Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Beer

Comments

• Options
    They don't half write some pretentious twaddle on beer labels these days don't they! 

Couple of sours I've tried recently...

Top one looked like a fruit juice but was actually very good. Bottom one, nice label(!) but only an average beer. 
  • Options
    Been drinking a lot of beer from Tring Brewery recently, as I've been walking in that part of the Chilterns and collecting draught beer from the brewery on my way home

Really like their session pale ale, nicely hopped but not OTT like many of the American style IPAs, and very tasty for its relatively low strength

• Options
    Titanic plum porter is lovely.

Also like Adnams Broadside 
  • Options

• Options

Love the Titanic Plum Porter

The Exmouth Arms next to Euston station regularly had it on draught before lockdown, don't know if they still have it now
  • Options
    Couple from last night...

Top one was a very decent red ale but the second one was a step up and you could get quite messy drinking a few of these on a hot summers evening.

At just £1.30 and £1.90 each from Sainsbury it would rude not to.
    Hobgoblin ruby is 399 in Aldi for 4 x 500ml cans 
  • Options
    Canadian brewery, 'Hell's Basement' has called its New Zealand pale ale huruhuru.

It now transpires that huruhuru is the Maori name for pubic hair, so probably not the best drink when you're spitting feathers.

• Options
    https://www.flavourly.com/I/MSE24BV1
    for new customers (email address)
    looks like a good selection
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    There's a lot going on with this one...

...but I'm a bit unconvinced tbh. Gets better the further into it you get but the lemon is slightly overpowering. 
  • Options
    Slumbering Monk - Joules from Market Drayton 4.5% made my Sunday
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    Tempted by the Brewdog advent calendar but then I put enough weight on over Christmas without adding 24 extra beers in!

£50 too, not the most expensive but still not cheap.
  • Options
    There's a lot going on with this one...

...but I'm a bit unconvinced tbh. Gets better the further into it you get but the lemon is slightly overpowering. 
    Lemon, hmmm sounds nice.
  • Options
    I know it's early to start thinking of beer advent calendars BUT...if you are... I thoroughly recommend the one that Hop Burns & Black put together. So much better than any of those ones that the likes of Beerhawk etc put together (that's full of beers you can buy in the supermarket)..this is the real deal.. Yes it's expensive (£99) but it really doesn't disappoint and it is actually craft. Cheers
  • Options
    That Peroni Garn Riserva is gorgeous. It's currently on some sort of bogof deal at Morrissons. 
  • Options
    Chorlton Pale Ale. Only bought it for the name!

• Options
    Had a very nice Pale Ale from Common Rioters, the Plumstead Brewers who have a stall at the Royal Arsenal Farmer's Market - called Goddess is Good. 
  • Options

Couple from the weekend. Very different from each other but both nice in their own way. Top one, very fruity, almost tropical, taste coming through. Bottom one with an old fashioned brown ale thing going on. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    So now the ownership is sorted & we are heading back to the premiership can we start refocusing upon the important things we’ve been neglecting?

Starting with beer.

BrewDog Elvis Juice & Clockwork Tangerine 🍊 
  • Options
    This is very nice. Reminiscent of Leffe Blonde, but perhaps a little sharper. Going cheap in Aldi.

• Options
    Selection tonight at the local micro pub (The Paper Mill, Sittingbourne)

• Options
    edited September 2020

Only been once but was very impressed- great (but tiny) micro pub!

Donna’s Alehouse worth a visit & if I’m feeling flushed The Admirals Arms on the Island - great beer but silly prices.

Tend to go to the Cellars Alehouse, or The Flowerpot in Maidstone. Both hangouts of Maidstone supporters, but they are a friendly lot when we roll in after Charlton homes games.

The Black Dog in Whitstable is worth a visit as is the Tankerton Arms - both v good micro pubs.

As well as missing the cricket & Ramblin Man, I’ve really missed the Kent (Canterbury - July) & Mid Kent (East Malling - September) beer festivals this year!
  • Options
    IAgree said:

Only been once but was very impressed- great (but tiny) micro pub!

Donna’s Alehouse worth a visit & if I’m feeling flushed The Admirals Arms on the Island - great beer but silly prices.

Tend to go to the Cellars Alehouse, or The Flowerpot in Maidstone. Both hangouts of Maidstone supporters, but they are a friendly lot when we roll in after Charlton homes games.

The Black Dog in Whitstable is worth a visit as is the Tankerton Arms - both v good micro pubs.

As well as missing the cricket & Ramblin Man, I’ve really missed the Kent (Canterbury - July) & Mid Kent (East Malling - September) beer festivals this year!
    Not tried Donna's Ale House or the Admiral's Arms (which I'm told is the best micropub in the area) as yet, but both on the list. Also want to try the Yellow Stocks, despite a mate saying that it's an excellent pub, with an excellent selection, ruined by terrible owners
  • Options
    Not a fruit based sour or a hoppy IPA but I have found Carling Premier on Amazon and it tastes just like 1998. Carling is revolting piss but premier, ooooh ya

Last night involved a lot of Stella, Red Stripe and Hop House 13 

As an addition I discovered a very drinkable zero percent alcohol (I know) beer called Bavaria which I had a handful of when visiting friends last month. Never found a non alcoholic beer I could tolerate more than a mouthful of before but this one is OK. I'd never drink it if indoors but if driving and visiting people I absolutely would 

Elvis Juice is still king of the IPA in my house and any establishment I visit, brew dog gone all out on the clever PR over this pandemic from making hand sanitiser to the Barnard Castle Eye test to becoming zero carbon and planting trees all over the shop, to fabricating a war then kissing and making up with Aldi. I know they are expensive and rely heavily on citrus flavours but Elvis juice alone is enough for me to forgive them that 

Zombie Cake is a pretty nice stout/porter as well 
  • Options
    Carter said:
    Not a fruit based sour or a hoppy IPA but I have found Carling Premier on Amazon and it tastes just like 1998. Carling is revolting piss but premier, ooooh ya

Last night involved a lot of Stella, Red Stripe and Hop House 13 

As an addition I discovered a very drinkable zero percent alcohol (I know) beer called Bavaria which I had a handful of when visiting friends last month. Never found a non alcoholic beer I could tolerate more than a mouthful of before but this one is OK. I'd never drink it if indoors but if driving and visiting people I absolutely would 

Elvis Juice is still king of the IPA in my house and any establishment I visit, brew dog gone all out on the clever PR over this pandemic from making hand sanitiser to the Barnard Castle Eye test to becoming zero carbon and planting trees all over the shop, to fabricating a war then kissing and making up with Aldi. I know they are expensive and rely heavily on citrus flavours but Elvis juice alone is enough for me to forgive them that 

Zombie Cake is a pretty nice stout/porter as well 
    I think 5am Saint is my favourite by Brewdog, but I'm a sucker for a decent red ale