Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Snooker updates

Comments

• Northern Ireland Open 
    Round 1
    Results

Jackson Page 4-3 Aaron Hill
    Ashley Carty 4-1 Jack Lisowski
    Kurt Maflin 4-1 Fraser Patrick
    Ronnie O'Sullivan 4-1 Jamie O'Neil
    Louis Heathcote 4-2 Brandon Sargeant
    Ryan Day 4-0 Shaun Murphy 
    Stephen Maguire 4-2 Alex Borg
    Matt Selt 4-3 Joe O'Connor 
    Mark Davis 4-3 Ian Burns 
  • I see you didn't curse Ronald :wink: I only watched one frame last night, wasn't really in snooker mood. 
  • Northern Ireland Open 
    Round 1
    Results

Stuart Carrington 4-1 Billy Castle
    Tom Ford 4-2 Lee Walker
    Zak Surety 4-2 Mark King
    Lukas Kleckers 4-1 Chang Bingyu
    Barry Pinches 4-2 Liam Highfield
    Thepchaiya Un-Nooh 4-2 Peter Devlin
    Nigel Bond 4-1 Jamie Wilson
    Zhao Xintong 4-2 Si Jiahui
    Igor Figueiredo 4-2 Graeme Dott
    Liang Wenbo 4-3 Steven Hallworth 
    Ding Junhui 4-0 Eden Sharav
    Dominic Dale 4-2 Mark Joyce
    Jak Jones 4-0 Pang Junxu
    Neil Robertson W/O Declan Lavery
    Akani Songsermsawad 4-3 Jordan Brown
    Ali Carter 4-1 Ben Hancorn
    Barry Hawkins 4-2 Alan McManus
    Mark Selby 4-1 Andrew Higginson 
    Yuan Sijun 4-3 Luo Honghao 
    James Cahill 4-1 Lyu Haotian
    Zhao Jianbo 4-1 Brian Ochoiski
    Fergal O'Brien 4-2 Ashley Hugill
    Matthew Stevens 4-2 Jimmy Robertson 
    Stuart Bingham 4-1 Oliver Lines
    Michael White 4-0 Iulian Boiko
    John Higgins 4-0 Daniel Wells
    Patrick Wallace 4-1 Farakh Ajaib
    Ben Woollaston 4-3 Ricky Walden
    Mark Allen 4-0 Anthony Hamilton 
    Joe Perry 4-0 Robbie Williams 
    Elliot Slessor 4-1 Li Hang
    Allan Taylor 4-2 Hossein Vafaei
  • I tell you what for someone not even on the tour anymore Michael White is doing well atm, qualified for the German Masters last week now into round 2 here(now I have said that you can guarantee Hawkins beats him 4-0)
  • Northern Ireland Open 
    Round 2
    Matches 

Quarter 1

Judd Trump v Gao Yang 
    Luca Brecel v Rod Lawler 
    Ashley Carty v Andy Hicks 
    Rory McLeod v Martin Gould 
    Noppon Saengkham v Zhou Yuelong 
    Alexander Ursenbacher v Stephen Maguire 
    Xu Si v Scott Donaldson 
    Rob Milkins v Mark Allen 

Quarter 2

Kyren Wilson v Ken Doherty 
    Michael Holt v Louis Heathcote 
    David Grace v Sam Craigie 
    Barry Hawkins v Michael White 
    Barry Pinches v Anthony McGill 
    Nigel Bond v Yan Bingtao 
    Zak Surety v Zhao Xintong 
    Lukas Kleckers v Mark Selby

Quarter 3

Neil Robertson v Ben Woollaston 
    Liang Wenbo v Jak Jones
    Mark Williams v Dominic Dale 
    Ali Carter v Xiao Guodong 
    Akani Songsermsawad v Igor Figueiredo 
    Zhao Jianbo v Stuart Bingham 
    Jackson Page v Kurt Maflin
    James Cahill v Ryan Day

Quarter 4

John Higgins v Patrick Wallace 
    Matt Selt v Stuart Carrington 
    Ding Junhui v Lu Ning
    Tom Ford v Yuan Sijun 
    Allan Taylor v Joe Perry
    Fergal O'Brien v Thepchaiya Un-Nooh 
    Mark Davis v Matthew Stevens 
    Elliot Slessor v Ronnie O'Sullivan 
  • One of the standout ties is obviously Slessor v O'Sullivan 

Played twice before
    2017- Northern Ireland Open-Slessor won 4-1
    2018- China Open- Slessor won 6-2

Cant be many players with a 100% win percentage over Ronnie lol, one things for sure Elliot wont be to worried about the match and will be confident he can win
  • One of the standout ties is obviously Slessor v O'Sullivan 

