Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton terrace legends. Where are they now ?

Comments

• Options
    Some memories in the names in this thread. Happy days.
  • Options

What ever happened to the really tall bloke. Must have been 6.7, big fat dopey f**ker. Fancied himself as a goalkeeper.

Lummox Dave you mean, he doesn't go much now, think he follows the nigels after they got promoted last season.
  • Options
    Fruit and veg Steve I remember well, plus his brother squadie John.
  • Options
    What about them two old rascals that have been going for years... Gerry and Terry? Double act
  • Options
    DA9DA9
    edited October 2013
    Curb_It said:

this will be interesting.

Only if he reads it :-)

steve dinsdale bailey
    Pat from Plumstead ( who i think is ICF Haystacks)
    Micky Macandrews RIP
    Al the copper
    Little Ray
    Dave Jenkins
    Pat and Jen from Plumstead (thanks !!!!)
    The welling girls (many thanks!!)
    Soppy Simon
    Mick (Maggie) mcarthy
    cliffy
    Elloit
    Macca

:-)

I'll forgive the spelling

• Options
    Love this thread, if only that I get mentioned twice.

Serious note though, some great memories and some great people over the years mentioned, many I have had the pleasure of drinking with, travelling up & down the country with, getting into scrapes with and starting scrapes with, some I never knew personally, but knew the legends about them, but all in the name of our beloved Charlton Athletic.
  • Options
    Not forgetting Big Tom the con club doorman, as far as I have been told, the only Cat C fan Charlton have (or had)
  • Options
    DA9 said:

Love this thread, if only that I get mentioned twice.

Serious note though, some great memories and some great people over the years mentioned, many I have had the pleasure of drinking with, travelling up & down the country with, getting into scrapes with and starting scrapes with, some I never knew personally, but knew the legends about them, but all in the name of our beloved Charlton Athletic.

Agreed, probably some of the most exciting times of my life.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    mate you should be a Cat C for some of the gear you wear !

The thing is looking at those names its surprising how many are still going, and enforces the fact its the people you meet on lifes journey thats the most important thing not the glory ---jesus thats been in short supply ---something the glory hunters can never understand.

I did set un a reunion a good few years ago. Took over a pub , loads of grub and music but it was the sametime as Maze Hill with plod reading message boards, mobile phones etc .Never managed to get the word out--cost me a packet and wasnt big on take up. Been suggested above that to have another pop at it, the time may well be right,so step forward an organiser !
  • Options

mate you should be a Cat C for some of the gear you wear !

The thing is looking at those names its surprising how many are still going, and enforces the fact its the people you meet on lifes journey thats the most important thing not the glory ---jesus thats been in short supply ---something the glory hunters van never understand.

I did set un a reunion a good few years ago. Took over a pub , loads of grub and music but it was the sametime as Maze Hill with plod reading message boards, mobile phones etc .Never managed to get the word out--cost me a packet and wasnt big on take up. Been suggested above that to have another pop at it, the time may well be right,so step forward an organiser !

I think I look sharp :-)

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    DA9 said:

Not forgetting Big Tom the con club doorman, as far as I have been told, the only Cat C fan Charlton have (or had)

Think someone said Tom "the Head" earlier in the thread I assume that was him.

• Options
    edited October 2013
    no Tom the Head is now a spanner. DA9 means Tom the doorman.
  • Options
    wot about the peeps that have been with us in some tight old spots over the years ?
    Vince and the lads from Dundee (down last weekend).Port Vale Neil, Bob the Mod and Para Dave (Leeds), Sean the Cockney Red,some WHU Herbert already mentioned !
  • Options
    Port Vale (man city) Neil, now there is a blast from the past. Another one, Seamus?
  • Options
    name dropping time... Little Ed, Gary "the kraken" Hirst, Bevan the Bear, The Phin'Bros', Jay the hat, Selwyn's son Jaryd, Russell, Tall Lee, ABH Atkins, Kitto, Cato, Ben Boylett, D Clay, D Clarke, Jewish, Skinhead Paul, Jake, J Stapley, Maidstone Alex, Joe G, Tester, Fairy, J Brown, J Bovey, Tom Norcot'icts', S Fowle, Byrne Brothers, Ross P, Pie, Millwall Mark, Will the strongman, Maddison, T. Porter, Lado, J Wilkes, Hargreves, Young wingnut, J Taylor and Chavy Dave!!

