Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Revolution by Russell Brand

Comments

• Options
    Oh yeah communism is a great idea Russell. I remember my East German friends raving about it
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    What a c.......
  • Options
    Sorry, only Brand and Farage do this to me.
  • Options
    adsads
    edited October 2014
    masicat said:

What a C.......

Wrong forum
  • Options
    ads said:

masicat said:

What a CUNT.......

Wrong forum
    No, right forum, wrong thread.
  • Options
    Love this... Made to look like an absolute moron
  • Options
    Chunes said:

what a laugh to see all the NON-PC brigade getting their knickers in a twist over little Russel's belief in equality and togetherness hahaha bloody CONservative daily mailistas go back to top gear your prannies before I burn you all on blackheath

Don't think people on here are slating Brand on grounds of PC-ness (given we're talking about a man whose hobbies include leaving abusive messages on pensioners' voicemails), I think it's more on the grounds of him being a prize turnip.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Messiah on speed! But if he succeeds in engaging people to play an active role in their local politics then that's OK with me as long as I don't have to watch or hear him. I love Nick Cohens description of him as a barmy Beverley Hills Buddhist!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Hey, Lincs, don't hold back, tell us what you really think!

Definitely the least funny person making a living out of comedy that I have ever had the misfortune to listen to. I'm including Ricky Gervais and Miranda Hart in this.

What worse than his Mum, Jo? ;-)
  • Options

Messiah on speed! But if he succeeds in engaging people to play an active role in their local politics then that's OK with me as long as I don't have to watch or hear him. I love Nick Cohens description of him as a barmy Beverley Hills Buddhist!

Yeah agree with this. Flawed but he at least creates debate and that's no bad thing.
  • Options
    Fiiish said:

Chunes said:

what a laugh to see all the NON-PC brigade getting their knickers in a twist over little Russel's belief in equality and togetherness hahaha bloody CONservative daily mailistas go back to top gear your prannies before I burn you all on blackheath

Don't think people on here are slating Brand on grounds of PC-ness (given we're talking about a man whose hobbies include leaving abusive messages on pensioners' voicemails), I think it's more on the grounds of him being a prize turnip.
    A hobby? I don't think you can consider something someone has done once as a hobby. An activity done regularly in one’s leisure time for pleasure. You don't still think that he is calling up Andrew Sachs do you?
  • Options
    It's as if Brand, because he spent so many years in a stupor off his head on drugs, has only just woken up and noticed that we don't have a perfect world.

Despite what we think about most politicians, many do want to make a difference. The All-Party Parliamentary Group on Wellbeing Economics has come up with some interesting ideas that deserve some political support that someone like Brand would be far better promoting. Only if there is political engagement behind a credible alternative system will things change for the better, telling us not to vote is criminal. The report is being publicised by the NEF think tank.

http://www.neweconomics.org/blog/entry/taking-wellbeing-into-the-mainstream

• Options
    Brand can be funny and I like his take on life but he might do well to do some basic reading on economics while on this new venture. He wears his ignorance of how governments tax and spend as a badge of honour when he could do a lot more good with his obvious talents to amplify the voices of ordinary people to assist rapid reform not revolution.
    We have a sick system where half the MPs get a slap on the wrist for claiming thousands in expenses while people who shoplift basic food get time.
    The majority partner in the coalition is actively stating that the working poor will have their benefits frozen "to address the deficit" while at the same time corporation tax cuts and inheritance tax cuts for the rich are introduced.
    I saw Brand on newsnight and it was car crash stuff... But he's a smart cookie and I'm sure he will learn on his journey.
    And he adds a wildcard element to next year's election which is already complex due to Farage and UKIP eating the Tory vote.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Someone mentioned his public school education. I know the school Brand went to and also have friends that were there with him.
    I can assure you it was no public school.
    His arguments, although well worded, are very thin and he will quickly move from the intellectual to the piss taking twat he really is when someone finds one of the many holes lurking within them.
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Bless him. I had to turn the radio off yesterday as he was part of a group of guests discussing popular involvement in politics and the extent to which our political system did or did not empower people. There was a good level of discussion, until RB began to talk. His contribution seemed to be to belligerently interrupt the other guests (who were not the usual point-scoring axe-grinding bullshitters we generally get in discussions about politics) and the interviewer whilst clearly not understanding what they were saying, and making long improvised speeches about how "we" want revolution. He reminded me of me. Aged 14. Another example of