Played twice before
    2017- Northern Ireland Open-Slessor won 4-1
    2018- China Open- Slessor won 6-2

Cant be many players with a 100% win percentage over Ronnie lol, one things for sure Elliot wont be to worried about the match and will be confident he can win
    I just thought that as soon as i read it, surely Ronnie will be out with a point to prove, 4-0 Ronnie i reckon :) 
  • Trump just got a 147, leads 3-0 v Gao and about to get the last as in. I got a text from mate so only saw the last black and colours. 
  • Trump just got a 147, leads 3-0 v Gao and about to get the last as in. I got a text from mate so only saw the last black and colours. 
    Typical I am watching Ding Junhui so missed it 😂😂😂
  • As @johnnybev1987 said

147 JUDD TRUMP 

thats number 161 in Snooker History and Trumps 5th, His last coming December 2018 in German Masters Qualification 
  • Sponsored links:

Typical I am watching Ding Junhui so missed it 😂😂😂
    I've backed Ding, i had netflix on but mate messaged so quickly got in for the end.

So far i have had Maguire/ Brecel, need yan and Ding now, mixed with darts and footy though 3 down 7 to go lol 
  • Ronnie show on Eurosport (TV Channel) if anyone wants to witness the 4-0 romping! 
  • Ronnie show on Eurosport (TV Channel) if anyone wants to witness the 4-0 romping! 
    Is that 4-0 Slessor yeah.

Slessor playing with no fear as I said, Great first red after a good safety from Ronnie and great blue after and he takes the opening frame
  • I meant 4-0 to Slessor obviously... takes the first frame after a good little saftey battle which Ronnie looked like he played a semi decent one cueball on the baulk cushion with a tricky red in the middle. Great start for Slessor 71 break, Ronnie back at the table with 59 left, but assume just to get his arm going.
    Is that 4-0 Slessor yeah.

Slessor playing with no fear as I said, Great first red after a good safety from Ronnie and great blue after and he takes the opening frame
    Same time, same joke lol :):smile:
  • Ronnie to win 4-1 , 3/1, ive put £10 on looks like he wants it today. although loses this frame he might lose his head...
  • Am i being bias, or is Slessor coming across as a bit of a bellend. A bit cocky but also annoyed me initially the 2nd frame making Ronnie knock the balls around when he needed about 4 snookers and obviously was trying to needle him.

The above aside, he is playing very well surprised his low ranking if he can play like this against Ronnie needs to do more often and against the others, really solid game and looks a modern Ebdon based on this. I have seen him play before but paying particular attention today lol 
  • Am i being bias, or is Slessor coming across as a bit of a bellend. A bit cocky but also annoyed me initially the 2nd frame making Ronnie knock the balls around when he needed about 4 snookers and obviously was trying to needle him.

The above aside, he is playing very well surprised his low ranking if he can play like this against Ronnie needs to do more often and against the others, really solid game and looks a modern Ebdon based on this. I have seen him play before but paying particular attention today lol 
    Even the commentators who are normally pro Ronnie said he was probably just trying to get some frustration out before the 3rd frame as he knew he should have been 2-0 up, nothing in the rules to say he cant do that either, like Ronnie playing on in Frame 1 for some table time.

I loved it because its the sort of thing that would wind Ronnie up

Even the commentators who are normally pro Ronnie said he was probably just trying to get some frustration out before the 3rd frame as he knew he should have been 2-0 up, nothing in the rules to say he cant do that either, like Ronnie playing on in Frame 1 for some table time.

I loved it because its the sort of thing that would wind Ronnie up
    Its a fair point and highly likely, i did think he might be doing it to get under his skin. I really didn't like it, also hopefully it has given Ronnie the more reason to beat him. Backfired... Just his general demeanour not just that frame but comes across a bit of a arrogant prick, which normally i dont mind in people but he has irritated me and felt he was getting alot of luck, although i admit he played a very solid game. 
  • Ronnie to win 4-1 , 3/1, ive put £10 on looks like he wants it today. although loses this frame he might lose his head...
    This came in :) it wasn't a banker and could easily have gone in a couple of frames, Slessor fought hard and lucky Ronnie kept his head after some good safety exchange. Slessor give himself a chance to knick it 2-0, but after that didn't really get anything. Ronnie not his A game, but solid, safety and potting
  • Sponsored links:

