Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Snooker updates

Comments

• edited November 2020
    The morning session finally ended so I can update the results one of the matches was only delayed by an hour and it still took over 6 hours for the 11 frames
    You know they didn't start until 11, so thats 5 hours, less breaks.  not exactly slow just the knock on which i did point out above, you might not have read it/seen. 
    Commentators said Zifan v Sijun were only delayed by an hour hence why I said it was over 6 hours to complete, because it was
    I was watching live scores at the time, i had a bet on it. It started at 11.
    People at the venue said it started at 10, we have seen previously the live scores are not always accurate and have actually stopped working, I am more inclined to belive the people at the venue rather than lives scores for outside tables.
    live scores i have been following the whole of the match, whatever pointless arguing with you. The fact i've been watching it update since 11, on a tab that is why i have said that. mute point really but not sure how you can argue something you haven't followed.

I think if i remember correctly, Maguire might have even finished while they were on the first frame as that was a quick match. 
  • The morning session finally ended so I can update the results one of the matches was only delayed by an hour and it still took over 6 hours for the 11 frames
    You know they didn't start until 11, so thats 5 hours, less breaks.  not exactly slow just the knock on which i did point out above, you might not have read it/seen. 
    Commentators said Zifan v Sijun were only delayed by an hour hence why I said it was over 6 hours to complete, because it was
    People at the venue said it started at 10, we have seen previously the live scores are not always accurate and have actually stopped working, I am more inclined to belive the people at the venue rather than lives scores for outside tables.

At the end of the day does it really fucking matter
    Bang on the last point, just you choose to be pedantic on something i had previously mentioned and i was watching the live scores most of the days :)  nevermind, annoying i missed Kyren. watched bits of the match but missed the 147 as was not much into it. 
  • The morning session finally ended so I can update the results one of the matches was only delayed by an hour and it still took over 6 hours for the 11 frames

Bang on the last point, just you choose to be pedantic on something i had previously mentioned and i was watching the live scores most of the days :)  nevermind, annoying i missed Kyren. watched bits of the match but missed the 147 as was not much into it. 
    Your the one who fucking bought it up.

Saying i am being pedantic on your point, i literally didnt mention your post I just said othe morning session has finally ended including one match which lasted over 6 hours(which is word for word what the commentary said)

And you being billy big bollocks have to try and prove me wrong 

Your the one who fucking bought it up.

Saying i am being pedantic on your point, i literally didnt mention your post I just said othe morning session has finally ended including one match which lasted over 6 hours(which is word for word what the commentary said)

And you being billy big bollocks have to try and prove me wrong 
    Stop giving me attitude all the time, its not right. If you disagree, there are ways to go about it no need to effing and jeffing! Your attitude stinks on here and FB sometimes sick to death of it. 

Its not to prove you wrong, you missed the point. Look before you posted i mentioned the Covid delays which i thought were in excess of 2 hours, i might be incorrect in some games but this one i was paying particular attention. 

I follow your threads and enjoy your updates, but no reason to react and get your back up if someone disagrees. we are all snooker lovers at the end of the day, people will have opinions Ronnie/Selby etc. there is no need to be rude. I will leave it there as i dont want to derail and fantastic thread and updates for the UK Championship, it is after all a mute point which has even stirred us here, noone actually cares lol 
  • UK Championship 
    Round 1 
    Results

Dave Gilbert 6-3 Fan Zhengyi 
    Michael Holt 6-4 Gao Yang 
    Rob Milkins 6-4 Sia Jiahui 
    Ricky Walden 6-0 Rod Lawler
    Kyren Wilson 6-4 Ashley Hugill 
  • UK Championship 
    Round 1
    Results

Mark King 6-5 David Lilley 
    Shaun Murphy 6-5 Lee Walker(game officially finished just after 00:45 lol)
    Chris Wakelin 6-0 Louis Heathcote 
    Oliver Lines 6-4 Gary Wilson 
  • I stayed up for Murphy game too, what a snooker at the end from Murphy, shot of the tournament so far one of the best i've seen in a while to get in behind the yellow, avoid the reds and open it up more, including the black. 

I had a 5 fold from a boost, Murphy was the last. Original pay out was £16, because Matthew Stevens didin't play they reduced to 5/4, got £6.25 back from the free bet. How rubbish, i know the rule but expected slightly less of a reduction. 

• Bingham gets a 147, two within 24 hours wow. looks like they are all after that bonus pot this year would be great to see them get 20 in a season think its 6 now, might be wrong? 
  • As John says Stuart Bingham got a maximum in the morning session.

