Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton terrace legends. Where are they now ?

Comments

• Options
    Give me a CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC give me an AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA Mr Sean Caseys song in Cupboard End.

Sean Casey a good old mate from way way back. Stopped me getting stabbed by a Pikey once a real "do ur drive for ur guv" Pikey not the Bermondsey Pikeys.

• Options
    edited October 2013
    Pelham123 said:

Sean Casey, doesn't go to games these days but I still bump into some of his old mates from the Crayford/Dartford area.

Blimey, Sean Casey. Old Crayford/St Stephens boy. Used to lead a lot of the singing at the Valley if I remember correctly in the early 1970s.

Give me a CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC give me an AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA Mr Sean Caseys song in Cupboard End.

Sean Casey a good old mate from way way back. Stopped me getting stabbed by a Pikey once a real "do ur drive for ur guv" Pikey not the Bermondsey Pikeys.

He is my ex brother-in-law and 10 years my senior he took me to quite a few away games in the late 70's and early 80's when I saw some of the 'going-ons' of the old firm in those days, he has also told me quite a few stories from that period.
  • Options

Ha Ha, I can remember him starting that on many ocassions.
  • Options
    Hi all. I am new to this board. Found it purely by chance and so glad i did. Only a few weeks ago I was thinking about all the charlton "rightside" boys from the mid 70's. So i just typed in google "Jim Jarrett charltion" which brought me to this site. Have been reading so many of the posts relating to those days. I used to go to every home and away game between 1974 and 1983 and from then less and less. Ashamed to say my last game was Doncaster at home 2009 when we lost 1-0. However, having read all the stull on this board, I really want to go to Brentford away. Adding to the list of great names on here, a few more for you.... Jim clark (he was with Jim Jarreett and all those boys), the shefton brothers, one was called Chris Larry from Swanley, Geoff and Glyn from St mary cray. Geoff used used to go with his old man in the mid seventies
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    MSE7 said:

All eyes will be on the A Block next season. Its the place where the modern day terrace legends are made...

Or some of the old guard return :-0
  • Options
    Couldn't see my Bruvs names in the Legends Dave Belton so I wanna put it up as he was a game lad him and Keith Hanson rip.
    Good memories good lads
  • Options
    Jon2461 said:

Couldn't see my Bruvs names in the Legends Dave Belton so I wanna put it up as he was a game lad him and Keith Hanson rip.
    Good memories good lads

Spot on fella
  • Options
    Ps.... Keith from Gravesend now owns the Stone Horse near Higham, spoke to him at Blackburn game, me & macca meant to be going down soon for a beer one Sunday
  • Options
    Peter Hart @CUP-TIE BILL should be mentioned in this thread .One of the legends of the 80's Selhurst Park era . He still goes and sits in the North Upper .Great memories of him particularly at Everton in the Full Members Cup.

Steve Rann a good friend of mine and another legendary supporter sadly passed away in the League One season.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    B Mob brilliant day!
  • Options

Hi all. I am new to this board. Found it purely by chance and so glad i did. Only a few weeks ago I was thinking about all the charlton "rightside" boys from the mid 70's. So i just typed in google "Jim Jarrett charltion" which brought me to this site. Have been reading so many of the posts relating to those days. I used to go to every home and away game between 1974 and 1983 and from then less and less. Ashamed to say my last game was Doncaster at home 2009 when we lost 1-0. However, having read all the stull on this board, I really want to go to Brentford away. Adding to the list of great names on here, a few more for you.... Jim clark (he was with Jim Jarreett and all those boys), the shefton brothers, one was called Chris Larry from Swanley, Geoff and Glyn from St mary cray. Geoff used used to go with his old man in the mid seventies

Respect Fella
  • Options

shirty5 said:

The Waterman Arms

markmc68 said:

The pub was the waterman arms. The woman ? Did she wear denim. Sure I saw her recently. In bartrams. She was a Charlton version of Suzi Quattro. Not.

That's it - the Waterman's Arms. And I think you've got her, markmc68 - always in denim, black boots, slim, height about five-eight or nine, feathered peroxide barnet. I see what you mean about Suzi Quatro! I bumped into her once in the 1970s, away from football - we sat on a train together from Charing Cross: she had a warm personality and was a most attractive girl. Ah, as the American writer Charles Bukowski used to lament: "Youth, sonofabitch, where did you go?"

her name was sally,she went out with Selwyn at one time,lovely person oved punk rock
  • Options
    FAO DA9
    Nice to hear about Keith from Gravesend running a pub I bet that suits him actually,I can still see the blonde Luton guy in my head at Selhurst now.
    As times have passed especially over the last few years when in hospital I often think of the times spent with Keith ,Dave ,Macca,Yourself (Da9)Lips,Kev,etc.
    Actually saw Macca & Vale at Watford away,Macca looked well but very old surrounded by the yth lol.
    He says you often go to the home games?
    Anyway ya stirred up some memories & it was a real pleasure to be in such good company.
    Hopefully share a beer soon mate say hello to Macca for me.