• I think twitter have got their Trumps confused

• Northern Ireland Open 
    Round 2
    Results

Luca Brecel 4-1 Rod Lawler
    Andy Hicks 4-1 Ashley Carty 
    Martin Gould 4-1 Rory McLeod 
    Barry Pinches 4-3 Anthony McGill 
    Matt Selt 4-0 Stuart Carrington 
    Zhao Xintong 4-1 Zak Surety 
    Stephen Maguire 4-1 Alexander Ursenbacher 
    Kyren Wilson 4-3 Ken Doherty 
    David Grace 4-3 Sam Craigie 
    Noppon Saengkham 4-3 Zhou Yuelong 
    Ding Junhui 4-1 Lu Ning
    Michael Holt 4-3 Louis Heathcote 
    Scott Donaldson 4-3 Xu Si 
    Judd Trump 4-0 Gao Yang 
    Matthew Stevens 4-2 Mark Davis
    Thepchaiya Un-Nooh 4-1 Fergal O'Brien 
    Ronnie O'Sullivan 4-1 Elliott Slessor 
    Yan Bingtao 4-1 Nigel Bond
    Michael White 4-3 Barry Hawkins 
    Zhao Jianbo 4-2 Stuart Bingham 
    Dominic Dale 4-2 Mark Williams 
    Allan Taylor 4-1 Joe Perry
    Ali Carter 4-1 Xiao Guodong 
    Yuan Sijun 4-2 Tom Ford
    Lukas Kleckers 4-0 Mark Selby
    Liang Wenbo 4-1 Jak Jones
    Kurt Maflin 4-0 Jackson Page 
    Ben Woollaston 4-2 Neil Robertson 
    John Higgins 4-2 Fraser Patrick 
    Mark Allen 4-2 Rob Milkins
    Igor Figueiredo 4-2 Akani Songsermsawad 
    Ryan Day 4-3 James Cahill
  • A couple of very surprising results there

Obviously stand out results Kleckers beating Selby and 17 year old Jianbo beating Bingham

Another good win for White this time beating Hawkins(beat he is wondering where this form was when he was fighting for his place on the tour)

Barry Pinches with a good win against McGill as well
  • edited November 2020
    Northern Ireland Open 
    Round 3

Quarter 1

Judd Trump v Luca Brecel
    Andy Hicks  v Martin Gould 
    Noppon Saengkham v Stephen Maguire 
    Scott Donaldson v Mark Allen 

Quarter 2

Kyren Wilson v Michael Holt 
    David Grace v Michael White 
    Barry Pinches  v Yan Bingtao 
    Zhao Xintong  v Lukas Kleckers

Quarter 3

Ben Woollaston  v Liang Wenbo
    Dominic Dale  v Ali Carter 
    Igor Figueiredo  v Zhao Jianbo 
    Kurt Maflin v Ryan Day

Quarter 4

John Higgins v Matt Selt 
    Ding Junhui v Yuan Sijun 
    Allan Taylor v Thepchaiya Un-Nooh 
    Matthew Stevens  v Ronnie O'Sullivan  
  • Obviously Quarter 2 and Quarter 3 are not looking as you would expect

Selby, McGill and Hawkins dropping out from Quarter 2

Robertson, Bingham and Williams dropping out from Quarter 3
  • Remember tomorrow is Thursday in home Nations events Thursday is the day when 2 rounds are played so we will end tomorrow with just 8 players remaining 
  • Mad Selby and Robbo both going out and been in such good form, i watched some of the Robbo game but turned over for footy. This short format is so hard to predict. 

Ronnie lost to Stevens recently, hopefully he keeps his focus from yesterday. 
  • Mad Selby and Robbo both going out and been in such good form, i watched some of the Robbo game but turned over for footy. This short format is so hard to predict. 

Ronnie lost to Stevens recently, hopefully he keeps his focus from yesterday. 
    Neil Robertson has lost 2 matches in a row now both against Ben Woollaston, last week at the German Masters and now here(he had that first round bye, so this was his first match)
  • Fantastic insight by Trump on Eurosport, basically he said the table was playing heavy. He went on to say that the table is damp, cushions very bad and cant cue through the ball properly eg. backspin tries to avoid. 

He did say if he was playing well like yesterday he wouldn't notice it but thats the reason it goes a bit scrappy the balls today and expected the table to be better today after being used all week. 
  • Fantastic insight by Trump on Eurosport, basically he said the table was playing heavy. He went on to say that the table is damp, cushions very bad and cant cue through the ball properly eg. backspin tries to avoid. 

He did say if he was playing well like yesterday he wouldn't notice it but thats the reason it goes a bit scrappy the balls today and expected the table to be better today after being used all week. 
    Hear that alot from players about table conditions, cant remember which tournament it was a few weeks ago but 5 or 6 players in a row mentioned the conditions