Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton terrace legends. Where are they now ?

Comments

• Options
    edited August 2023
    Hi @paulbaconsarnie the bloke who was named turncoat Tom was a old mate of mine his name was Tommy reed and he lived at the bottom of Eltham hill not far from the Yorkshire grey.why he started to support millwall is still a mystery to me, haven’t seen tom for at least 40 years.I believe he’ll be 70 this month.
  • Options
    Davo53 said:
    Hi @paulbaconsarnie the bloke who was named turncoat Tom was a old mate of mine his name was Tommy reed and he lived at the bottom of Eltham hill not far from the Yorkshire grey.why he started to support millwall is still a mystery to me, haven’t seen tom for at least 40 years.I believe he’ll be 70 this month.
    That’s him.
    He worked with my other half for a few years on the post and left around five years ago. A very young 70 and kept his hand in on building sites for a while but not sure if he’s still doing that.
    See him only a couple of weeks ago in the old Chequers.
  • Options
    Tom ‘the head’ as Captain used to call him. Davo55 
    I used to play in the same Sunday side as Tom. He told me he went over to Millwall as it was more fun at away games. How’s Johnny.
  • Options
    Acab said:
    Tom ‘the head’ as Captain used to call him. Davo55 
    I used to play in the same Sunday side as Tom. He told me he went over to Millwall as it was more fun at away games. How’s Johnny.
    Johnny is @Davo53 who posted the comment Steve. He's doing ok for an old git. Comes on here now and then to share his wisdom with us  :smile:
  • Options
    Davo53 said:
    Paraphrasing here … TR once told me, probably about 40 years ago,  that he was fed up going away with Charlton where there’d only be 20 or 30 going toe to toe with the opposing fans. Whereas when he started going away with Millwall, there’d be 200 or 300. As Acab said, more fun for him 
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    Read on a previous thread about the away game at Watford I think it was 79-80 season we lost 2-1 and then 'bumped' into Arsenal at Euston (waiting for Spurs we assumed who were at Coventry that day) anyone recall that occasion?
    Remember coming back (possibly from Watford but earlier maybe early/mid 70s ) & running into tottenham, there were a few scuffles until they realised we were Charlton & not man city who they'd been playing that day. At the time there was a bit of a tie in between us, a lot came to a testimonial game (could have been for Brian Kinsey) when we played Chelsea. Chelsea got battered that night. I think a few of the Spurs lot were from Lewisham & knew some Charlton & so came to some of our games.
  • Options
    DA9 said:
    Read on a previous thread about the away game at Watford I think it was 79-80 season we lost 2-1 and then 'bumped' into Arsenal at Euston (waiting for Spurs we assumed who were at Coventry that day) anyone recall that occasion?
    Remember coming back (possibly from Watford but earlier maybe early/mid 70s ) & running into tottenham, there were a few scuffles until they realised we were Charlton & not man city who they'd been playing that day. At the time there was a bit of a tie in between us, a lot came to a testimonial game (could have been for Brian Kinsey) when we played Chelsea. Chelsea got battered that night. I think a few of the Spurs lot were from Lewisham & knew some Charlton & so came to some of our games.
    Few spurs got a dig at the great Harry in Woolwich last week before the Aberdeen game, for those that don’t know they have a hooligan link, allegedly big bad brave Dante melted afterwards 
    Where did you hear this ? 
  • Options
    Wellred said:
    DA9 said:
    Few spurs got a dig at the great Harry in Woolwich last week before the Aberdeen game, for those that don’t know they have a hooligan link, allegedly big bad brave Dante melted afterwards 
    Must of been on here somebody mentioned spurs had been in woolwich but didn't come to the game but no other details.
  • Options
    Wellred said:
    DA9 said:
    Must of been on here somebody mentioned spurs had been in woolwich but didn't come to the game but no other details.
    OK cheers 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Wellred said:
    DA9 said:
    Not sure about the Dante part as he claims different but it defo went off in woolwich and some spurs took a slap.
  • Options
    Yann897 said:
    Wellred said:
    DA9 said:
    Not sure about the Dante part as he claims different but it defo went off in woolwich and some spurs took a slap.
    Good I hate them bullying c#nts give it the big one when they outnumber other mobs
     but when they face someone who's up for it they soon back down 
  • Options
    DA9DA9
    edited August 2023
    Wellred said:
    DA9 said:
    Someone told me about it last week, somebody else showed me a video yesterday and gave me more details, allegedly a mobile was called later and Dante declined to meet 
  • Options
    DA9 said:
    Wellred said:
    DA9 said:
    Someone told me about it last week, somebody else showed me a video yesterday and gave me more details, allegedly a mobile was called later and Dante declined to meet 
    So how many of them was there ?
  • Options
    I thought Aberdeen had a tie in with Spurs? 
  • Options
    TEL said:
    They definitely have its a wonder the Spurs lot wasn't with them before the game 
  • Options
    Wellred said:
    TEL said:
    They definitely have its a wonder the Spurs lot wasn't with them before the game 
    So Aberdeen had a go at Spurs? Or am I missing something here? 
