Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton terrace legends. Where are they now ?

Comments

• Options
    How could I forget Rob and Andy White (St Pauli fan now)? Paul Hamley came from Middle Park and spoke of the Mercers but I think they were just before my time. I was at school with John Beaton, last heard of living in Northampton.
  • Options
    Andy Mercer still goes as does Don King.
  • Options
    Steve Tarrent. RIP. Long gone but a legend in my head at any rate.
  • Options

How could I forget Rob and Andy White (St Pauli fan now)? Paul Hamley came from Middle Park and spoke of the Mercers but I think they were just before my time. I was at school with John Beaton, last heard of living in Northampton.

I was also at school with John Beaton, same year at primary.
  • Options

And how could I have forgotten Deano Palmer.

• Options
    edited October 2013
    I know his son is on this forum, but to me Les Turner is a Charlton terrace legend as by sight he is surely known to everyone who goes away regularly.

Does Les post on here? We used to be good mates back in the Lewis coaches days
  • Options
    Cardinal dont forget Dave Thompson ---its a rumour but i think he still goes !!

sad that there are so many RIPs on that list but also amazing given the decades of shit served up that so many are still going.
  • Options

Cardinal dont forget Dave Thompson ---its a rumour but i think he still goes !!

sad that there are so many RIPs on that list but also amazing given the decades of shit served up that so many are still going.

No "P" in Thompson
  • Options
    Ha ha, Favershamaddick has me at a disadvantage!
  • Options
    Johnny Welch, Oz, Steve Bradley, Steve Rogers, Aubrey, Mick Cuthbert, Clive Collett, Dennis Fox, John Cole, Garry Spencer, Keith Bratton, Dick Lukes, could go on forever. Still reckon I'm the youngest though:)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    steve dinsdale bailey
    Pat from Plumstead ( who i think is ICF Haystacks)
    Micky Macandrews RIP
    Al the copper
    Little Ray
    Dave Jenkins
    Pat and Jen from Plumstead (thanks !!!!)
    The welling girls (many thanks!!)
    Soppy Simon
    Mick (Maggie) mcarthy
    cliffy
    Elloit
    Macca
  • Options
    Paul Hamley! Just fallen in. Hello mate - hope all well with you and yours.
  • Options

Johnny Welch, Oz, Steve Bradley, Steve Rogers, Aubrey, Mick Cuthbert, Clive Collett, Dennis Fox, John Cole, Garry Spencer, Keith Bratton, Dick Lukes, could go on forever. Still reckon I'm the youngest though:)

Splitting hairs I think.
  • Options

Paul Hamley! Just fallen in. Hello mate - hope all well with you and yours.

Took you long enough Mr T, the clues were there. I'm great, live in France now, still get to the odd game when I'm over, in touch with Vass and Mr Blakely on FB, Hannah almost 22, Sarah 17, Sadie 13 and George 7, bumped into Mark Lynes a few years back, he told me you have some wee ones. Been far too long mate.
  • Options
    Just more and more names keep coming back, amazing when you think how many great people that we've all met through a common bond over the years.
  • Options
    Any one remember KGB.Oldish bloke rode a motorbike looked like he was in the KGB.
  • Options

Took you long enough Mr T, the clues were there. I'm great, live in France now, still get to the odd game when I'm over, in touch with Vass and Mr Blakely on FB, Hannah almost 22, Sarah 17, Sadie 13 and George 7, bumped into Mark Lynes a few years back, he told me you have some wee ones. Been far too long mate.

Paul - I'll message you now..
  • Options
    Did he have a grey beard and glasses?
  • Options
    yes
  • Options
    remember one of my first away games outside London around '64 at Ipswich, following Stu Morgan and his entourage into Woolworths on the way from the station to Portman Road and hundreds of us coming out with handfull's of sweets and stuff! Great days. I could only stand in envy at their full length leather coats, Levi's and desert boots. The football special we traveled up on didn't have a bog roll or light bulb left by the time we arrived. Whenever I hear "Da Doo Ron Ron" by the Crystals I just stand and wonder where 50 frigging years have gone.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited October 2013
    Mr Morgan eh?

Hard to think of the old boy as a young tearaway. Not posting on here recently, but hopefully he's still reading and is suitably embarrased.

He's still wearing those full length coats, but looks more like an extra from Toad of Toad Hall nowadays.
  • Options

Mr Morgan eh?

Hard to think of the old boy as a young tearaway. Not posting on here recently, but hopefully he's still reading and is suitably embarrased.

He's still wearing those full length coats, but looks more like an extra from Toad of Toad Hall nowadays.

Soundasa£ if I recall correctly
  • Options
    His 60th birthday outing to Watford was one of the funniest days ever. If you are reading Stu, one word. Wendell:)
  • Options
    Superdulvertonred asked about big Kev Croydon. He sadly died back in the eighties. Mog, Gary will be in the Lib Sat with me, Big Brother. I still travel home and away with quite a few mentioned on here already e.g.. Dicky Lukes, Steve and Mick Rogers from Orpington , Welchy, Bradley, Dave Greenhill, Big Kev Hopkins, Andy Wallace, Aubrey,
    NO mention yet of Jimmy Jarrett. Big turnout at his funeral a few years back. And more recently THE CAPTAIN. Billy Martin Still goes.Hasnt missed a home game of any sort since Dec 69. Does anyone remember Bomber. He was a steward during prem days. Back in the 60s and 70s I used to go to many away games with Kelvin Cook, Turncoat Tom the Head who became a spanner, Chrissie Barber, Graham Ellis. The last time I saw Keithy Giles was at Derby years ago, he was a steward there.
  • Options
    Paul Green, who was mentioned in an earlier post, has not been too well in recent years. I am in touch with him. Anyone who wants to say hello to Paul please PM me. Thanks.
  • Options

His 60th birthday outing to Watford was one of the funniest days ever. If you are reading Stu, one word. Wendell:)

His 'performance' in the Hotel at Lytham after the Blackpool game last season had me in hysterics.

• Options
    Rock Spectacle said:

His 'performance' in the Hotel at Lytham after the Blackpool game last season had me in hysteric

please tell us more
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Plenty of stories from our promotion season.

Some dive of a B&B in Chesterfield - out comes a massive thermos flask and four cocktail glasses and he pours out some unknown cocktail at about 90%abv - no cherries though!

Preston away he not only got on the pitch post match for a bet, but the steward opened the gate and saluted him.
  • Options
    Hired a bus to take us to game, pub in Herts on the way. Picked up end of Floyd Road, Mick G looking panic struck and chomping on a ciggie, he had only got on at the Standard. Wendell the driver did not inspire confidence when he pulled into the garage on the lower road then went in front of the queue and reversed into a pump. Took the wrong exit off the M1, ended up in Hemel Hempstead, got us to pub then ground 2 hours later than planned and parked by hospital. Said he would be there after game, wasn't, found him half a mile down the road parked and asleep. To cut a long story short, he got us lost on the way back, lovely tour of Londn, got in the Cons at 11, poor Stu had to mediate before losing the plot with Wendell himself!
  • Options
    edited October 2013

Paul Green, who was mentioned in an earlier post, has not been too well in recent years. I am in touch with him. Anyone who wants to say hello to Paul please PM me. Thanks.

Me and Paul invented Punk in 1969.