threw a flare on the pitch in injury time. Finished 3 2 dorking, what a sickener....
    Dickhead. Bet he’s well popular with Fleet fans this evening.
    No he isnt..
  • This stuff about the flare is over-egged. Ebbsfleet couldn’t clear their lines under pressure at the death. 

Ebbsfleet looked like they had DW’s measure for the opening 20 minutes. Dorking recovered and dominated play for much of the rest of the game. Ebbsfleet’s late goal came against the run of play. Dorking’s recovery was dictated almost word for word by the manager. Once they got level Ebbsfleet looked broken. They applied some pressure but it wasn’t remotely effective. Late on they tried hard to put even more pressure on but someone booted the ball away 👀 and that was that!
  • Oh dear - what a shame - never mind

Nothing to see here - move on 😂😂😂😂
    Fair play, my thoughts after the Chippenham penalty result. Despite the nature of the result, Dorking deserve it at the end of the day.
  • shirty5 said:

But you're from Luton.
  • Good to see York back in the Conference.
  • Good friend of mine is playing in the Vase final for Littlehampton today. Hoping some of the Wrexham and Bromley fans arrive early to have a decent ish crowd in attendance for it 
  • JiMMy 85 said:
    This stuff about the flare is over-egged. Ebbsfleet couldn’t clear their lines under pressure at the death. 

Ebbsfleet looked like they had DW’s measure for the opening 20 minutes. Dorking recovered and dominated play for much of the rest of the game. Ebbsfleet’s late goal came against the run of play. Dorking’s recovery was dictated almost word for word by the manager. Once they got level Ebbsfleet looked broken. They applied some pressure but it wasn’t remotely effective. Late on they tried hard to put even more pressure on but someone booted the ball away 👀 and that was that!

No, it's really not. 6 minutes were added and because of that dickhead the ref added two more minutes on, they scored the equaliser in the 98th minute, despite Fleet having an obvious corner not given and the Dorking keeper taking his goal kick with a rolling ball. It may be little things but you'd expect the officials to be at least competent enough to pick up those.

Yep, haters will hate, so f*ck them all! At least Fleet got to the final, how did Dirtford do? Oh they choked again didnt they?
  • Sponsored links:

• I don’t think anyone cares about Ebbsfleet that much tbh
    Yeah, I dont want Ebbsfleet or Welling to do well as I grew up in Dartford, but they are hardly the equivalent of Palace and Millwall to me. 
  • Yeah it's a bit weird, there are more "oh I bet X teams' fans are well happy with that" comments compared to "I dislike team Y" remarks. We are all Charlton supporters. 

Worthing looks a good away trip in that division next season. They get 1000+ at home. The other promoted team, Cheshunt, have a new ground and aren't too far away.
  • Watching the finals day at Wembley. Newport Pagnall leading 1-0 at HT thanks to an absolute worldie.
  • Newport 3-0 up now.
  • How can you be 3 0 down against a service station?
  • Thoroughly deserved and looked a very good side for step 5 level.
  • clb74 said:
    shirty5 said:

But you're from Luton.
    Exactly that tweet is bollocks. 
  • BDL said:
    JiMMy 85 said:
    This stuff about the flare is over-egged. Ebbsfleet couldn’t clear their lines under pressure at the death. 

No, it's really not. 6 minutes were added and because of that dickhead the ref added two more minutes on, they scored the equaliser in the 98th minute, despite Fleet having an obvious corner not given and the Dorking keeper taking his goal kick with a rolling ball. It may be little things but you'd expect the officials to be at least competent enough to pick up those.

Yep, haters will hate, so f*ck them all! At least Fleet got to the final, how did Dirtford do? Oh they choked again didnt they?
    I know I am biased, how could I not be. I just think Ebbsfleet lost for a variety of reasons, and some of those were very much in their control - like winning a header with five seconds left to go. The time added on thing is really pushing it - it took 2m 36s for the game to be restarted from the goal. All the smoke bomb did was delay those two minutes being played. I'll check the footage for the corner and the rolling ball, but frankly I think they're both a bit of a stretch! 
  • Newport 3-0 up now.
    Littlehampton's number 20 having an absolute nightmare for goals 2 & 3
  • Sponsored links:

• Over 40K for the Trophy final. How many from Bromley?
  • Have Crystal Palace tried to take credit for the FA Trophy win yet, seeing that South London is "theirs" 
  • Dartford sack Steve King

Harsh, but to me as an occasional watcher, he seemed to slightly lose his way, with the endless player churn

• If the decision is based on performances/ league position that’s a bit of a tough Tweet. 
  • Watching from afar, he seemed to change the players too often, and lack consistency. But he'll be hard to replace. I still remember the two we had previously. Overall, not a wise call, but we'll see I guess.
  • Watching from afar, he seemed to change the players too often, and lack consistency. But he'll be hard to replace. I still remember the two we had previously. Overall, not a wise call, but we'll see I guess.
    I'm merely a casual follower of all Kent sides at NLS level and above, so will bow to the superior knowledge of you Ken and other posters above, but King's sacking seems incredibly harsh to me.  

They've consistently been right up there in the play off mix since he took over, they may even have been top when his first full season was curtailed due to covid?

Arguably nobody knows this league better than him and the job he did at Welling was fantastic finishing 3rd I think.  Just look at the Wings since he left. I hope the Darts don't go the same way but time will tell...

• They found out he was in talks with Charlton 
  • Kips said:
    Watching from afar, he seemed to change the players too often, and lack consistency. But he'll be hard to replace. I still remember the two we had previously. Overall, not a wise call, but we'll see I guess.
    I'm merely a casual follower of all Kent sides at NLS level and above, so will bow to the superior knowledge of you Ken and other posters above, but King's sacking seems incredibly harsh to me.  

They've consistently been right up there in the play off mix since he took over, they may even have been top when his first full season was curtailed due to covid?

Arguably nobody knows this league better than him and the job he did at Welling was fantastic finishing 3rd I think.  Just look at the Wings since he left. I hope the Darts don't go the same way but time will tell...

I can't disagree with any of that. My knowledge isn't exactly superior, but my feeling is he seemed obsessed with a revolving door of players. But he brought consistency and a huge improvement on the previous duo. If Dartford have a better manager lined up, fair play, but I see their current position as being easier to get worse rather than better. I'd have given him another season.
  • https://www.dartfordfc.com/steve-king-further-statement/

Following a lengthy discussion at our board meeting last night the directors made the unanimous decision to dispense with the services of Steve King after a little over two and a half years.
    In that time our league position has been a source of pride. Finishing in the play offs three seasons in a row is a huge achievement.
    Steve King is clearly a talented manager hence his initial appointment.
    However, Dartford FC is built on stability and the wider footballing and supporter family within the community.
    Our recent approach to player recruitment, development and retention, though successful in terms of league position, hasn’t perhaps proved to be best fit for us and our ambitions / plans going forward. Steve is a talented professional manager but the board is very conscious of the responsibility we have to the club’s history and its future.
    We would like to place on record our thanks to Steve King for his tireless efforts since his appointment and we sincerely wish him well in whatever he does next.