Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton terrace legends. Where are they now ?

Comments

• Options
    Jamie Delaney, Dean Chapman, Darren New, Russell Crockford, Dan Boylett, Big Gal, Gary Swan, Danny Smith, Brenda Smith,Russ Williams, Dick (dont know his surname), Fat Rob, the rest of the new youth. Everyone I have had the pleasure of supporting Charlton with, opps nearly forgot my son Joe Barnes , and his sidekick Ollie Denham, not forgetting the youngest of our crew James Delaney.
  • Options

Jamie Delaney, Dean Chapman, Darren New, Russell Crockford, Dan Boylett, Big Gal, Gary Swan, Danny Smith, Brenda Smith,Russ Williams, Dick (dont know his surname), Fat Rob, the rest of the new youth. Everyone I have had the pleasure of supporting Charlton with, opps nearly forgot my son Joe Barnes , and his sidekick Ollie Denham, not forgetting the youngest of our crew James Delaney.

Gary swan! Was it Cambridge away when he drank about 7 pints of cider in the pub in bexleyheath, got on the coach drank more and slept through the game?
  • Options
    Yes mate me and him started in Bricklayers Arms at 10.30 on te scrumpy jack, he rang me the next morning to see how we got on. That boy could drink, remember a night game at Newcastle him and Lee Grain drank 8 pints in 40 minutes, as I collected the change from the barmaid for the first round, Lee slammed down his glass and ordered the next round.
  • Options
    Whatever happened to Fat Robbie Fowler from more recent times - does he still go?
  • Options

let me say your a terrace legend SE9

Cheers Steve ;-)
  • Options
    Oakster said:

Whatever happened to Fat Robbie Fowler from more recent times - does he still go?

saw him a few years ago on my "travels" and he said he hadn't been for a while.
  • Options

Gary swan! Was it Cambridge away when he drank about 7 pints of cider in the pub in bexleyheath, got on the coach drank more and slept through the game?
    Him and his pals were responsible for.me getting stoned out of my nut on a coach to Derby with what turned out to be a humungeous bag of communial weed. I was hallucinating so much I thought I saw Carl Leaburn chip Peter Shilton !
  • Options
    Gary Swann was eyeing my sandwiches up all the way to Grimsby. Lol how many you got mate? What's in them mate? Cheese and pickle I like them.
  • Options
    Aint seen Swanny for years, would love to meet up for a booze with him.
  • Options
    we need to do a proper one this season with as many of those still about as mentioned in this thread

doffs cap to nss
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    We had some legend coach journeys during that period. Booze, fags, drugs, dubious songs and a thousand sugar donuts.

Feel an old man saying 'different era', but a good dozen of us would have been booted off by the Dartford Tunnel these days.
  • Options
    I'm sure you was on that coach as well NSS you all had a load of beers at the back and was handing us a few cans. Always nice when you only about 14
  • Options
    Blackpool away sounds good
  • Options

I can remember Betty standing on the coach steps with her clipboard going "right, I've got eight Swanns" and in single file them all waddling on going "quack, quack"

Happy days

• Options

I can remember Betty standing on the coach steps with her clipboard going "right, I've got eight Swanns" and in single file them all waddling on going "quack, quack"

Happy days

Lol
  • Options
    Let's try and get one going then blackpool is a great call
  • Options
    E-cafc said:

That yippee i aye started at the Man Utd away game when won 1.0 in 86 and just carried on from there. Goodbye horse has always been a favourite just because the oppo fans don`t have a clue why we are singing it and it winds them up lol

I thought Yippee I Ay started at the previous midweek away game at Forest (1986) and Goodbye Horse in 1980/81 - although I can't claim any verification!
  • Options
    Forest game back in the days of Midlanders with tashes thus making them instantly identifiable. And loudly at after Amos goal
  • Options
    Yippee I Ay was started at Forest under that floodlight in the corner. Pissing it down if I remember.

everyone seemed to have learned it by OT - that and 'Atkinson Out'
  • Options
    Blackpool away me pat sharp and Moonhead are going for the weekend.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Like to add some others.

Ben Tucker and his brother Andy RIP,Loftey,Trevor,Tony,Mark and Tony the brothers,Sean Devlin,Dobsey,H,S Cousins,Keith,Ian Calland and his brother,Chris Cook,fruit and veg Steve,Eamon,Deshi,All of the old B Mob boys,Everton Ron,Paul Harvey and all the Plumstead lads,the 2 fellas that use come along with us from Bermondsey,John Webb,Mickey Stead,Tony Potter,Lee,Pat,Rick,Elliot and his mob.
  • Options
    I knew I could rely on you E to get those names I've missed - Benny, Lofty, Chris Cook, Everton Ron and Paul Harvey! Can't believe I forgot Keith and Ian either. Now reminded I've forgotten little ginger Dave.
  • Options

E-cafc said:

That yippee i aye started at the Man Utd away game when won 1.0 in 86 and just carried on from there. Goodbye horse has always been a favourite just because the oppo fans don`t have a clue why we are singing it and it winds them up lol

I thought Yippee I Ay started at the previous midweek away game at Forest (1986) and Goodbye Horse in 1980/81 - although I can't claim any verification!
    Yes I didn`t go to the Forest match that night, you`re right it did start there so I`m told.

• Options
    edited October 2013
    Some more.

Jamie Firth,Alfie,Martin Tool,The Dangerous Brothers,Dave Melaw,Big Frankie,Little Lee,Dave Flaunty,Peckham Si,Gerry,Lee from Greenwich,Peter Boon,Vince,Colin,Giles the doorman,Alan Whttington,Lee Argent.
  • Options

I knew I could rely on you E to get those names I've missed - Benny, Lofty, Chris Cook, Everton Ron and Paul Harvey! Can't believe I forgot Keith and Ian either. Now reminded I've forgotten little ginger Dave.

• Options
    Acab said:

Superdulvertonred asked about big Kev Croydon. He sadly died back in the eighties. Mog, Gary will be in the Lib Sat with me, Big Brother. I still travel home and away with quite a few mentioned on here already e.g.. Dicky Lukes, Steve and Mick Rogers from Orpington , Welchy, Bradley, Dave Greenhill, Big Kev Hopkins, Andy Wallace, Aubrey,
    NO mention yet of Jimmy Jarrett. Big turnout at his funeral a few years back. And more recently THE CAPTAIN. Billy Martin Still goes.Hasnt missed a home game of any sort since Dec 69. Does anyone remember Bomber. He was a steward during prem days. Back in the 60s and 70s I used to go to many away games with Kelvin Cook, Turncoat Tom the Head who became a spanner, Chrissie Barber, Graham Ellis. The last time I saw Keithy Giles was at Derby years ago, he was a steward there.

• Options
    And how did I forget me old mate Dave "Rocky" Cook.
  • Options
    edited October 2013

Everton Ron, used play football with him and his brother. Now living in Melbourne. He was over last year and came to a game.

Come to think about it, Everton Ron went to more games than his Charlton brother Bill.
  • Options
    What about the old days in the ship at sell out park. Up the back playing pool. Having a beer. Then that poxy walk to to the ground. Arthur Waite against palace. What a laugh.
  • Options
    Anyone seen Nicky? She's about 67, ex teacher. Sat in west Lower C Block. Rarely missed a game and went to loads of away games. Not seen her on the train for ages. Hope she is okay.