Choppa, Bill G, Big bird, Carpenter all not mention yet

Girls - Lianne, Jodie, Sophie, Mouth of the South, Jade, Jess
  • Options
    Addickted said:

Yippee I Ay was started at Forest under that floodlight in the corner. Pissing it down if I remember.

everyone seemed to have learned it by OT - that and 'Atkinson Out'

It was definitely at Forest because we stole it from their song that they played over the tannoy. It's from the Robin Hood song. We all thought it was ridiculous and took the piss out of it but it then caught on. I remember this clearly as it was my second Charlton away game (after Gillingham a year or two earlier).

And I'm quite sure that it wasn't raining.
  • Options
    maidstone Matt, Old boy Kev and his boys
  • Options
    Ollie
  • Options
    So se9. As you got one more mention than myself does that mean you are sorting out the old boys reunion lol
  • Options
    There's been a fair few turnouts by both older and younger the last couple of years. New Cross and Penge in particular :-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The way we are going our local derby will be gillingham.
  • Options
    The Malteese guy with the beret was Paul Pace, who now lives back in Malta and so does gerry and my old man Dave Filmer who used go with them often also has a place in Malta too, they were always after the comp tickets back in the day with Paul Clayton and the old guy called wally who died on the terraces at Sunderland good bless his soul.
  • Options
    Seem to remember a load going to Gillingham the last time, was a bit of an older get together. There's a picture knocking around on the casual state of mind page on FB. Think the pub was the Farmhouse?
  • Options

Seem to remember a load going to Gillingham the last time, was a bit of an older get together. There's a picture knocking around on the casual state of mind page on FB. Think the pub was the Farmhouse?

It was the Britton Farmhouse, closed now, my mate was running it at the time, in fact me & Port Vale Neil went behind the jump to help serve as it was rammed in there.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    The leader lives !

Just spoken to Dennis,this thread reminded me how long it had been since I had been in touch and I can report he is alive and well.

Indeed I was lucky to catch him at home ,on the Seb thread I mentioned that he needed to look after his elderly mother. Unfortunately she had a fall a couple of years ago which has meant he can't leave her alone for too long which is why he has not been to a game in recent years.

I will try and get him back to his rightful place in the North Upper before the end of the season.

• Options
    DA9 a few others don't think are mentioned yet Keith H, Mark Lips, Steve S, Big Tom, Keith from Gravesend, Big Kev, John, Matty T(Gooner), sluggy, BB and Schoolboy as mentioned. Had some fun and games with these boys over the years. Sadly some no longer with us. Got in and out of some tight scrapes as I recall, I've had the pleasure to have stood side by side with loads mentioned and many more who haven't. Wouldn't have missed it for all the tea in china
  • Options
    DA9 said:

It was the Britton Farmhouse, closed now, my mate was running it at the time, in fact me & Port Vale Neil went behind the jump to help serve as it was rammed in there.
    Yes i remember it well you overchagred me im sure!!!!, made sure i got Neil to serve after that.

• Options
    71mm said:

DA9 a few others don't think are mentioned yet Keith H, Mark Lips, Steve S, Big Tom, Keith from Gravesend, Big Kev, John, Matty T(Gooner), sluggy, BB and Schoolboy as mentioned. Had some fun and games with these boys over the years. Sadly some no longer with us. Got in and out of some tight scrapes as I recall, I've had the pleasure to have stood side by side with loads mentioned and many more who haven't. Wouldn't have missed it for all the tea in china

Some cracking names there, RIP Keith H, Lips lives in Greece now, not seen Keith from Gravesend in years, saw John & Kev at Dartford Festival, Kev worked for Neville from the Specials backstage.
    Steve S lives in Gravesend, see him now & then, as for the gooner....well, lol.
  • Options

DA9 said:

Yes i remember it well you overchagred me im sure!!!!, made sure i got Neil to serve after that.

Would I do that to you fella?

Yes
  • Options
    Gary Swan.
    Short, Mediterranean looking ?
    Got a couple of sisters, one was a real cracker.