Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton terrace legends. Where are they now ?

Comments

• Options
    Dennis at Old Trafford in 1986/87 season I believe.
  • Options
    Was that the mark Stuart winning goal. That's our Denis alright. In his prime.
  • Options
    For some reason my brother and I always called Dennis and his mates "The Cynics", they didn't half like a moan.
  • Options
    markmc68 said:

Was that the mark Stuart winning goal. That's our Denis alright. In his prime.

Yep hence the smiles!

• Options
    Have we got any modern day Denis's
  • Options
    Do Kev Hopkins & Gary Taylor still go ?
  • Options
    Was Kevin Hopkins knocking around with fatties.
  • Options
    Not too sure, but was glad I was in his company at Elland Road in the play-off.
  • Options
    Dennis burped in my mate's bird's face on a train once.
  • Options
    All that mob saved our life that night.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The night when cs spray saved our lives.
  • Options
    Saw Kevin Hopkins last season. havent seen his brother Tony for a while. Went to school with their sister Sue!
  • Options
    edited October 2013

Do Kev Hopkins & Gary Taylor still go ?

Kev goes occasionally
  • Options
    Does anyone hear of or know of Kevin the tax man
  • Options
    I remember Peter Fern actually lived in Chislehurst(Barham Road) about that time.I used to go with his Dad Johhny who had been going for years think he went to the Cup final at Wembley in the 40s .Last time I saw Peter was in the Selhurst days he was living in Penge at the time and still went occasionally.
  • Options
    Simonsen said:

Dennis burped in my mate's bird's face on a train once.

But, to be fair, she was/is Palace
  • Options
    I know his son is on this forum, but to me Les Turner is a Charlton terrace legend as by sight he is surely known to everyone who goes away regularly.

Never misses a game as far as I can see and always so upbeat. Remember sitting behind him on the coach when I was steaming that we had only drawn 1-1 at Walsall two years ago. He was telling everyone what a good point it was. Fair play to a true Charlton legend
  • Options
    Anyone else that hasn't been mentioned.
  • Options
    Richard J said:

Simonsen said:

80's away fans might recall a youngish leather-clad motorbike man called Mike. He had a bit of a cropped beard but shouldn't be confused with the older leather-clad motorbike man, with grey beard. I'm sure Mike stood as a Conservative councillor somewhere.

Despite opposing political views I got on with Mike and we had some good natured political debates on away trips.

I think he stood for the GLC in 1984 in Lewisham West in a by Election as an Independent Conservative.The Tories did not put up an official candidate because they dismissed the election as a stunt so Mike put his name forward as an independent without the Party machine behind him.I have seen Mike at the Valley since we returned in 92 but can't remember a recent sighting.

Ditto. His name was Mike Moore and he polled 330 votes (Lab 10,432, Lib 4,715, NF 266 - turnout 26%).
  • Options

I know his son is on this forum, but to me Les Turner is a Charlton terrace legend as by sight he is surely known to everyone who goes away regularly.

Never misses a game as far as I can see and always so upbeat. Remember sitting behind him on the coach when I was steaming that we had only drawn 1-1 at Walsall two years ago. He was telling everyone what a good point it was. Fair play to a true Charlton legend

True - and how has this thread got this far without mention of Betty Hutchins?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Who is Betty. Fill us in.
  • Options
    Does anyone remember a long haired fella who used to get autographs. He used to go to loads of away games. Whenever the opposition would turn up out came his carrier bag full of posters for them to sign. Proper anorak that one.
  • Options
    I think he posts on here as plaaayer
  • Options
    markmc68 said:

Does anyone remember a long haired fella who used to get autographs. He used to go to loads of away games. Whenever the opposition would turn up out came his carrier bag full of posters for them to sign. Proper anorak that one.

Tommy? always needed a wee when on Lewis coaches, leading to a chorus of `Tommy wants to go a wee wee'.
  • Options
    Mick walker who founded valley Away (before the club distanced it self from it) who moved to the midlands i think i was told he died a few years ago
  • Options
    I walked passed the ground this evening and Betty Hutchins was in the community office thing opposite the shop. She was home and away on Lewis Coaches for decades. Using a stick now but still has the gab - a lovely lady. Cancer charity worker and a diehard Addick. One of the gang of girls on Lewis Coaches including little Sandra and Betty's Daughter.
  • Options
    And stewarded the coach on Saturday, still making sure all were OK, even came for a swift half pre match. Got very passionate post match when it transpired that a chap had got on the coach whilst parked "to inspect it." Can't imagine who. Totally agree with Les, his commitment is incredible, family bias, my cousin Paul Winton remains omnipresent, despite working here there and everywhere.
  • Options
    I think we have had one of these before but for the record; Kevin and Tony Hopkins, Gary Hopkins, Matt Finnegan, Kevin Croydon, Kevin McGrath, Chris Slattery, "Bulldog," Jimmy Angel, Dave Jenkins, Ray Newby, Little Kevin, Jimmy Jarred RIP, Duncan Frame RIP, Ginger Martin, Mark Ford, Jason, Johnnie the Jap, Keith Giles, Mark Pitts RIP, Steve Lyons, Tom the Head, Dave Taylor RIP, Big Don, Martin the Mod, Spanker, Spanker's brother Donald Moore, Ivan and his brother, Big Tim, Rob Elliott, Steve Martin, Bear, Hen-ry, Roy Mann, Big Ian Morris, Chris Leach, Steve Baines RIP, Ian Johnson, John Jarvis, Aggro Dad Colin RIP, Pete and Matt Manners, Paul and John Hind, Vic Sanger, The Walkers brothers, Taxi Steve, Andy Francis, Dave Brown, Mick Moroney, Brendan, Weapon, The Fullers, Mark and Ian Pittman, Martin White, Danny Stupple and his Brother, Dykey RIP, Sean the Punk and his punk bird, The Sharkeys, Mark Norris (Valley Gold this week!), John Rook, Karen, Betty Hutchins, Sandra, Rick and Mick Everitt, Steve Dixon, Headphones Norm, Old Mum and Son on Lewis Coaches, Bill Treadgold RIP, Dennis and his mob, Eddie Cecil RIP, Kevin Griffin, Ian Smith, Steve Smith (no relation), Tony Denholm, Piggsy, Little Dean, Russell and his sidekick (name escapes me, sorry), Nick Blandon, Mick Reece, The Beaton's, Tommy Hunt and family, Lee Grain, Silly Eric, The Oxford Kid, Frankie and Paul Walsh, Mark Thompson, John Hillman, Tony Potter, Dessie, all the Abbey Wood and Thamesmead boys, loads more names I have long forgotten and many more faces I will never forget.
  • Options
    Blimey, what a team! And all on one coach to Port Vale.
  • Options
    Virtually a roll call of the Port Vale coach and train! So many names springing to mind now brain is in overdrive! Ta Dave:)