Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Wigan Post-Match views 2013

Comments

• Options

I thought Sordell looked interested and hungry, its the balls into the strikers that needs to be better

D gotta tel u mate i think he looks like a man who really doesnt want to be at our club .
    Did bolton pay £4million for him from watford if so watford must be pissing themselves.
    Maybe his head aint right or something but he doesnt look like a £ 4 million playet to me.
  • Options
    boogica said:

I thought Sordell looked interested and hungry, its the balls into the strikers that needs to be better

D gotta tel u mate i think he looks like a man who really doesnt want to be at our club .
    Did bolton pay £4million for him from watford if so watford must be pissing themselves.
    Maybe his head aint right or something but he doesnt look like a £ 4 million playet to me.
    If he was a £4M player he'd still be there wouldn't he ...
    He's barely worth £500K but hey, that's why we managed to sign him !!
  • Options
    Who signed him though, CP or TJ?
  • Options
    doubt CP has signed anyone since BWP :)
  • Options
    When I saw Kermongant punching his fist on the deck in frustration when he went down, I knew it was the ankle.
  • Options

boogica said:

I said did they pay £4 million for him ? If so they must be mad .
    Anyway dont think he is enjoying being here.
  • Options
    this side doesn't have the look of a relegation team ...they all play for eachother and there is visibly good spirit ...good performances yesterday from centre backs wiggins ,stevens and in parts stewart and Wilson ....we offered nothing up front though and realistically if we don't kermy back we will be in and around the drop zone all season ...but I don't think we will go down

arguably the squad the pardew assembled which went down had a lot more quality than this but lacked spirit ,leadership and purpose ...we have that and come next May that will be the difference
  • Options
    boogica said:

boogica said:

Was sure I saw that he was homesick (for London) so you would have thought he'd knuckle down once he came to us.
  • Options
    edited October 2013

Yann was done after 5mins. No idea why he stayed on as long as he did.

Looked solid at the back until Wood went off.

Wood was limping heavily at the end.

Big concern is we simply don't look like scoring.

Wood went off on 57, I thought we looked solid until Cousins went off on 84. Elsewhere it was suggested that Jackson should replace Sordell not Cousins, a view I have sympathy with. As mentioned on this thread, Stephens and Cousins look very good together.
  • Options

boogica said:

boogica said:

Was sure I saw that he was homesick (for London) so you would have thought he'd knuckle down once he came to us.
    Id love to see him do well like most of us but it aint happening for him , to be honest we aint exactly blessed with forward talent , just wish his body language was better.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    boogica said:

boogica said:

boogica said:

Id love to see him do well like most of us but it aint happening for him , to be honest we aint exactly blessed with forward talent , just wish his body language was better.
    Couldn't agree more.
  • Options
    Not a bad game at all I thought Stephans was MOM and hope Woods is OK as he is making the difference in the defence. Cousins lost it a bit in the second half but the lad is great.

I'll probably get slaughtered for this but Pritchard drives me nuts he for me is living proof that effort is just not everything his two misses were awful.

We need to score more otherwise, despite the real team spirit, we will struggle
  • Options
    A neutral colleague from work popped along - he enjoy the match and thought we were all over Wigan and should have won.
  • Options
    I think your wrong J , i think he is just that sort of striker , to me on sunday i was impressed with his movement and his willingness for the ball, our problem is our strikers are not in the right place to receive a ball to feed off due to the passes not coming

i reckon if he got a run of games he would show he is on the ball
  • Options
    Saga Lout said:

A neutral colleague from work popped along - he enjoy the match and thought we were all over Wigan and should have won.

We were in the first half but in the second they got back into it and created the best chances in the end. They should have scored. Happy with the point.
  • Options
    JT said:

Reading without posting

• Options

I think your wrong J , i think he is just that sort of striker , to me on sunday i was impressed with his movement and his willingness for the ball, our problem is our strikers are not in the right place to receive a ball to feed off due to the passes not coming

i reckon if he got a run of games he would show he is on the ball

D i honestly dont think he is up for it but then again i said the same about nguessan , so maybe if i start slating him he mite prove me wrong , seriously though i hope he can produce but he hasnt impressed me at all , maybe a run of games is what he needs.
  • Options
    he was in a bad place in his swede mate when he joined, right now he is from what I have heard he is back in sorts up there, he just needs a run imo
  • Options

he was in a bad place in his swede mate when he joined, right now he is from what I have heard he is back in sorts up there, he just needs a run imo

Hope ur right mate as i said earlier would like to see him do well , i would like any of our forwards to do well , wot i would like to see more than anything is a free scoring centre forward come through our academy and make the step up and score goals for the 1st team.on a regular basis , we seem to find defenders and midfield players and ok we sell em on but we never find a forward who looks the buisness?
  • Options
    cant disagree with that mate we aint had a decent free scoring one in years
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

cant disagree with that mate we aint had a decent free scoring one in years

Anyway mate hope your little girl had a great day , even though we didnt get the win.
  • Options
    she loved it mate proper loved it lasted longer than my joe in his first outing at 3 yrs old

got the shirt the scarf and the singing and clapping still today
  • Options
    Superb.
  • Options

Not a bad game at all I thought Stephans was MOM and hope Woods is OK as he is making the difference in the defence. Cousins lost it a bit in the second half but the lad is great.

I'll probably get slaughtered for this but Pritchard drives me nuts he for me is living proof that effort is just not everything his two misses were awful.

We need to score more otherwise, despite the real team spirit, we will struggle

You won't get slaughtered by me - agree 100% about Pritchard.
  • Options

100%

Once he gets a run of game and/or some goals you'll see a different Sordell as he's definitely a confidence player
  • Options

100%

Once he gets a run of game and/or some goals you'll see a different Sordell as he's definitely a confidence player
    I hope u chaps are right , cos we need to start hitting the net.
  • Options
    Nice to see the positives brought out on here. I thought it was a strange mixture of some good individual performances that didn't quite come together into a compelling team performance. Positives - all the back four, cousins and Stevo, Sordell ( quality when the ball is actually passed to him). Negatives - pritch and church. Overall, a disappointing display but a decent point.
  • Options
    Sordell would come good if given a run of games and played with a target man I'd say.
  • Options

Sordell would come good if given a run of games and played with a target man I'd say.

Agreed
  • Options

It would certainly help him more than partnering with Church. With no disrespect to Simon, the two of them have styles that aren't mutually beneficial with the downside that neither of them play as well as they potentially could. On the other hand, which gets dropped for Yann? Or do we try three up front with wing forwards or fake nines or whatever fancy term we use nowadays...