Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Ashes: Australia v England, 2013-14.

Comments

• Options
    No more wickets before lunch:)
  • Options
    Good try! 71-2 off 25 overs for the first session. Lunch.
  • Options

Riviera said:

Jimmy almost does a "Simon Jones" slide on the sand based outfield. Do they really not know not to do it there?

If they cannot see they've selected the wrong squad the composition of the outfield is hardly going to be top of the agenda is it?
    Bresnan will be fit for the next test so that will be one less 6' 7'' bowler!

Bresnan is NOT in the squad. He may be in Australia but won't be added to the squad unless someone gets injured.
  • Options

Bresnan is NOT in the squad. He may be in Australia but won't be added to the squad unless someone gets injured.

Not according to my sources:

Bresnan is expected to come back into contention as the tour goes on. He flew out with the squad and England hope to play him in the two-day match against a Cricket Australia Chairman's XI in Alice Springs after the Gabba Test; he could also be involved in a game for the England Performance Programme, who have joined the senior players in Brisbane. Saker said that the Yorkshire quick could be available to play in Adelaide.

"He's going along really well, so we really hope he's ready for the second Test," Saker said. "We think he will be. That's in the medical department's hands - but he's making some really good progress.

• Options
    Sure he will come into contention. Tremlett and Finn's fitness records are appalling.

The problem is AA that England made a major error by omitting Onions.

And by the way, you have NO sources as far as Team England are concerned,just hearsay.
  • Options
    Riviera said:

Sure he will come into contention. Tremlett and Finn's fitness records are appalling.

The problem is AA that England made a major error by omitting Onions.

And by the way, you have NO sources as far as Team England are concerned,just hearsay.

If you can call the England bowling coach "hearsay"!

Time you went to bed anyway. You've got to go to work in a couple of hours.

• Options
    When it is reported on the Internet or any form of media it's hearsay. When he calls you personally I'll listen.

Tremlett has never played 3 consecutive Tests so the door will open.
  • Options
    Riviera said:

When it is reported on the Internet or any form of media it's hearsay. When he calls you personally I'll listen.

Tremlett has never played 3 consecutive Tests so the door will open.

I've told you "go to bed". You'll be even more grumpy than usual if you don't.

And by the way, I don't disagree about Onions omission.

• Options
    73-3. Broad gets Clarke for 1. HUGE wicket!! Broad really shutting up the Aussies. :-)
  • Options
    Broad gets Clarke yet again 73-3
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Here comes the tail: Steve Smith at five.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    83-4. Warner gone for 49. Who else but Stuart Broad? Caught by Pietersen at extra cover.
  • Options
    The broad baiting worked a treat!!
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    tomfordyce ‏@tomfordyce 2m
    You don't want to make Broad angry. You wouldn't like him when he's angry... Warner holes out to extra cover for 49, Aus 83-4, Broad 4-34

Chris Murphy ‏@ChrisMurphSport 1m
    The Aussies have had three months & can only muster "Broady's a w***ker" - and whenever they sing it he takes a wicket!
  • Options
    Australian press must be feeling a little foolish!
  • Options
    Oh jimmy that was close
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    100-5. Bailey gone for 3. Jimmy gets his first wicket.

Should really be in bed but enjoying this far too much.
  • Options
    Horrible morning for the Aussies, love it!
  • Options
    Come on no wickets for 20 minutes, sort it out!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    132-6. Tremlett gets his first wicket as well. Smith caught in the slips for 31.
  • Options
    Beat me to it Callum. Get in!
  • Options
    103 undefeated partnership between Haddin (60) & Johnson (58)

235-6. New ball now due.
  • Options
    Johnson gone. Broad again. He waves the ball to the Aussies for his 5-63.
    246-7.
  • Options
    265-8 Jimmy snares Siddle.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    273-8 at close.

Day 1 very much to us. And Broad in particular.
  • Options
    Well done the tall English medium pacer....
  • Options
    England have to be happy with that. Bowlers did their job. doesn't sound like the pitch or the conditions were all that spicy, and Haddin and Johnson can hold a bat. Be nice to wrap things up for under 300 tomorrow, which is more than realistic. I'll hold my breath until after England have batted though, as I think we are undercooked. Mind you, it shows what a decent partnership can do. Glad for Broad as well. The grief he was getting from the Aussies was beyond parody, and I loved seeing it get shoved in their faces.
  • Options
    Watson when he edges, "Ohhh no", picked up on the stump mic. Love it!
  • Options
    Broad is the last person you'd want to taunt, as he is a super confident individual, who enjoys being the centre of attention!

By the sound of things, if you survive until the ball goes soft, then you can really enjoy yourself, so hopefully we'll get to that stage without losing too many wickets, and the likes of KP and Bell can then take the game away from the Aussies before the 2nd new ball.