Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Snooker updates

Comments

• edited November 2020
    Am i being bias, or is Slessor coming across as a bit of a bellend. A bit cocky but also annoyed me initially the 2nd frame making Ronnie knock the balls around when he needed about 4 snookers and obviously was trying to needle him.

The above aside, he is playing very well surprised his low ranking if he can play like this against Ronnie needs to do more often and against the others, really solid game and looks a modern Ebdon based on this. I have seen him play before but paying particular attention today lol 
    This comment has come back to bite you now after Ronnie played on in frame 1
  • edited November 2020
    Am i being bias, or is Slessor coming across as a bit of a bellend. A bit cocky but also annoyed me initially the 2nd frame making Ronnie knock the balls around when he needed about 4 snookers and obviously was trying to needle him.

The above aside, he is playing very well surprised his low ranking if he can play like this against Ronnie needs to do more often and against the others, really solid game and looks a modern Ebdon based on this. I have seen him play before but paying particular attention today lol 
    This comment has come back to bite you now after Ronnie played on it frame 1
    Yep laughing about it, that wasn't the sole reason i called him a bellend but instantly come back on here as Ronnie doing it now. First frame is slightly different but still that was just on top of other things and how he comes across. i did admit it might be slight bias
  • edited November 2020
    Ben Williams farted during frame 4, no crowd and it was heard loudly, he went so red 

Rumours are it wasnt Ben Williams after all and he was just blamed for it 😂😂
  • Northern Ireland Open 
    Round 3
    Results

Ding Junhui 4-0 Yuan Sijun 
    David Grace 4-3 Michael White 
    Martin Gould 4-1 Andy Hicks
    Yan Bingtao 4-1 Barry Pinches 
    Noppon Saengkham 4-0 Stephen Maguire 
    Thepchaiya Un-Nooh 4-0 Allan Taylor 
    Michael Holt 4-2 Kyren Wilson 
    Ben Woollaston 4-2 Liang Wenbo 
    Scott Donaldson 4-1 Mark Allen
    Kurt Maflin 4-1 Ryan Day
    Zhao Xintong 4-0 Lukas Kleckers 
    Ali Carter 4-2 Dominic Dale 
    Igor Figueiredo 4-3 Zhao Jianbo 
    Judd Trump 4-3 Luca Brecel
    John Higgins 4-0 Matt Selt 
    Ronnie O'Sullivan 4-2 Matthew Stevens 
  • edited November 2020
    Northern Ireland Open 
    Last 16

Quarter 1

Judd Trump v Martin Gould 
    Noppon Saengkham v Scott Donaldson

Quarter 2

Michael Holt v David Grace
    Yan Bingtao v Zhao Xintong

Quarter 3

Ben Woollaston v Ali Carter 
    Igor Figueiredo v Kurt Maflin

Quarter 4

John Higgins v Ding Junhui
    Thepchaiya Un-Nooh  v Ronnie O'Sullivan 

With Wilson going out of Quarter 2 and Allen going out of Quarter 3 today, they now really are anybodies 
  • What do you make of Ronnie going out  the arena after frame 1 lasting under 10 minutes @johnnybev1987

If someone done that to him he would be fuming lol.

Its actually a discussion players are having atm, people going out after frames to often and should it be monitored or not
  • The ref has to say something here.

They have played 3 frames and he has left all 3 times under half an hours play.

Even if he has a dodgy stomach take a tablet or something, you dont need to go that often, if its that bad he shouldn't be playing, what if there is a safety batttle and a frame lasts 40 minutes is he gonna leave the frame 3 or 4 times
  • Northern Ireland Open 
    Last 16
    Results

Kurt Maflin 4-1 Igor Figueiredo 
    David Grace 4-3 Michael Holt
    Scott Donaldson 4-2 Noppon Saengkham 
    Judd Trump 4-1 Martin Gould 
    Ali Carter 4-2 Ben Woollaston 
    Yan Bingtao 4-3 Zhao Xintong 
    Ronnie O'Sullivan 4-2 Thepchaiya Un-Nooh 
    Ding Junhui 4-1 John Higgins 
  • Northern Ireland Open 
    Quarter Final

