Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Next Palace Manager

The Palace Chairman has stated that he would not be approaching any club that has a manager in place.
It seems to me that he is waiting for the first Premiership manager to get the sack. Hence, could well be Jol, Hughton or even McKay.

Comments

• Options
    Can we at least make Palace threads 'Members Only' so no Palace fans can see how obsessed some of our fans are?
  • Options
    JiMMy 85 said:

Can we at least make Palace threads 'Members Only' so no Palace fans can see how obsessed some of our fans are?

Funnily enough a friend recently pointed me in the direction of a Palace run thread about the Charlton fans recently jailed.

20 pages long.
  • Options
    JiMMy 85 said:

I can assure you I am not obsessed with Palace, it was just a bit of idle football chatter thats all.
  • Options
    Tony Pulis or Alan Curbishley
  • Options
    JiMMy 85 said:

Why are you so obsessed with what Palace fans think?
  • Options
    JiMMy 85 said:

This. Sick of these threads.
  • Options
    Why do people open them if they don't like them?

I can guarantee that if we got promoted to the prem, was losing week in week out and had parted company with our manager like they have, there'd be a fair few threads about us on their, tbh knowing them lot they'd even make a banner about it.
  • Options

Why do people open them if they don't like them?

I can guarantee that if we got promoted to the prem, was losing week in week out and had parted company with our manager like they have, there'd be a fair few threads about us on their, tbh knowing them lot they'd even make a banner about it.

Nah! We're not their rivals and they have no interest in us. Or at least that's what my Palace mates said when we spent all those years in the EPL whilst they dicked around in the Championship. Funnily, they seem to be saying quite a lot now though...

• Sponsored links:

• Options

JiMMy 85 said:

This. Sick of these threads.
    This one's not very good as nobody has put up the picture of Appleton...always makes me chuckle that does.
  • Options
    Just as you wish
  • Options
    I genuinely think they'll go for a cheap/short term option for the rest of this season and then bring someone in over the summer on longer term basis to build.
  • Options
    Looking like Chris Coleman according to Talksport.
  • Options
    MrLargo said:

Looking like Chris Coleman according to Talksport.

I do hope so!
  • Options
    Looks like they are eyeing up Chris Powell

http://www.holmesdale.net/page.php?id=106&tid=138983
  • Options
    Lol
  • Options
    E-cafc said:

Looks like they are eyeing up Chris Powell

http://www.holmesdale.net/page.php?id=106&tid=138983

I reckon Powell would have to listen to them. He's got no financial support from TJ, if they offered him silly money to keep them up and/or a 4 year deal at prem manager wages he will be away, he would be mad not to!
    But I just hope they don't want him.....!
  • Options
    They'll go for Eddie Firmani .. lots of experience
  • Options
    Chris Powell would not move to Crystal Palace, to manage them in the Championship (which he will inevitably end up doing if he were to go there).

All the stuff about lack of money, resources etc doesn't enter the argument IMO.

He loves Charlton too much to do that to the fans. Other clubs maybe, not Palace.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Don't want to know and don't care but chances are his name will not be too different from Stripey Nigel B'Stard!!
  • Options
    cafctom said:

Chris Powell would not move to Crystal Palace, to manage them in the Championship (which he will inevitably end up doing if he were to go there).

All the stuff about lack of money, resources etc doesn't enter the argument IMO.

He loves Charlton too much to do that to the fans. Other clubs maybe, not Palace.

I admire your optimism.
  • Options
    This is why I don't understand why Curbs wants the job. He's waited years to get a premier league job, which he rightly or wrongly deserves, and will only be in that job (before relegation) a few months. Don't get it.
  • Options
    Why the hell would such a big club like the london eagles want Powell? Had one season where he got lucky with promotion, all because (despite promises) Sheff Utd didn't come good. Ever since then he's struggled to get us out of the relegation spots.

Nah, nothing to see here..................
  • Options
    Powell's not going anywhere.
  • Options
    It'll be Coleman, he's hesitating over a contract with Wales and Wales allegedly want Pullis so it will all work out well. I just hope Coleman carries on his really good work at Palace.
  • Options
    Apart from any other considerations - Powell knows he is building a reputation here and going there would be very risky at this stage of his career - so definitely won't happen.
  • Options

This is why I don't understand why Curbs wants the job. He's waited years to get a premier league job, which he rightly or wrongly deserves, and will only be in that job (before relegation) a few months. Don't get it.

He shops at Sainsburys
  • Options

Money.

• Options

Money.

I don't think AC is short of a few bob with all the TV work he does but I don't see him turning down the Palace job if it was available, simply because it's an opportunity to get back in the game. Loyalty to CAFC will not be an issue, and, to be honest, why should it be?