Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Burnley - Charlton - Post Match Views

Comments

• Options
    dizzee said:

However much I am wound up with Powell I do not want anyone else in charge and believe he can turn it round. I do believe the reason we are failing at the moment is because of him but just really hope it is him who keeps us up. I do love SCP.

That's nuts. You say that you think we are failing cos of him but don't want him gone. You support Charlton not Chris Powell. This man love is starting to get silly - come on now.
  • Options
    Paul hart is no manager
  • Options
    Was a very good manager at Forest
  • Options
    nolly said:

Paul hart is no manager

Bloody good in youth set up, but as you say, he is no manager
  • Options

sralan said:

You can't make a silk purse out of a pig's ear. The board are not willing or not in aposition to invest, CP having to make do with what scraps he can. Things are far from rosy in the CAFC garden. But today's result was predictable. Like a few others here, the next few games will decide a lot of things. I personally will be totally gutted if CP goes and I cannot see who in their right mind would jump at the vacancy!

Everyone seems to overlook that we have a manager in our midst...Paul Hart...sure he'd jump at the chance....maybe he is here as the 'back up' for whatever might happen
    If Paul Hart is the messiah we might as well all give up now.
  • Options

sralan said:

You can't make a silk purse out of a pig's ear. The board are not willing or not in aposition to invest, CP having to make do with what scraps he can. Things are far from rosy in the CAFC garden. But today's result was predictable. Like a few others here, the next few games will decide a lot of things. I personally will be totally gutted if CP goes and I cannot see who in their right mind would jump at the vacancy!

Everyone seems to overlook that we have a manager in our midst...Paul Hart...sure he'd jump at the chance....maybe he is here as the 'back up' for whatever might happen
    The trouble with giving the job to Paul Hart is that if it did not work out he would not be able to go back to the accademy, his record as a 1st team manager is not the greatest. I think given time CP will come good and has my 100% support.
  • Options
    Paul Hart.At least somebody has the cojones to make a suggestion. In my view the wrong suggestion mind.
    Paul Hart is working where he does best, with young and developing players, hence their success last season, with Nathan obviously. However Hart has tried full management, and has not been as good as Chris in his efforts and for me it would be a desperately wrong choice.
    We also have another manager in our midst, Keith Peacock, in every way a brilliant man, a brilliant Charlton man, and I feel that because Keith is a brilliant Charlton man he would be one of the first to say Chris must carry on, and he would help in every way he could.
  • Options
    There's always that bloke who got his team the title with 101 points, then finished 9th with few additions in the league above. Oh wait...
  • Options
    Paddy7 said:

There's always that bloke who got his team the title with 101 points, then finished 9th with few additions in the league above. Oh wait...

No. He's clueless, remember.
  • Options
    jeez, keith peacock lovely man but come on now
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited September 2013
    fuck lets get les back
  • Options
    So getting Forest in the play off's isn't achieving as much as Powelly ? And at the same time developing players such as Reid and Dawson at the same time.Know your football peeps
  • Options
    been at a fair few clubs not many admirers of him if any
  • Options

So getting Forest in the play off's isn't achieving as much as Powelly ? And at the same time developing players such as Reid and Dawson at the same time.Know your football peeps

Lots of relegations and not many games won.
  • Options
    Kept Palace up done well at Forest and played bloody good football.
  • Options
    2 weeks ago, Millwall lost 5-1 at home to Derby. Their fans were going crazy, Lomas out chants (and worse) were echoing around the Den and their message boards were going into meltdown.

2 weeks later, they've won 3 games in a row. Lomas is a genius, masterminding victories over us and Leeds. Oh, and Nigel Clough who led Derby to that victory has been sacked.

I'm not saying we are going to win our next 3 games but this league is so tight, with a bit of luck and run of the ball, who is to say that we can't soon go on a run of victories.

Honestly, it's not time to slit our throats yet.
  • Options
    he is awful as a manager even rushden and diamonds offed him
  • Options
    So would we want to retain the gaffer if we are marooned in the bottom 3 at the year end??
  • Options

limeygent said:

Would like to see Hughes back in, we started getting better with him back in the team last season. Once we get some of these injuries sorted, we'll be all right.

of course, I forget that we are decimated with injuries !!!! (all 2 of them)
    Our best players, trying to be positive.