The best lack all conviction, while the worst
    Are full of passionate intensity.
  • Options

Brand was on Radio 4, Start the Week today .. why does the BBC give this spoilt, childish buffoon so much air time? .. perhaps the dickhead public school educated, divorced from reality programmers/managers think that Brand is street cred and down with the kids, instead of recognising him as the horrible little ponce that he really is.

Nice...Ponce.... Hmm interesting choice of words.
  • Options
    Fiiish said:

Ha ha ha!

Quoting fallout New Vegas!
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Brand was on Radio 4, Start the Week today .. why does the BBC give this spoilt, childish buffoon so much air time? .. perhaps the dickhead public school educated, divorced from reality programmers/managers think that Brand is street cred and down with the kids, instead of recognising him as the horrible little ponce that he really is.

I believe he attended public school himself and has a solid middle class background - although his parents did separate and he had some traumatic episodes to deal with.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Someone mentioned his public school education. I know the school Brand went to and also have friends that were there with him.
    His arguments, although well worded, are very thin and he will quickly move from the intellectual to the piss taking twat he really is when someone finds one of the many holes lurking within them.

italia conti is a private school.
    http://www.italiaconti.com/fees.html

pretty pricey for somewhere that's "no public school"
  • Options

Dazzler21 said:

I believe he attended public school himself and has a solid middle class background - although his parents did separate and he had some traumatic episodes to deal with.
    If that is so it does not excuse him from holding himself out to be a comedian and being entirely mirth-free. You'd get more laughs from an evening with (insert any name) than you would with Russy - wussy. I suppose you don't have to tell jokes to be recognised as a comedian but surely you do have to generate a modicum of laughter. A smile even? Un-funniest person in the country (just my opinion).
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    I thought behind all his bravado he raised some interesting points. I think maybe he's just a little to 'different' for some people on here
  • Options
    edited October 2014

Dazzler21 said:

If that is so it does not excuse him from holding himself out to be a comedian and being entirely mirth-free. You'd get more laughs from an evening with (insert any name) than you would with Russy - wussy. I suppose you don't have to tell jokes to be recognised as a comedian but surely you do have to generate a modicum of laughter. A smile even? Un-funniest person in the country (just my opinion).
    Christ, I wasn't suggesting that having attended public school is some sort of recommendation! Fucker gives me the pip.
  • Options
    I see RB in Farnham occasionally where his dad lives. His father, who abandoned him at 6 months, is just as gobby and makes sure everyone knows who he is, check this out if you want proof of the influence of genes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ay4EZTOUPCg
  • Options

I thought behind all his bravado he raised some interesting points. I think maybe he's just a little to 'different' for some people on here

which are the same points the politicians he claims to have nothing in common with have been saying for years. The man has insatiable lust. Which has manifested itself in drugs, sex, fame throughout his life and now some kind of political messiah.
  • Options
    He's a celebrity. Doing what celebrities do. Self promotion a priority. That means using his privileged upbringing, position and wealth to voice his opinions on a national platform to which most of us do not have access and with almost unbelievable breathtaking irony claiming the status of outsider.
  • Options

italia conti is a private school.
    http://www.italiaconti.com/fees.html

pretty pricey for somewhere that's "no public school"
    If memory serves, he was only there 6 months before they booted him out!

The council estate joker who swallowed a dictionary.

• Options

I see RB in Farnham occasionally where his dad lives. His father, who abandoned him at 6 months, is just as gobby and makes sure everyone knows who he is, check this out if you want proof of the influence of genes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ay4EZTOUPCg

Hes well pissed (I assume), I dont think anyone would come across that well if they are that spannered.
  • Options
    Fiiish said:

Chunes said:

Thing about that voicemail whilst protesting Manuel got himself a gig on Cororanation Street of the back of that voicemail whilst the lady herself I believe launched a career in the Adult Entertainment industry.