Judd Trump v Scott Donaldson
    David Grace v Yan Bingtao

Ali Carter v Kurt Maflin
    Ding Junhui v Ronnie O'Sullivan 
  • What do you make of Ronnie going out  the arena after frame 1 lasting under 10 minutes @johnnybev1987

Its actually a discussion players are having atm, people going out after frames to often and should it be monitored or not
    Not really sure what the issue is, they have always gone out for breaks whenever sometimes after the first frame. I missed it i think so cant really comment.

Did anyone watch Ronnies Interview after? I didn't watch much of that match but watched the Un-nooh one. His Interview after the first game was brilliant. He basically said all tables should play like this sometimes, its too easy on some tables and prefers it when people are in and they know they are likely to get another chance. Watch back if you can, he also went to say that its just like playing on a wet football pitch or on an ice rink was one comparison but he enjoys the challenge and shouldn't really be an excuse, as everyone is talking about the tables this week.

Actually following on from that, he did say in the interview he had a dodgy stomach, not much you can do really he has had this problem since September and said the reason he couldn't be in a bubble previously something linked to it, the irony if he pulled out because of a bad stomach im sure everyone would be moaning. If its nothing contagious and he is getting on with it the best he can fairplay.
  • Sponsored links:

• Northern Ireland Open 
    Quarter Final 
    Results

Judd Trump 5-1 Scott Donaldson 
    Ali Carter 5-3 Kurt Maflin
    Ronnie O'Sullivan 5-2 Ding Junhui 
    Dave Grace 5-2 Yan Bingtao 
  • Northern Ireland Open 
    Semi Final

Judd Trump v David Grace

David Grace into his 1st Semi Final since the 2015 UK Championship 

Ronnie O'Sullivan v Ali Carter

First meeting between these 2 since BargeGate

Not really sure what the issue is, they have always gone out for breaks whenever sometimes after the first frame. I missed it i think so cant really comment.

Did anyone watch Ronnies Interview after? I didn't watch much of that match but watched the Un-nooh one. His Interview after the first game was brilliant. He basically said all tables should play like this sometimes, its too easy on some tables and prefers it when people are in and they know they are likely to get another chance. Watch back if you can, he also went to say that its just like playing on a wet football pitch or on an ice rink was one comparison but he enjoys the challenge and shouldn't really be an excuse, as everyone is talking about the tables this week.

Actually following on from that, he did say in the interview he had a dodgy stomach, not much you can do really he has had this problem since September and said the reason he couldn't be in a bubble previously something linked to it, the irony if he pulled out because of a bad stomach im sure everyone would be moaning. If its nothing contagious and he is getting on with it the best he can fairplay.
    I agree with some of this. I would love to see the top players play on some of the crap tables I've had to play on. Cloths that are 3 years old and have no nap, tables that are so slow you can't get the white past the blue from the break or have a couple of dead cushions. 
  • Northern Ireland Open 
    Semi Final
    Results

Ronnie O'Sullivan 6-3 Ali Carter 

Judd Trump 6-2 David Grace
  • So its a Trump v O'Sullivan final at The Northern Ireland Open just like it was in 2018 and 2019

In 2018- Judd Trump 9-7 Ronnie O'Sullivan 
    In 2019- Judd Trump 9-7 Ronnie O'Sullivan 

Wouldn't bet against the same score tomorrow 
  • JUDD TRUMP IS NORTHERN IRELAND OPEN CHAMPION 

• Northern Ireland Open 
    Final

Judd Trump 9-7 Ronnie O'Sullivan 

Third year in a row the final has seen the same 2 playerd and the exact same result
  • After winning the English Open and Northern Ireland Open if Trump wins the Scottish Open, If I was him I wouldn't even enter the Welsh Open.

