Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton terrace legends. Where are they now ?

Comments

• Options
    No big fat fucker
  • Options
    Loads of great names past & present mentioned.. So who are the the respected lads of today then?
  • Options

No big fat fucker

Lol!
  • Options
    Gary swan the least meditetranean bloke i have ever known. He will have a laugh when i tell him that.for those of you that havent seen him for a while was working on the railway club in slade green for a while now lorry driving i think .will tell him he has had a few mentions when i see him.had some good days on the lash with gary.
  • Options
    B mob and fatties combination 80s and 90s. QPR at sell out park. Who remembers that ?
  • Options

Gary swan the least meditetranean bloke i have ever known. He will have a laugh when i tell him that.for those of you that havent seen him for a while was working on the railway club in slade green for a while now lorry driving i think .will tell him he has had a few mentions when i see him.had some good days on the lash with gary.

Different Gary Swann then, used to go to school with a Gary Swan who was addick.
  • Options
    Curb_It said:

What about them two old rascals that have been going for years... Gerry and Terry? Double act

Oi B...less of the old, if you don't mind! ;-)

I knew I could rely on you E to get those names I've missed - Benny, Lofty, Chris Cook, Everton Ron and Paul Harvey! Can't believe I forgot Keith and Ian either. Now reminded I've forgotten little ginger Dave.

Everton Ron, used play football with him and his brother. Now living in Melbourne. He was over last year and came to a game.

Come to think about it, Everton Ron went to more games than his Charlton brother Bill.
    G - I thought Ronnie was back now. That bit of elastic, where he went to Oz, came back and repeated several times, broke I think. And yes, he was definitely at more Charlton games than Bill.

Paul Harvey is still about. Saw him a little while ago outside The Whody as I was driving past and he was at a couple of games last year.
  • Options
    markmc68 said:

B mob and fatties combination 80s and 90s. QPR at sell out park. Who remembers that ?

Remember chasing them down norwood high st and clearing out the DIY store on route only 14/15 at the time

tut tut

• Options
    It seems that looting was the norm in those days. The shops at Fulham and orient used to get ransacked. If the shops had an outdoor display it was common to come home with a free dustpan and brush or something similar. The sweet shops were raided en mass.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    markmc68 said:

It seems that looting was the norm in those days. The shops at Fulham and orient used to get ransacked. If the shops had an outdoor display it was common to come home with a free dustpan and brush or something similar. The sweet shops were raided en mass.

Not only sweet shops but jewellers too. Anybody remember the Holloway Road incident, not sure where we were all going. Probably about 67/68

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Does anybody remember QPR away when someone snatched about 50 tickets from some plastic kiosk. They got distributed amongst us all and we had a free ticket in the rangers end. Slaughtered on the pitch but a cheap night enjoyed by all.
  • Options
    think that was Steve Smith who got them, great day out that one.
  • Options
    Does anybody remember QPR away when someone snatched about 50 tickets from some plastic kiosk. They got distributed amongst us all and we had a free ticket in the rangers end. Slaughtered on the pitch but a cheap night enjoyed by all.
  • Options
    Was that the same day of the smoke granade thrown at us at White city tube?
  • Options
    Some brilliant old tales and some great memories of our trips watching charlton.great thread bringing back some funny memories.
  • Options
    To me the time over palace when we played qpr,was funniest sight ever.we chasing 1lot with another mob chasing us.we all turn round and i s pulls out a brush from his jacket and points at the qpr chasing us,they must of thought he had a gun as they all turned around to run off.i s then started brushing his hair.u saved us that day m8.
  • Options
    I was at college at that time in west London and I was being wound up by a bloke I was on site with. He was a face at brentford and he was connected to all the bush faces. He was winding me up telling me what rangers wre going to do and he was winding his mates up telling them what we were going to do with them. They came over with a firm but ours was massive that day. I remember my mate telling me that the old bill were telling rangers fans to run because they hadn't seen a Charlton mob like it.
  • Options

markmc68 said:

Not only sweet shops but jewellers too. Anybody remember the Holloway Road incident, not sure where we were all going. Probably about 67/68

Arsenal FA Cup 68/69 season, jewellers, off licence, clothes stores. Leicester coach on the way to scumwall attacked. All in the North bank fighting most of the game but we stood our ground & took it to 'em. Fucking sweet shops ;-) ha ha
  • Options
    TELTEL
    edited October 2013

markmc68 said:

Arsenal FA Cup 68/69 season, jewellers, off licence, clothes stores. Leicester coach on the way to scumwall attacked. All in the North bank fighting most of the game but we stood our ground & took it to 'em. Fucking sweet shops ;-) ha ha </>

My second away game.....probably the most memorable for me.....it seemed like the whole of South London was at Highbury......I read somewhere later that we had an estimated 17,000 over there.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Before my time but I would have loved to have been at Highbury that day. Were there really 17,000 Charlton over there?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Too young really to gauge it myself......but I do recall reading it somewhere in the dim and distant. I was in the seats and spent as much time watching the fighting as the game. One of my Uncles was on the Northbank.
  • Options
    So as the song goes.
    We took the north bank highbury.
    Did we ?
  • Options
    Biggest away supports I have been at were Wolves FA Cup, Ipswich FA Cup, Liverpool League Cup, Bristol City FA Cup, Man UTD FA Cup, Wimbledon Premier League at Selhurst, Palace Div 1.
  • Options
    Well we were certainly in there.....lots of butchers coats bobbing around :-)
  • Options
    I would say Chelsea away was the best turnout. Bristol city away in the cup. Coventry away on cup was good.
  • Options
    How could I forget Chelsea? One of the very best days out!
  • Options
    There was a fair few up at Bolton in the cup. :)
  • Options
    E-cafc said:

Before my time but I would have loved to have been at Highbury that day. Were there really 17,000 Charlton over there?

Can't be sure how many, but it was a few thousand ...and we stayed in the North Bank the entire game. I was only a kid but felt pretty safe with the mob we had there.
  • Options
    markmc68 said:

So se9. As you got one more mention than myself does that mean you are sorting out the old boys reunion lol

Lol, me sorting the old boys reunion out? I am not as old you lot yet ;-)

• Options
    Think there's a few in the pipeline anyway :-)