Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Next Palace Manager

Comments

• Its been a while since Palace and Ollie parted company , most managers are normally appointed within a fortnight , which tends to suggest :

A) The board haven't really got a clue who to appoint?
    B) Its not a very desirable job?
    C) The transfer budgets shot to pieces?
    D) No one wants to manage a team with a fan base called Nigel?

B and D

• Petrescu looks like David Duchovony.
  • Curbs rubbing his hands together waiting for that phone call. Running out of vacant managers now.

Mental really dowie does not have a scooby on how to manage in the premier league and save teams from relegation. He is still considered a better option then curbs (at this point)
  • There is actually a reason why dowie still gets coaching jobs. I heard from someone that attended a meeting where dowie was giving a speech on motivation with PowerPoint presentation etc. they said he came across really well on a talkative level and presented himself to look really good. It made it clear as to how someone like him could boss an interview showing high promise without actually being good at the job itself.

Our Richard got sucked in.
  • Its been a while since Palace and Ollie parted company , most managers are normally appointed within a fortnight , which tends to suggest :

A) The board haven't really got a clue who to appoint?
    B) Its not a very desirable job?
    C) The transfer budgets shot to pieces?
    D) No one wants to manage a team with a fan base called Nigel?

E) All of the above

• Dave2l said:

There is actually a reason why dowie still gets coaching jobs. I heard from someone that attended a meeting where dowie was giving a speech on motivation with PowerPoint presentation etc. they said he came across really well on a talkative level and presented himself to look really good. It made it clear as to how someone like him could boss an interview showing high promise without actually being good at the job itself.

Dowie gave the same presentation at every club he went to. He just changed the title every time.

*Soaring with the eagles

*Advancing the Addicks

*Reinvigorating the Rams (for a potential interview with Derby)

Perhaps this time it'll be

*Nosediving with the Nigels. :)
  • TelMc32 said:

Dave2l said:

There is actually a reason why dowie still gets coaching jobs. I heard from someone that attended a meeting where dowie was giving a speech on motivation with PowerPoint presentation etc. they said he came across really well on a talkative level and presented himself to look really good. It made it clear as to how someone like him could boss an interview showing high promise without actually being good at the job itself.

Dowie gave the same presentation at every club he went to. He just changed the title every time.

*Soaring with the eagles

*Advancing the Addicks

As the old saying goes - bullshit baffles brains .
  • TelMc32 said:

Dave2l said:

*Soaring with the eagles

*Advancing the Addicks

Indeed, but there was a large element of the "f-you" when Murray appointed Dowie. He knew damn well it would piss off the orange fella and that gave him a lot of satisfaction. Perhaps too much to make a reasoned judgement.
  • TelMc32 said:

TelMc32 said:

Dave2l said:

*Soaring with the eagles

*Advancing the Addicks

Indeed, but there was a large element of the "f-you" when Murray appointed Dowie. He knew damn well it would piss off the orange fella and that gave him a lot of satisfaction. Perhaps too much to make a reasoned judgement.
    Agreed - with hindsight.

• Petrescu out to 7-4 now, looks they everyone is knocking them
  • Sponsored links:

• Paddy Power now have Curbs at 9-1

Petrescu 6-5
    Dyche 7-2
    Pulis 5-1
    Dowie 5-1
    McCarthy 15-2
    Curbishley 9-1
    Coppell 33-1

Can't really see Dyche, Pulis or McCarthy going there and Petrescu is looking more remote. Could be down to Dowie & Curbs soon :)
  • What are the odds on Millen for the rest of the season? That's where I'd put my money.
  • Strangely Paddy Power don't give him odds, but Oddschecker show him at 20s with SkyBet and BetVictor and 22s on Betfair.
  • Thanks Tel, I would risk a fiver if I had an on-line account, was a gamber or had any interest in Palace
  • There's always something, ay Henry ;-)
  • RedPanda said:

Petrescu looks like David Duchovony.

He absolutely does. Thought this for sonkeys' years - pointed it out numerous times during the heyday of the X-Files - no-one else seemed to agree.
  • His name also spells out an old tv show
  • Heard that Pet rescue was over in London and is awaiting to be comfirmed as new maanger.............
  • Gica Popescu: "Dan won't sign for Palace! We had a 40 min chat today, he told me that. I advised him not to go""

Apparently that is an official quote from a close friend of Dan Petrescu
  • Nicholas said:

Petrescu out to 7-4 now, looks they everyone is knocking them

Joey Essex could be in contentation once he's booted out of the jungle.

• Sponsored links:

• Paddy Power have caught wind that my mate Steve the Palace fan rang me tonight.

I'm in at 16s with them, Betfair and SKYBet.
  • Pulis didn't want it
    Coleman didn't want it
    Mackay didnt want it
    Petrescu didn't want it

Is anyone out there free this saturday and would like to manage Crystal Palace? Someone? Anyone........
  • Is anyone out there free this saturday and would like to manage Crystal Palace? Someone? Anyone........

Not me, sorry. I've got work. We must be able to find SOMEONE on here willing to help?
  • Can see Coppell taking over to end of season as interim manager so those odds appeal but not sure if that is for permanent manager and bookies wouldn't pay out.
  • Rumours are the shortlist of three is Pulis, Dowie and Petrescu

And Pulis is too expensive
    And Petrescu isn't keen
    Bouncebackabilitytastic
  • Is anyone out there free this saturday and would like to manage Crystal Palace? Someone? Anyone........

Not me, sorry. I've got work. We must be able to find SOMEONE on here willing to help?
    I will give it a go. Obviously I can't make Saturdays but I can pick the team Friday and record the last game on match of the day to see what went wrong.
  • Palace need to bring in someone who loves them,someone who respects them, someone who doesn't mind working in Croydon. Gonna be a long winter !!
  • This morning's odds update:

Dan Petrescu - 2/1, Pulis 6/1, Dyche 6/1, Dowie 17/2 and Mick McCarthy is today's new contestant at 12/1. Curbs is now 25s and you can also get 25/1 on Keith Millen, don't know whether they'd pay out if he was only appointed until the end of the season though (they should do considering that's roughly the amount of time most permanent managers get before being sacked).

Millen has been told to prepare them for Saturday's game, Petrescu appears to have turned them down and Steve Coppell has been quoted in a couple of reports this morning as having said "never say never" when asked about the possibility of returning.

They are already 2 games into a run of 6 games that they would have looked at as an opportunity to pick up points.
  • How can Pulis be too expensive? Sky told me last May that they had £120 million for winning a play-off match?

Confused!
  • Would have spent close to that to bring the facilities up to PL standard