• Options
    edited September 2013
    Clarets friends comments:
    A scrappy win. We weren't great but you didn't have any edge at all.

I thought the same. Burnley won't get a softer game this season. We forgave their errors and made loads of our own to flatter them with 3-0. They played down the middle in attack mostly and we gave them plenty of time to set up. The fact they didn't win 4 or 5-0 just indicates that though on form they are probably not ruthless enough to stay in the top 2.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    the board will not sack powell because they may by now know we the fans dont trust them to run our deloved club! if they sacked powell us fans would revolt against them in numbers and the club will suffer badly the crowds will go down well unless they bought in curbs to replace powell! cant see that happening myself
  • Options
    vff said:

Disappointing but predictable result.

3 of our best players are injured in a thin squad. We only have one decent striker. You need a goal threat / goal scorer on the pitch.

With our best team out, we are competitive and can get results.

With the quality available today it is likely that the team will struggle to get a result with any formation, that you may want to pick. You can say that the manager should have used another formation, but that may not have worked either. Maybe it is down to a lack of quality back up.

Good luck to any manager who wants to manage in the current circumstances at Charlton. They will need it.

Just home and feeling pretty low.

However, Burnley were not a whole lot better than us....except for the 2 on form strikers they brought in. Confidence is sky high and their crowd is loving it !

As vff rightly states, lack of quality back up looks to be our downfall. Yann's injury is seemingly not as serious as we thought so fingers crossed he'll be back in the starting line up on Tues night. Have no idea as to the severity of JJ's problem.

What worries me most is the demeanour of the players...and even more so, the gaffer. He looked really down as the players came out at 2.55 and sat in the dugout for maybe 70% of the match. Not like the upbeat SCP that we know & love & a rumour of a meeting last Thurs to discuss his future only adds to my fears for him.

A "cards on the table" article from someone like Patrick Collins in the national press would go a long way to pointing the finger in the direction of those who are squeezing the life out of our football club...and who are effectively destroying a fantastic young manager & his players. The lack of contract talks and fears for both their own and their manager's future is taking its toll - that's there for all to see . Add to this the lack of investment in this squad of honest players and what you have is a Club in crisis both on & off the pitch. At present, with due respect to Churchy, Joe P & Marvin , and without the influential Beast , we have NO-ONE that looks likely to score. Where is our next goal coming from ? If cash had been made available to keep Ric Fuller and/or Obika , then it might be a different story . Pressure would be taken off a decent defence and a clean sheet would look more likely. Too many ifs though.

Anyone know Patrick's number ?

• Options
    Literally just got home. We were/are absolute horse shit. If we win on Tuesday I will eat my hat.
  • Options
    Where did this rumour of a meeting come from Fanny?
  • Options

Why is this relevant, Large ?

Can 't you just accept that it appears to have taken place ?

• Options

RedPanda said:

Urrrgh. After seeing us win there last season I avoided this like the plague. Instead saw PSG 2-0 Toulouse, it only cost erm, double what Burnley would have. People whinging about a misplaced pass to Ibrahimovic or whatever, they don't know how lucky they are.

what was it like? I hate everything about PSG, the ultimate plastic club founded only in 1972.

This should really be on another thread but I'd like to point out that it was 1971, and it wasn't a foundation but an amalgamation of 2 existing clubs, one of whom was a club with a great history (by French standards).
  • Options

Why is this relevant, Large ?

Can 't you just accept that it appears to have taken place ?

Dont be silly, this will turn into a "name your sauce or shut up" thread like normal if you dont!
  • Options
    Saga Lout said:

Am I wrong in thinking we were the better team before their first goal? It's not all bad.

Yes mate, you are wrong.

• Options
    I do not know about being the better team!
    Just seen the bbc championship review of the game and they did mention a single CAFC player's name in the entire report?
    Is that a first?
  • Options
    We are bad and I'm starting to wonder whether all the man love for CP is doing us any good. If it was any other manager we'd probably all be clamoring for his head by now. I must admit I can't see the wood for the trees but I'm starting to wonder. I love Chris but I just don't know anymore. What concerns me are the performances. If we were playing well but losing it wouldn't be so concerning but the quality of football we are dishing up now is atrocious. People will start leaving the Valley in droves if this continues as there's only so much people will take. Something needs to happen pretty quickly.