  • Options
    TEL said:
    Wellred said:
    TEL said:
    Tottenham and Charlton went at it.  As DA9 said, there is a video doing the rounds.  
  • Options
    DA9 said:
    Wellred said:
    DA9 said:
    Saw the video a week ago. A couple of our old faces there as well. not incriminating though.
  • Options
    Wellred said:
    DA9 said:
    Wellred said:
    DA9 said:
    So how many of them was there ?
    Only saw 5/6 against 5/6
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    DA9 said:
    Wellred said:
    DA9 said:
    Saw the video a week ago. A couple of our old faces there as well. not incriminating though.
    Not the way the law works now. Probably best not airing this on social media.
  • Options
    Acab said:
    Superdulvertonred asked about big Kev Croydon. He sadly died back in the eighties. Mog, Gary will be in the Lib Sat with me, Big Brother. I still travel home and away with quite a few mentioned on here already e.g.. Dicky Lukes, Steve and Mick Rogers from Orpington , Welchy, Bradley, Dave Greenhill, Big Kev Hopkins, Andy Wallace, Aubrey, NO mention yet of Jimmy Jarrett. Big turnout at his funeral a few years back. And more recently THE CAPTAIN. Billy Martin Still goes.Hasnt missed a home game of any sort since Dec 69. Does anyone remember Bomber. He was a steward during prem days. Back in the 60s and 70s I used to go to many away games with Kelvin Cook, Turncoat Tom the Head who became a spanner, Chrissie Barber, Graham Ellis. The last time I saw Keithy Giles was at Derby years ago, he was a steward there.
    If it's the same person, then that is my old man!
  • Options
    1905 said:
    TEL said:
    Wellred said:
    TEL said:
    Tottenham and Charlton went at it.  As DA9 said, there is a video doing the rounds.  
    Thanks for that. 
  • Options
    cafcpolo said:
    Acab said:
    Superdulvertonred asked about big Kev Croydon. He sadly died back in the eighties. Mog, Gary will be in the Lib Sat with me, Big Brother. I still travel home and away with quite a few mentioned on here already e.g.. Dicky Lukes, Steve and Mick Rogers from Orpington , Welchy, Bradley, Dave Greenhill, Big Kev Hopkins, Andy Wallace, Aubrey, NO mention yet of Jimmy Jarrett. Big turnout at his funeral a few years back. And more recently THE CAPTAIN. Billy Martin Still goes.Hasnt missed a home game of any sort since Dec 69. Does anyone remember Bomber. He was a steward during prem days. Back in the 60s and 70s I used to go to many away games with Kelvin Cook, Turncoat Tom the Head who became a spanner, Chrissie Barber, Graham Ellis. The last time I saw Keithy Giles was at Derby years ago, he was a steward there.
    The Kelvin Cook that ACAB is referring to was a fireman. 
    So if your dad was a fireman then that's him.
  • Options
    cafcpolo said:
    Acab said:
    In that case, nope...Was a sparky.
  • Options
    cafcpolo said:
    Acab said:
    No Kelvin Pettyfer was a fireman.
    Kelvin Cook was a spark. Retired to Portugal.
  • Options
    Acab said:
    cafcpolo said:
    Acab said:
    Yeah, that's the one.
  • Options
    Acab said:
    cafcpolo said:
    Acab said:
    Kevin P 
  • Options
    Give me a CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC give me an AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA Mr Sean Caseys song in Cupboard End. Sean Casey a good old mate from way way back. Stopped me getting stabbed by a Pikey once a real "do ur drive for ur guv" Pikey not the Bermondsey Pikeys.
    Sean was in my class at St Stephen's RC school . . . Still know many lads who were at St Stephen's ( they changed the name to St Columba's ) who still go regular . .  We started travelling to many away games from 1975 and remember Jimmy Jarett and all that mob. .We always travelled by train with them . .  we were younger  15/16 year-old's . . We travelled with Paul Aplin, Steve ( Dartford ) and little Ray amongst others. .Dennis was always on the train bless him. . we still travel and will be at Peterborough on Saturday . . COYA   
  • Options
    German said:
    Give me a CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC give me an AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA Mr Sean Caseys song in Cupboard End. Sean Casey a good old mate from way way back. Stopped me getting stabbed by a Pikey once a real "do ur drive for ur guv" Pikey not the Bermondsey Pikeys.
    Sean was in my class at St Stephen's RC school . . . Still know many lads who were at St Stephen's ( they changed the name to St Columba's ) who still go regular . .  We started travelling to many away games from 1975 and remember Jimmy Jarett and all that mob. .We always travelled by train with them . .  we were younger  15/16 year-old's . . We travelled with Paul Aplin, Steve ( Dartford ) and little Ray amongst others. .Dennis was always on the train bless him. . we still travel and will be at Peterborough on Saturday . . COYA   
    I am little Ray mate. I have sent you a message