Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Next Palace Manager

123457»

Comments

• Options
    To be fair to Parish, he's made that journo look a complete fool
  • Options

coward james olly should've called him to answer his points from the article

Exactly. Their transfer policy in the summer was laughable, signing players and then not even including them in the 25 man squad - how is that good business, paying their wages and signing-on fees just so they can sit in the reserves?! That alone was enough to justify Olley's article, he should have followed it up by asking Parish to justify it rather than just grovelling to him.

• Options
    I think James Olly is an awful writer and journalist. Fair play to Parish there.
  • Options
    The reality seems to be that Parish is seemingly an improvement on Jordan. The similarity seems to be that both will win one season in the Prem, the difference will be how Parish reacts to the inevitable relegation.
    Either way the issue they face, as always, is Selhurst Park. 'The best and most vocal fans in the country' suggests to me that Parish is as delusional as Jordan.
  • Options
    seth plum said:

The reality seems to be that Parish is seemingly an improvement on Jordan. The similarity seems to be that both will win one season in the Prem, the difference will be how Parish reacts to the inevitable relegation.
    Either way the issue they face, as always, is Selhurst Park. 'The best and most vocal fans in the country' suggests to me that Parish is as delusional as Jordan.

Exactly right, how they fare next season will be more of an indication of his ability as Chairman. Has to say that about the fans though doesn't he, especially as they are bottom without a manager, all Chairman/managers/players say the same thing. I'd be surprised if Parish is in it for the long haul. I think they moved in to save the club, I don't believe he wants the day to day headaches, probably why they now have a Director of Football and also their CEO is an ex player and been there a long time.

• Options
    edited November 2013
    Well in the end it looks like Pulis.

And on three times as much as Laudrup.
  • Options
    Sky Sports News ‏@SkySportsNews 43m
    Sky Sources: Crystal Palace are close to agreeing deal with Tony Pulis to become new manager #SSN
  • Options
    Addickted said:

Well in the end it looks like Pulis.

And on three times as much as Laudrup.

All to be about 0.1 times as enjoyable to watch. At least Olly's teams try and play decent football. Would be gutted if I was a Palace fan... fortunately I'm not so I'm actually delighted.

• Options
    Paddy Power have paid out.

The reverse psychology of betting a quid on Curbs at 25-1 worked!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Nervous after their win today that they can get out of it , less chance now they've got Pulis rather than Curbs but still a chance
  • Options
    Pullis has never been relegated in 21 years of management.

I'll have a £50 bet with anyone that he doesn't make it 22....................
  • Options
    Good appointment for them. Not only has prem experience but he also got Stoke sorted on and off the pitch in the Championship leading to their promotion.

They will be organised and hard(er) to beat at least.

I think they will still go down but he will make it a bit closer than it would have been.
  • Options
    Pretty sure Martin jol will get the chop soon. Now that's a team curbs could save.

Palace won't stay up. Not a chance.
  • Options
    As Henry says it will make them harder to beat. If they can nick points off the good sides and beat the weaker ones they could survive. Whilst there are more sides competing at the top (which is good news), at the bottom sides like Norwich, Sunderland, Fulham, Cardiff and Hull could all slip below Palace.
  • Options
    Pulis is a good appointment for them. He'll get them organized and stable. Bastard.
  • Options
    Pulis is arguably in the top three English Managers around.
  • Options

Pulis is arguably in the top three English Managers around.

I thought he was welsh Man About?

• Options

Do you think he will make it to the end of the season? Can we start speculating on the next Palace manager or does that need a new thread.
  • Options
    sm said:

Do you think he will make it to the end of the season? Can we start speculating on the next Palace manager or does that need a new thread.
    Signed up on a two and a half year deal on big, big money (by their standards). Clearly paying him more than they wanted to, otherwise they'd have got him signed up a lot quicker. He will have to be pretty catastrophic for them to get rid of him before the end of the season.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Gutted Dowie didn't get it, though atleast I won't be able to hate him more if he pulled off the miracle.