The the 163rd snooker history and his 7th, his last coming in the 2019 Northern Ireland Open

Bingham is now 4th on the list for most 147s 
  • UK Championship 
    Round 1
    Results

Akani Songsermsawad 6-1 Kacper Filipiak 
    Stuart Bingham 6-2 Zak Surety 
    Dominic Dale 6-3 Luo Honghao 
    Noppon Saengkham 6-3 Peter Lines
    Zhao Xintong 6-3 Rory McLeod 
    Zhou Yuelong 6-1 Peter Devlin 
  • Sponsored links:

• UK Championship 
    Round 1 
    Results

Jordan Brown 6-5 Martin Gould 
    Andrew Higginson 6-5 James Cahill 
    Jimmy White 6-4 Alan McManus 
    Joe Perry 6-0 Alex Borg 
    Neil Robertson 6-0 Brian Ochoiski 
  • UK Championship 
    Round 1
    Results

Ashley Carty 6-4 Ali Carter
    Robbie Williams 6-4 Mark Davis
    Ronnie O'Sullivan 6-0 Leo Fernandez
    Hossein Vafaei 6-3 Billy Castle
  • One to add, went on until 1:20am according to snooker org
    Joe O'Connor 6-4 Duane Jones 
  • UK Championship 
    Round 1
    Results

Mark Allen 6-1 Jamie Wilson 
    Xiao Guodong 6-1 Brandon Sargeant 
    Mark Joyce 6-1 Eden Sharav 
    Liang Wenbo 6-3 Allan Taylor 
    Tian Pengfei 6-0 Jamie O'Neil 
    Alexander Ursenbacher 6-3 Nigel Bond 
    What time did the game start?
    Not sure how I missed it off my update lol, it started at 7pm and actually finished just before Midnight, so just under 5 hours(then take off the 15 minutes interval and a few minutes set up in between frames) looking at around 4 and a half hours
  • UK Championship 
    Round 1
    Results

Matt Selt 6-0 Amine Amiri
    Ding Junhui 6-1 Jamie Curtis-Barrett
    Jack Lisowski 6-2 Farakh Ajaib 
    Stuart Carrington 6-5 Barry Pinches 
    Lu Ning 6-4 Ken Doherty 

Rather unfortunate for Ken Doherty if he had won probably 2 rounds here and 1 in the Scottish he would have looked good for a place in The World Grand Prix(which is top 32 on the 1 year list) which would have been a fantastic achievement for him, however now he has lost he probably needs to win 3 rounds in The Scottish Open and he is scheduled to face O'Sullivan in Round 2, so its not looking likely now.

• Also a mention to Matt Selt although he was playing Amiri Amine so was expected to win comfortably, the way he won was fantastic  5 centuries in a best of 11, only 2 other players have ever done that before, Fergal O'Brien and Judd Trump.

• UK Championship 
    Round 1
    Results

Judd Trump 6-1 Paul Davison 
    Kurt Maflin 6-3 Aaron Hill 
    Igor Figueiredo 6-5 Jimmy Robertson 
    Anthony McGill 6-4 Steven Hallworth 
    Elliot Slessor 6-3 Mitchell Mann 

• UK Championship 
    Round 2

Quarter 1

Ding Junhui v David Grace 
    Luca Brecel  v Xiao Guodong 
    Jack Lisowski v Tian Pengfei 
    Oliver Lines v Xu Si 
    Jimmy White v Zhou Yuelong 
    Chang Bingyu v Mark Allen 
    Jak Jones v Simon Lichtenberg 
    Gerard Greene v John Higgins 

Quarter 2

Mark Selby v Liam Highfield 
    Michael Holt v Hossein Vafaei 
    Dave Gilbert v Rob Milkins 
    Barry Hawkins v Robbie Williams 
    Lyu Haotian v Anthony McGill 
    Chen Zifan v Yan Bingtao 
    Li Hang v Zhao Xintong 
    Chris Wakelin v Neil Robertson 

Quarter 3

Judd Trump v Dominic Dale 
    Liang Wenbo v Andy Hicks 
    Mark Williams v Akani Songsermsawad 
    Ashley Carty v Ricky Walden
    Mark King v Graeme Dott 
    Andrew Higginson v Stuart Bingham 
    Jamie Clarke v Kurt Maflin 
    Mark Joyce v Kyren Wilson 

