Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Ashes: Australia v England, 2013-14.

Comments

• Options

People predicting 3-2 Australia are simply ignoring recent form!

We are unbeaten in 13 Tests and they have won NONE OF THEIR LAST NINE!

Last year over here the Saffers were undercooked and drew the first two Tests - but smashed the Aussies in Perth once they hit form.

Even against a shite Sri Lanka the Aussies struggled to impose themselves and - don't forget - in 2011 even the Kiwis won a Test here.

This is a piss poor Aussie side, riddled with factions and injuries - we should win the series 3-0.

unfortunately for the sake of good cricket this is how I see it. I would rather the aussies side were better. so a good cricket series could unfold. like 2005.
  • Options
    This will be close.

Last summer upon reflection was a pretty poor series all round.

We are not as good as we think we are and they are not as bad as we think they are.
  • Options
    3 or 4-0 for me. KP will be man of the series.
  • Options
    Thought you might be out there ?!
  • Options
    Riviera said:

I'll be doing my usual. Watch the first session, apart from Perth, kip on the settee with the telly on. Wake up about 5am to watch 1/2 hour before I get ready for work. Listen on digital radio on way to work.

My wife loves us playing Down Under!

I will probably watch as much as I can and catch up on sleep during the day. And the same here so far as the wife is concerned. Mine not yours of course ;-)

Will be tight but much will depend on whether Cook and Trott can find their form again on the bouncier tracks out there.
  • Options
    Shag said:

I've pulled some strokes in my life but going to Aus on my own over Xmas and New Year leaving three kids, one a 4 month old at home might be pushing it. If you wouldn't mind phoning the missus and asking on my behalf it would be appreciated.

• Options
    Perhaps the only time when it is an advantage to be in the US Mountain time zone when following overseas sport - 5pm start for us tonight :-)
  • Options
    You've changed ....
  • Options
    Brunello said:

Shag said:

I've pulled some strokes in my life but going to Aus on my own over Xmas and New Year leaving three kids, one a 4 month old at home might be pushing it. If you wouldn't mind phoning the missus and asking on my behalf it would be appreciated.

you phone mine and will phone yours meet you in heathrow about 10pm tonite ?? 8)

• Options

Brunello said:

Shag said:

you phone mine and will phone yours meet you in heathrow about 10pm tonite ?? 8)

Its a deal

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Riviera said:

This will be close.

Last summer upon reflection was a pretty poor series all round.

We are not as good as we think we are and they are not as bad as we think they are.

Agree with you.

For once :-)
  • Options
    mine being 26weeks gone now mate she is a bit more of a loonie than before

• Options
    Media are hyping the series to get ratings and shift copies. Fact is Australia are piss poor, I would only take Clarke and siddle from their side tbh and Ryan Harris when fit. Apart from that they're very average. Their opening batsman is a former bowler and doesn't even make eye contact with his skipper.

5-0 England.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Going to be a totally bizarre test for me to watch. Went to Brisbane five months ago and fell in love with the place. Then visited the Gabba itself a month later for an Aussie Rules match.

Think we'll win the series. Just.
  • Options
    I think that it will be very close, with lots of people on here crying about a poor innings before the game is drawn or won by the English

2-1 I reckon
  • Options
    Hope i am wrong but i think Mitchell Johnson will be a big threat this time.
  • Options
    3-1 England, think the Aussie batting line-up is weak bar Clarke.
  • Options
    Rain is forecast for 4 of the 5 days so expect the 1st test to be a draw
  • Options
    I went for 3-1 a few months back and I see no reason to change. One test will be a draw, and Johnson will have his customary 1 good innings per series to spark an England collapse.
  • Options
    Ok you all convinced me...(well skybets email with the price boost did!)

Just stuck £20 on 3-1 England. Skybet price boost 8/1
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    http://www.ecb.co.uk/news/articles/ashes-highlights-available-free-air-tv

Highlights will be Pick, a Freeview/Freesat channel for the Skyless
  • Options
    Awesome, cheers for the heads up mate.
  • Options
    It is going to be a close call I think. Media here seem to think Australia have quite a good chance but are not as good as England so expect to lose. I am flying up to Brisbane this morning and will be at the Gabba on Friday and Saturday. Look out for the CAFC shirt in the crowd.
  • Options

http://www.ecb.co.uk/news/articles/ashes-highlights-available-free-air-tv

Highlights will be Pick, a Freeview/Freesat channel for the Skyless

Cheers Killer!
  • Options
    what time does play finish of a morning?
  • Options
    Last session should be 4am to 6am but there could be extra overs then
  • Options
    Play starts at midnight doesn't it? Should be done seven-eight hours later.
  • Options
    midnight to 2 first session
    2.40 to 4.40 second
    5 to 7-7.30ish for last session
  • Options
    Yeah I was hoping to get up at half 6 and catch an hour before work
  • Options

Last session should be 4am to 6am but there could be extra overs then

Sorry should be 5am to 7am