Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

British Gas raising prices this winter.

Comments

• Options
    I am going to look at changing tonight but should I go for full fixed now for a long period? If they review the companies and if the price drops, the fixed price won't.

Difficult one.
  • Options
    Has anyone looked into this community switching or signed up for it? I registered some months back but was disappointed with the prices they came up with. It was more expensive than EON. I've price fixed now to 2015.
  • Options

I am going to look at changing tonight but should I go for full fixed now for a long period? If they review the companies and if the price drops, the fixed price won't.

Difficult one.

Which is why I've gone with 2015. I'll only pay £2,73p a month more and have changed from EON to EDF.

• Options

Difficult one.

I did this one :-

Hello. Thanks for choosing ScottishPower and our Online Fixed Price Energy March 2015 Offer.

2017 offers were much more expensive now, although may be cheaper between 2015-2017.
  • Options
    Cheers for your help Covered End, just switched to that one and saved an estimated £361 a year.
  • Options
    Didn't get round to, wanted to confirm some details with BG but there was a 25 minute wait on the phone. Busy chaps.
  • Options
    Curb_It said:

Well done Kimbo. By the way how did you get on with your hip op?

12 days post op and still in some pain and tired but otherwise great, can hardly see the scar which is amazing. Walking a little extra each day.

• Options
    Went to u switch online last night , looked at how much i paid on gas and electric for the last year , worked out i'd be 17% better off with fixed prices until March 2015 by going onto Direct Debit , thank you for the advice , saved an estimated £495 , well worth doing if your incomes not going up significantly.
  • Options
    Everyone should get in quick. The biggest savings at the moment are transferring to those who have not yet put their prices up in this cycle. Anyone putting it off for 2 weeks may miss the boat on the biggest savings
  • Options
    Where should i look then to change?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    u switch is good b
  • Options

Cheers for your help Covered End, just switched to that one and saved an estimated £361 a year.

Well done.
  • Options
    Switched at the weekend too - thanks guys.

Looking at £180 saving but fixed until March 2015. My existing lot have put prices up by 9% from next month.

Only EDF and E.On left to announce price rises now out of the Big Six.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Curb_It said:

Where should i look then to change?

Go on uswitch, put in your details and it lists your options, just like for car insurance or home insurance etc.

I switched to a Scottish Power fixed deal until March 2015, because it appears best to me.

You could choose a fixed option until 2017, but you would be paying more now not less & how do we know for certain that prices will rise between 2015 & 2017 ?

If there is some intervention, they may not or may only rise a bit.

However, don't switch to a variable deal, as that can go up anytime. If you're gonna switch, choose a fixed deal.

# Just my opinion, blah blah blah, I take no resposibility etc etc #
  • Options
    Addickted said:

Switched at the weekend too - thanks guys.

Looking at £180 saving but fixed until March 2015. My existing lot have put prices up by 9% from next month.

Only EDF and E.On left to announce price rises now out of the Big Six.

Get in quick folks if you intend to swap to a fixed price tariff - these two haven't gone up yet!
  • Options

....... in the hopes that the thick electorate is fooled.

Remember this, folks.

• Options
    Fab thread. Also switched to First Utility and saving just £124 per year but pleased I will not get stitched up for 18 months or so.
    Tried to follow the Len and Henry jousting but lost the plot. Where is Tutt-Tutt with his post match analysis to explain what was going on?
  • Options

Fab thread. Also switched to First Utility and saving just £124 per year but pleased I will not get stitched up for 18 months or so.
    Tried to follow the Len and Henry jousting but lost the plot. Where is Tutt-Tutt with his post match analysis to explain what was going on?

It's quite simple really, Hitler from beyond the grave has fooled the greens & Stephen Dawkins into building loads of wind turbines all over the UK. The forthcoming hurricane will create sufficient propulsion from these propellers to lift the UK en masse and fly it several hundred miles eastward before plonking our land mass down squarely in Bavaria & thus in a roundabout way & 73 years behind schedule Operation Sea Lion is complete...
  • Options
    For anybody interested the way I did it was to go on moneysupermarket.com, work out the cheapest. Then go to that power companies website and do the deal direct. I did this as i'm not sure if there would be a time delay if you did through a comparison site as you haven't got a contract at that point. If the power company puts up its price next day, you may lose out (not sure but didn't want to take the risk)
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Just switched Gas only from British Gas to nPower - saving approximately £400. Fixed until April 2015. Shocked.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    This thread has really taken a turn for the worse since everyone started talking about gas prices.
  • Options
    Stig said:

This thread has really taken a turn for the worse since everyone started talking about gas prices.

Every cloud has a silver lining Stig , i'm sure Henry is watching this thread like a hawk hoping that people switching are saving themselves a bundle , and will be more forthcoming in his online auctions! :-0

• Options
    Perhaps Looy and AFKA could put in a link to u-switch and cream off a percentage ;-)
  • Options
    I think it's all a crafty way to eradicate us awful old wrinklies. So switch to British Gas - Freezing pensioners, not prices
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Presumably the Nazi Green Party are going to give us cheaper energy by using old people for fuel having euthanased them by sabotaging the care quality commission?
    I'll vote for that.
  • Options
    ...for the next 13 years.
  • Options

Presumably the Nazi Green Party are going to give us cheaper energy by using old people for fuel having euthanased them by sabotaging the care quality commission?
    I'll vote for that.

....they'll be using them to make Soylent Green...............hmm, an interesting choice of name that.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    ...yum...