Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Next Palace Manager

Comments

• cafctom said:

How can Pulis be too expensive? Sky told me last May that they had £120 million for winning a play-off match?

Confused!

Approx £120m tv money over five years.

£70m if they finish bottom, then £16m, £16m, £8m, £8m each subsequent season in the Championship (assuming they don't go up again) = £118m plus appearance fees for each live game shown and it's roughtly £120 plus increased sponsorship, ticket sales, shirt sales, branded spot cream etc etc.

Pullis might be too expensive as back in the championship then won't want a manager eating up £3m pa of their reducing income and if they have already spent too much on Holloways shockers.

Or Pullis knows it is high risk for his career and so is asking for silly money. Don't blame him.
  • Nicholas said:

Petrescu out to 7-4 now, looks they everyone is knocking them

Joey Essex could be in contentation once he's booted out of the jungle.

I heard that too but apparently Palace are adamant he learns to tell the time first. Putting out a sh1t team is ok, losing every week is ok, spending all their money on crap players is encouraged but being late for the pom pom girls is not allowed.
  • What are the odds on Millen for the rest of the season? That's where I'd put my money.

The odds being quoted are for permanent managers, any appointed to the end of the season would only pay out if they subsequently got the job permanently.
  • rikofold said:

What are the odds on Millen for the rest of the season? That's where I'd put my money.

The odds being quoted are for permanent managers, any appointed to the end of the season would only pay out if they subsequently got the job permanently.
    Depends on the bookie - on BetFair the market is settled if Millen is in charge for 10 games, even if his title is interim or caretaker manager.

1. Subject to paragraph 2, an appointment described by Crystal Palace FC as ‘interim’, ‘caretaker’, ‘temporary’ (including an appointment described as ‘to the end of the season’) or similar, will not constitute first team manager.

2. Notwithstanding paragraph 1, an individual appointed by Crystal Palace FC on an ‘interim’, ‘caretaker’, ‘temporary’ (including an appointment described as ‘to the end of the season’) or similar basis who remains manager in that capacity for at least 10 completed consecutive English League games (including over the course of more than a single season), will be considered to have been appointed as the next first team manager for the purpose of this market and Betfair will settle the market accordingly on that person.

• Millen needs to be in charge until boxing day for that to happen.
  • cafctom said:

How can Pulis be too expensive? Sky told me last May that they had £120 million for winning a play-off match?

Confused!

Approx £120m tv money over five years.

£70m if they finish bottom, then £16m, £16m, £8m, £8m each subsequent season in the Championship (assuming they don't go up again) = £118m plus appearance fees for each live game shown and it's roughtly £120 plus increased sponsorship, ticket sales, shirt sales, branded spot cream etc etc.

Pullis might be too expensive as back in the championship then won't want a manager eating up £3m pa of their reducing income and if they have already spent too much on Holloways shockers.

Or Pullis knows it is high risk for his career and so is asking for silly money. Don't blame him.
    I heaerd he would be looking for £1.5m a year and CPalace were looking to spend around a third of that. Their board seem to know they are going back down so no point in paying over the odds. They'll most likely go for a Championship manager showing some promise then they know they are in a good position next year to try for an immediate return.

All the more reason to get Chris Powell snapped up quickly
  • Chris wouldn't go there. So it's closer to where he lives sure but he's on a long contract here and has been backed by the board in the transfer market this summer and last. Not as if he every played for them or anything

: - )
  • Macronate said:

things are getting strange, nigels starting to worry. This could be a case for Mulder and Scully...

• Duchovny's shortened to 10/1.

Gillian Anderson is 12s.
  • Sponsored links:

• Parish is morphing into Jordan.
  • Anderson is 14s on Betfair.
  • Pulis for the third time has gone back to favorite now, When Petrescu was massively odds on Dowie was still 7/1 but Pulis slipped out to 13/1 suddenly he is now favorite
  • Joey Essex into 5s
  • Addickted said:

Parish is morphing into Jordan.

not sure I agree

• apparently petrescu's about to rule himself out of the running. This is becoming hilarious!
  • If Petrescu has rejected them purely because they weren't willing to meet his pay demands, as has been reported, then I fail to see how Pulis can now be back in the running considering Palace reportedly decided against him because he wanted too much money. No doubt he'll still be odds on by the end of the day, just because a couple of bookies have panicked after somebody stuck a fiver on him.

Whoever they end up with, Parish will no doubt claim that Mr XXXX was the perfect candidate, they had to work really hard to get him, he was their first choice, etc, despite it being blindingly obvious that they've been rejected by everyone from Tony Pulis down to the manager of the Sainsburys next to the Whitehorse Lane Stand.
  • Rob Ford should be available soon, smoking crack & boozing furiously should numb the embarrassment of managing the Nigels..
  • edited November 2013
    This is turning into a similar situation that Wolves had a couple of years back. Eventually, they had to stick with Terry "deer in headlights" Connor!
  • MrLargo said:

If Petrescu has rejected them purely because they weren't willing to meet his pay demands, as has been reported, then I fail to see how Pulis can now be back in the running considering Palace reportedly decided against him because he wanted too much money. No doubt he'll still be odds on by the end of the day, just because a couple of bookies have panicked after somebody stuck a fiver on him.

Whoever they end up with, Parish will no doubt claim that Mr XXXX was the perfect candidate, they had to work really hard to get him, he was their first choice, etc, despite it being blindingly obvious that they've been rejected by everyone from Tony Pulis down to the manager of the Sainsburys next to the Whitehorse Lane Stand.

Yeah i don't think they were offering enough nectar points.
  • Sponsored links:

• Pulis now 4/7, Petrescu way out at 10/1 and McCarthy 12/1.

My money's on David Kid Jensen to get it.
  • ...and Curbs still can't get a look in. I want Kevin Keegan to get it.
  • edited November 2013
    Why can't they just admit it to themselves and accept what the whole of football knows, that they are a joke.

What about that bloke that just got binned from the Co-op Bank, he could do a job he's fucking useless...
  • I think I read that Petrescu was advised against it by former Romanian Gica Popescu
  • latest odds:

Tony Pulis 4/7
    Dan Petescu 10/1
    Mick McCarthy 12/1
    Nookie Bear 14/1
    Kid Jensen 14/1
    Joey Essex 14/1
    The bloke binned by the Co-op 16/1
    George Graham 16/1
    Goofy 20/1
    Vince Hilaire 25/1
    Justin Bieber 25/1
    Nick Leeson 80/1
    Alan Curbishley 100/1
  • Swisdom said:

I think I read that Petrescu was advised against it by former Romanian Gica Popescu

Actually, I think he still is Romanian! ;-)
  • The former Spurs player presumably.
  • Anyone else heard the exchange on Twitter between James Buckley (Jay from inbetweeners) and Iain Dowies son?
  • McBobbin said:

...I want Kevin Keegan to get it.

I love it, I love it.