• Options
    Jon2461 said:

FAO DA9
    Nice to hear about Keith from Gravesend running a pub I bet that suits him actually,I can still see the blonde Luton guy in my head at Selhurst now.
    As times have passed especially over the last few years when in hospital I often think of the times spent with Keith ,Dave ,Macca,Yourself (Da9)Lips,Kev,etc.
    Actually saw Macca & Vale at Watford away,Macca looked well but very old surrounded by the yth lol.
    He says you often go to the home games?
    Anyway ya stirred up some memories & it was a real pleasure to be in such good company.
    Hopefully share a beer soon mate say hello to Macca for me.

Will do fella, hope your well, I'll be at the Huddersfield game
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    Bump no idea why or how I found this thread but a great read
  • Options
    I drove past Charlton today and really made me sad to see how many of of our old pubs have gone.
  • Options
    Tavern said:
    I drove past Charlton today and really made me sad to see how many of of our old pubs have gone.
    Ride top deck on the bus from Woolwich down the lower road and it really does bring it home 
  • Options
    Jimmy Clarke was mentioned in the thread well he was Millwall but use to go to away games with Charlton.I was in a pub in Aldershot with him .He was dressed in a line green boiler suit !! he went to the toilet, few mins later he returned to us sat down continued with his beer.We " what's happened to you ?? " looked like he had been bottled and blood every where.---- Jimmy " dyed me hair"
    He had just gone to the khaki opened a bottle of scarlet !!! Hair dye and poured it over his bounce !!! It was running down his face back ,everywhere.

Few mines later the guvnor of the pub shouts "call 999 someone's been stabbed in the gents".When it was explained to Him what had happier he threw us all out for the mess that Jimmy had made etc etc.

No doubt we have always attracted character's

• Options
    Tavern said:
    Ride top deck on the bus from Woolwich down the lower road and it really does bring it home 
    Remember them well
    Especially the ones that had strippers
    Which to be fair was most of them
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The good old days, loved catching up on this thread again. 
  • Options
    Mick walker who founded valley Away (before the club distanced it self from it) who moved to the midlands i think i was told he died a few years ago
    Very much alive, lives down on south coast now. Was around still March 2023
  • Options
    Does anyone remember in the premier league days the lad with absolute bucket hands? Never heard a man clap as loudly. Used to sit in the first few rows of the East Stand, right near the corner with the family stand.
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    Happy Clapper (as we called him). 

Reappeared briefly there with his dad a few years ago but not been seen there since 
  • Options
    Mick walker who founded valley Away (before the club distanced it self from it) who moved to the midlands i think i was told he died a few years ago
    Had a beer with Mick abt 10mins ago - lives in St Leonards - attends a few games a season - not been to well recently but just been given the all clear. 
  • Options
    Had a beer with Mick abt 10mins ago - lives in St Leonards - attends a few games a season - not been to well recently but just been given the all clear. 
    Send my regards to him when you see him again
  • Options
    I saw Keith Giles mentioned on an earlier post.

I think I mentioned on here before, but he was my first ever football coach. Villacourt Rovers U8's - we trained at De Lucy primary school in Abbey Wood. 

I saw him a few years later in action against Southampton at London Bridge. 
  • Options
    markmc68 said:
    What was the story behind the fat oxford boy? First bumped into him in oxford when walking along the high street and all of a sudden this ginger bloke walked across the road and said boys I'm Charlton. I'm trying to get a firm of Charlton together. He pointed to a pub and said everyone is in there. Went in and sure enough there was Charlton everywhere. Walked to the ground via the high street and the looting began. A new state of the art Sony Walkman from currys was going back to London with me. That Jason stallon was a proper tea leaf. The year after one of the twins mates lost an eye outside the culture vulture pub when a nasty firm of locals all tooled up met head on after oxford boy had arranged a meet. At the time and after I still believed he was well in with their chaps. What about blonde Danny the boxer. What happened to him ? Those were the days.
    Vaguely remember a ginger haired lad from Oxford seem to remember him tagging along with us on a few occasions would of been early 80's. 
  • Options
    Sean Casey, doesn't go to games these days but I still bump into some of his old mates from the Crayford/Dartford area.
    He is going regularly now.