Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Next Palace Manager

Comments

• Options

This is why I don't understand why Curbs wants the job. He's waited years to get a premier league job, which he rightly or wrongly deserves, and will only be in that job (before relegation) a few months. Don't get it.

Because that's what he's good at. He did it twice for us while the board were prepared to yoyo for a few seasons he got on with the job after we were relegated and stormed division one. Nothing to say he can't do it again.

• Options
    He hasn`t lifted a finger for over 6 years in football, what qualifies him for a managers job in the Premier league now? What he did in the past is in the past. If he is still that good why is there not a queue for his expertise? The only job he has come close to getting in all that time is a 14 game offer from Wolves to keep them up or else!

• Options
    edited November 2013

Why do people open them if they don't like them?

I can guarantee that if we got promoted to the prem, was losing week in week out and had parted company with our manager like they have, there'd be a fair few threads about us on their, tbh knowing them lot they'd even make a banner about it.

I agree with you re. responding to threads you're not interested in - but when you look through the forum topics and see four, five, maybe even six threads with Palace (or even Palice as one bright spark spelt it) in the title, it's a little cringeworthy/ embarrassing.

JiMMy 85 said:

Can we at least make Palace threads 'Members Only' so no Palace fans can see how obsessed some of our fans are?

Why are you so obsessed with what Palace fans think?
    I don't think that post was as clever as you thought it was.
  • Options

Just as you wish

Thanks, my tuesday afternoon is complete. Actually, could be a good shout as the guy in the picture (Colin Appleton?) would have as much chance (not very much) of saving Palace this year as anyone else. Get on the blower to Betfred now....
  • Options
    Chris Coleman has signed a two year extension with Wales...he says "Wales is biggest job I will ever have".

Palace are obviously just the biggest jobby!!! :)
  • Options
    Dowie now at short as 11/4 to be named manager.
  • Options
    Please, please, please let it be Dowie!
  • Options
    I refuse to take the micky out of them in any way until its officially confirmed that their new manager is anyone other than SCP........
  • Options
    Dowie would be fantastic
  • Options

I refuse to take the micky out of them in any way until its officially confirmed that their new manager is anyone other than SCP........

http://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/57909/children-in-need-warning-very-upsetting#latest
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    When Dowie started with us and described the players delightedly giving each other high fives when coming in from training, I thought WTF?
    Should fit in well at Crystal Palace....again!
    Please let it be true.
  • Options
    Dowie now 2.12 on Betfair.
  • Options
    now fortunately I don't know any palace fans (I used to know one but since he broke up with my friend I don't have to see him anymore. thankfully.) but I cant believe they would want dowie. he's a joke.
  • Options
    Double Agent Dowie
  • Options
    Someone make Dowie palace manager.
  • Options
    Dowies odds are now ranging from 5-4 to 5-1 whilst Dan Petrescu is from 5-6 to 3-1. I hope that monster get it.
  • Options
    Forget that looks like it going to be Petrescu
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    That Powerpoint "Soaring with the Eagles" obviously didn't pay off.
  • Options
    Nicholas said:

Forget that looks like it going to be Petrescu

Not necessarily, this went on Talksport website in the last hour: http://talksport.com/football/petrescu-set-snub-crystal-palace-claims-dynamo-moscow-president-13111568321

Get the impression they've been getting snubbed left, right and centre. Think they might well have to make do with a short-term appointment until the end of the season.
  • Options
    If not Dowie, I personally think Joe Kinnear might be a marriage made in Heaven for Crystal Palace.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Nigel Farage will be well happy about a Rumanian taking a British job.
  • Options
    I wonder what time that article was written as sky sports are saying he is in advanced talks with them. Hopefully he snubs them.
  • Options
    Been told Petrescu want £10m over three years!

Get in there Dan......
  • Options
    Addickted said:

Been told Petrescu want £10m over three years!

Get in there Dan......

That's a big budget for new players..... Oh you mean as his wages. : - )
  • Options
    Sky saying Malky Mackay approached but turned them down.
  • Options
    Paul Ince now in the running :-)
  • Options
    Would it be easier to list managers who haven't been linked with the job?
  • Options
    couldn't give a

• Options
    Oakster said:

Double Agent Dowie

lol yeah.....PLEASE God let it be Dowie!

Can they really be that stupid though? Lets f******* hope so...

• Options
    Getting the feeling they will end up with Keith Millen until the end of the season