Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton terrace legends. Where are they now ?

Comments

• Options
    Chavvy Dave anyone?
  • Options
    Excellent post Dave. Unfortunately Ian Pittman's name is missing an "RIP".
  • Options
    Isn't Chavvy Dave the bloke with a flashers mac? Seen at many away games over the years consuming cans of lukewarm Fosters?
  • Options
    Oh yes that chavvy Dave fella,he's one hell of a boy he his
  • Options
    anyone remember a chap called Glynn; mid late '70's. used to get pissed at away games and go walkabout. remember at Bristol C him walking all the way round to the City end and wave his cafc flag. Somehow always got away without trouble as he laughed his way through it
  • Options
    masicat said:

Have asked this before, I remember a bloke called Peter Fern who lived in Mottingham late 60,s. Used to go to the away end and a Charlton scarf would suddenly appear in amongst a sea of blue or whoever we were playing. Fearless bloke.

I used to hang out with Peter Fern. He used to go to Edgebury school. Don't remember him being particularly hard though. Come to think of it I can't remember him being Charlton mad either. Nice enough bloke though.
  • Options
    If its the same Peter Fern it must be him As Edgebury school is just down the road from Barham Road in Chislehurst.But I remember his dad Johhny more
  • Options
    Yes, RIP Ian Pitman. How could I forget Ian Cartwright, Danny Green, The Martin brothers, Billy King, the Perfects family, Mark Sayer, Barry (became a Steward), Micky Norcott, Mick Gebbett, Steve Nelson, Paul Harley, Roy King, Les Turner, Stuart Morgan, Sid Smith and his brother...
  • Options
    Lots of old names in there cardinal. Over the past couple of seasons I've seen big smiffy, tony denham, dobbsy, nick,taxi steve Adams remember the coach to Carlisle for promotion 87 and then to Blackpool for clubbing and a year up. Those were the days. Manchester United fans on scaffolding springs to mind. Duncan soon saw to that. RiP big fella.
  • Options
    Peckham Si, Steve Cousins, Andy Loveridge. Forget Addicks Place, we need a proper Role of Honour!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Or even Roll of Honour.
  • Options
    A few more, Billy Southgate, Eamon, Bod, J. Camies, T Parsons, that long list of names has took me back 40 years! Time flies when you`re having fun eh?
  • Options
    Lots of name's that I remember there. The Martin brothers from welling I know well. Steve don't go no more but ken and BIll still go. Steve's boy David played for palace millwall derby and is now at Luton. What about old Wally who used to run the coaches with Bill.
  • Options
    Ah! Billy Southgate and Tony Parsons and John Camus. I saw Kenny leaving the East Stand on Tuesday with David Martin.
  • Options
    A few more. From Charlton lower road, Mickey Chapman, Dennis Foster. Charlton Village, Dave Mullins, Steve Kish. Eltham, the Mercers, the williams, Dave Waldron etc.
  • Options
    What was the story behind the fat oxford boy? First bumped into him in oxford when walking along the high street and all of a sudden this ginger bloke walked across the road and said boys I'm Charlton. I'm trying to get a firm of Charlton together. He pointed to a pub and said everyone is in there. Went in and sure enough there was Charlton everywhere. Walked to the ground via the high street and the looting began. A new state of the art Sony Walkman from currys was going back to London with me. That Jason stallon was a proper tea leaf. The year after one of the twins mates lost an eye outside the culture vulture pub when a nasty firm of locals all tooled up met head on after oxford boy had arranged a meet. At the time and after I still believed he was well in with their chaps.
    What about blonde Danny the boxer. What happened to him ?

Those were the days.
  • Options
    Here's a riddle for you Mark.
    Whats the connection between Hells Angels England and the covered end?
  • Options
    SE9 said:

Chavvy Dave anyone?

LOL

• Options
    markmc68 said:

Lots of old names in there cardinal. Over the past couple of seasons I've seen big smiffy, tony denham, dobbsy, nick,taxi steve Adams remember the coach to Carlisle for promotion 87 and then to Blackpool for clubbing and a year up. Those were the days. Manchester United fans on scaffolding springs to mind. Duncan soon saw to that. RiP big fella.

What a coach journey and weekend that was, remember Banana Banana night club and the man utd fans

• Options
    E-cafc said:

A few more, Billy Southgate, Eamon, Bod, J. Camies, T Parsons, that long list of names has took me back 40 years! Time flies when you`re having fun eh?

Saw Bod Saturday at the Lib charity ska night, speak to John now & then, not seen Tony for a few years, his brother is smallwall if I remember rightly.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    That Oxford chap was a wrongun remember Bristol Rovers away, stitch up
  • Options
    Go on baldy. What is it ? And you was calling me a spanner a couple of days ago lol
  • Options
    Just checking you out.

Hells Angels England were formed in Charlton and East London, they drank in the Roupell (pickwick), so did we.
    Sometimes they'd come to the covered end for some saturday afternoon drinking 'til the pub opened again at 5.30.
    The current President of HA England comes from Charlton.
  • Options

Here's a riddle for you Mark.
    Whats the connection between Hells Angels England and the covered end?

Micky? Pitman?
  • Options

That Oxford chap was a wrongun remember Bristol Rovers away, stitch up

Oxford away he did us no favours either, he set things up during the week up there and didn`t think to tell anyone about it!

• Options
    they had a house in the road opposite the oak near the nursery I think
  • Options

Pound Park Road, loads of bikes always outside.

• Options
    What happened at Bristol. I only went to twerton park.
  • Options
    DA9 said:

Pound Park Road, loads of bikes always outside.

one of theirs was working/ running in the gatehouse pub one evening when it all went a bit pete tong and some locals from up by mulgrave came in and turnt it over not sure what it was over but the poor fella got his swede opened like a can

I took a few cracks rd the head with a pool q and took a bit of a doing but stood with him until it was done we both got it pretty bad tbh, he ended up in hospital for a few days I was in and out patched up

I went back to the gatehouse to help tidy it up and find out how he was, when I got there the amount of bikers there fixing things up and asking questions was mental, I got called up to meet this fella a huge man who tahnked me for not leaving his pal , we ended up in the hospital with the guy from the pub and boozing in his side room and I woke up in that house in pound park with a hang over worse than the hiding I took, good lads those HA's I left sth London about 10 mths later but always wonder what happened to them all

• Options
    I remember little smiff really well. Wonder what he's upto. When he had a light ale inside him. Full members cup at wembley springs to mind.