Quarter 4

Shaun Murphy v Elliot Slessor 
    Matt Selt v Lu Ning
    Stephen Maguire v Stuart Carrington 
    Pang Junxu v Noppon Saengkham 
    Igor Figueiredo v Joe Perry 
    Joe O'Connor v Thepchaiya Un-Nooh 
    Jordan Brown v Jamie Jones
    Alexander Ursenbacher v Ronnie O'Sullivan 
  • Sponsored links:

No idea, i haven't been following much of the snooker this week bar looking at results. it said it on snooker.org 2:20, but CET so a late one. 
  • UK Championship 
    Round 1
    Results

Matt Selt 6-0 Amine Amiri
    Ding Junhui 6-1 Jamie Curtis-Barrett
    Jack Lisowski 6-2 Farakh Ajaib 
    Stuart Carrington 6-5 Barry Pinches 
    Lu Ning 6-4 Ken Doherty 

Rather unfortunate for Ken Doherty if he had won probably 2 rounds here and 1 in the Scottish he would have looked good for a place in The World Grand Prix(which is top 32 on the 1 year list) which would have been a fantastic achievement for him, however now he has lost he probably needs to win 3 rounds in The Scottish Open and he is scheduled to face O'Sullivan in Round 2, so its not looking likely now.

Also Jack Lisowski needed to win to get a spot in the masters so currently holds 16th position which would qualilfy. First hour he was 4-0 up in no time, i wish he would find some form, has the talent but doesn't seem to be up for it and needs to learn the safety side like Trump did. 

I wouldn't be surprised if Ronnie skips the Scottish, if he runs deep in this. I assume it will still be at MK? i haven't looked but just think if Ronnie wins UK or gets Semis he will swerve it. That would be a fantastic achievement for Doherty.
  • Also a mention to Matt Selt although he was playing Amiri Amine so was expected to win comfortably, the way he won was fantastic  5 centuries in a best of 11, only 2 other players have ever done that before, Fergal O'Brien and Judd Trump.

I noticed this, always had the game but just seems to lose the plot alot. odd fella, agreed although he was always going to beat Amiri that was very impressive.
  • Quarter 1 - Higgins
    Quarter 2 - Robbo/ Selby , flip up but i'll go Robbo more for bias. Dont mind Selby but Robbo is one of my faves, although i did hear he not the most faithful to his missus, local friend flew out with him and mates, she is female and he basically paid for it, this was a few years ago but still he was married. 
    Quarter 3 - Trump, Even if he gets Wilson i think he will be going for this properly and will take a proper performance to beat him. 
    Quarter 4 - Ronnie, i feel he is in the mood/ mindset to win another

• Neil Robertson has made alot of career maximums

Someone has actually updated the list on Wikipedia as well

• UK Championship 
    Round 2
    Results 

Neil Robertson 6-1 Chris Wakelin 
    Zhou Yuelong 6-1 Jimmy White
    Li Hang 6-3 Zhao Xintong 
    Stephen Maguire 6-4 Stuart Carrington 
    Xiao Guodong 6-5 Luca Brecel
    David Grace 6-5 Ding Junhui 
    Anthony McGill 6-5 Lyu Haotian 
    Chen Zifan 6-5 Yan Bingtao 
  • That Ding result may surprise some people and whilst it is a shock the defending champion being out I am not to surprised, I dont think he really wanted to be there and had already said if crowds were allowed at any point he would most likely pull out as he didnt think it was safe, so I think he was expecting to pull out at some point anyway so knew he wouldnt retain it and probably just wanted to go home lol
  • UK Championship 
    Round 2
    Results

Barry Hawkins 6-1 Jimmy Robertson 
    Xu Si 6-1 Oliver Lines 
    Jak Jones 6-2 Simon Lichtenberg 
    John Higgins 6-3 Gerard Greene 
    Judd Trump 6-3 Dominic Dale 
    Rob Milkins 6-4 Dave Gilbert
    Hossein Vafaei 6-4 Michael Holt 
    Chang Bingyu 6-5 Mark Allen
  • UK Championship 
    Round 2
    Results

Lu Ning 6-0 Matt Selt
    Mark Selby 6-1 Liam Highfield 
    Stuart Bingham 6-1 Andrew Higginson 
    Ricky Walden 6-2 Ashley Carty 
    Joe O'Connor 6-3 Thepchaiya Un-Nooh 
    Graeme Dott 6-4 Mark King 
    Kurt Maflin 6-5 Jamie Clarke 
    Alexander Ursenbacher 6-5 Ronnie O'Sullivan 
  • Lu Ning got 4 centuries in a row in his match in frame 2,3,4 and 5 and then in frame 6 he was on 81 and missed the yellow.

No player has ever got 5 centuries in a row, Ning was 5 balls away from achieving that