Could you imagine how painful it would be, the year the million pound bonus is removed and you win all 4 lol
  • Interestingly because the matches are longer(best of 11 frames) the early session starts at 9am and the afternoon session at 2pm and there are only 6 matches on at a time.

And despite that 2 matches still havent finished before the 2pm matches start on day 1
  • UK Championship 
    Round 1
    Results

Xu Si W/O Anthony Hamilton 
    Mark Williams 6-0 Ben Hancorn 
    Yan Bingtao 6-4 Sean Maddocks 
    Li Hang 6-3 Fraser Patrick
    Pang Junxu 6-4 Tom Ford 
    David Grace 6-4 Ian Burns
  • Sponsored links:

• UK Championship 
    Round 1
    Results

Chang Bingyu 6-4 Sam Craigie 
    Graeme Dott 6-1 Zhao Jianbo 
    Mark Selby 6-4 Michael White 
    Jamie Clarke 6-5 Martin O'Donnell 
    Simon Lichtenberg 6-3 Scott Donaldson 
    Jak Jones W/O Ryan Day
  • UK Championship 
    Round 1
    Results

Barry Hawkins 6-1 Riley Parsons 
    John Higgins 6-1 Fergal O'Brien 
    Andy Hicks 6-5 Ben Woollaston 
    Gerard Greene 6-4 Daniel Wells
  • edited November 2020
    Already delays this morning due to testing, so this will knock on. This could get quite messy with the schedule today... 

Well done Trump, expected victory against Ronnie. I just think he has his number at the moment so rightfully was slight fave and i backed him too so i was win/win , Ronnie wins would have been happy. 

Hard to call this week, Selby is due a big win. quite a few not far off top form so think it will be wide open and not formality for Trump or Ronnie, although have a slight feeling Ronnie might (probably bias/heart over head lol). Maguire as an outsider possibly? 

The four matches running behind, bare in mind scheduled to start at 9, have started at 11:
    Luca Brecel v Peifan
    Highfield v Page
    Haotin v Vahedi
    Sijun v Sifan

one bonus, i dont think any of the above are slow players so its not impossible to catch up, but bound to affect the days play.
  • 147 KYREN WILSON

Kyren Wilson gets the 162nd 147 in Snooker history and his 3rd, his last came in 2020 Welsh Open
  • The morning session finally ended so I can update the results one of the matches was only delayed by an hour and it still took over 6 hours for the 11 frames
  • UK Championship 
    Round 1
    Results 

Stephen Maguire 6-1 Iulian Boiko 
    Thepchaiya Un-Nooh 6-2 Lukas Kleckers 
    Luca Brecel 6-2 Lei Peifan 
    Lyu Haotian 6-4 Soheil Vahedi 
    Liam Highfield 6-3 Jackson Page 
    Chen Zifan 6-5 Yuan Sijun 

• The morning session finally ended so I can update the results one of the matches was only delayed by an hour and it still took over 6 hours for the 11 frames
    You know they didn't start until 11, so thats 5 hours, less breaks.  not exactly slow just the knock on which i did point out above, you might not have read it/seen. 
    You know they didn't start until 11, so thats 5 hours, less breaks.  not exactly slow just the knock on which i did point out above, you might not have read it/seen. 
    Commentators said Zifan v Sijun were only delayed by an hour hence why I said it was over 6 hours to complete, because it was
    Commentators said Zifan v Sijun were only delayed by an hour hence why I said it was over 6 hours to complete, because it was
    I was watching live scores at the time, i had a bet on it. It started at 11.
  • edited November 2020
    The morning session finally ended so I can update the results one of the matches was only delayed by an hour and it still took over 6 hours for the 11 frames
    I was watching live scores at the time, i had a bet on it. It started at 11.
    People at the venue said it started at 10, we have seen previously the live scores are not always accurate and have actually stopped working, I am more inclined to belive the people at the venue rather than lives scores for outside tables.

At the end of the day does it really fucking matter