Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Has SCP gone as far as he can go?

It goes without saying that the man is an absolute legend,but after today's abject performance is it time to start to question whether there is a need to bring in someone who has more tactical nuance?

If this is the quality our performance that we can expect from our home games then I am going to seriously think about whether It is worth the total misery of it all.

Comments

• Options
    Yes. The flat cap was an accessory too far.
  • Options
    Powelly is god but tactical genius he aint for sure.. but then have to remember thisis hisfirst ever stint as a number 1 and is going to be niaive, only worry is that its clear dyer peacock ect dont have the balls to tell him its not working.
  • Options
    I will criticise who ever I chose, player or management, but Charlton are my team.

I suggest you go and support Chelsea,or Arsenal if that's,your attitude.
  • Options
    He's managing a pretty poor quality team when compared to the rest of the league.

We've got 0 money at the moment, and there's no manager that could possibly take over right now that would be better than Powell.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    No. In fact I hope this is only the start of Powell's journey with us.

Perspective: our budget.
  • Options
    Warnock
  • Options
    The reason why we take the effort to posts comments on here is because Charlton are our team and we care.
  • Options
    Great manager , still learning as a manager and glad he's doing that with us. The problem with clubs now is that they chop and change constantly I would hate it if we fell in with the rest of them .
  • Options
    No.

He's had his budget consistently reduced, he has essentially been managing with one hand behind his back - and in general doing a bloody good job. After we beat Doncaster were you asking this question ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Where do you think we should we be with this squad and budget?
  • Options

The reason why we take the effort to posts comments on here is because Charlton are our team and we care.

but you stated you were considering whether its worth it. By all means question players and management, but you questioned your own commitment to Charlton in whole. No football club needs fans like that.
  • Options
    If we have a takeover he needs to be given the chance to show what he can do with the money and the so called "better" players.

In SCP we trust!
  • Options
    Given the contract uncertainty for most of the team and himself as well as the lack of investment in the team he is doing as well with the resources available as any realist can expect.

100% Support from me still.
  • Options
    I agree we should get rid of him ASAP. With the amount he has done with so little money he should be running the country not a football team.
  • Options
    Strange username??
  • Options
    He's brilliant. He's taken this team as farms it can go because it's limited in quality and size (numerically). When he gets his new,a Championship quality team we'll really see what he can do.
  • Options
    FFS, here we go.
  • Options
    head to ittv. they would love you over there.
  • Options
    The team is only going to get so far on the current investment levels.

CP did get it wrong today though in defence. Why no Wood ? Morrison and Wood seemed a solid central defence combination. Wood is a leader, Dervite is not. Maybe Harriots got an attitude problem to adjust which is why he did not make the subs bench and am ok with that. Needed out on the left though.

With a little investment and more quality available Charlton and CP will do fine.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

He's brilliant. He's taken this team as farms it can go because it's limited in quality and size (numerically). When he gets his new,a Championship quality team we'll really see what he can do.

This 100%. He's taken a League One side to a top ten Championship finish, and we're so close to teams much higher than us in the table even this. A couple of wins, a little run, and the table will look very different too.

I thought of Curbs today. Didn't get too overexcited by a win or too despondent with a loss. We could learn a thing or two.
  • Options
    vff said:

The team is only going to get so far on the current investment levels.

CP did get it wrong today though in defence. Why no Wood ? Morrison and Wood seemed a solid central defence combination. Wood is a leader, Dervite is not. Maybe Harriots got an attitude problem to adjust which is why he did not make the subs bench and am ok with that. Needed out on the left though.

With a little investment and more quality available Charlton and CP will do fine.

I thought Dervite was possibly our best player today.

Wood is still recovering from injury isn't he?
  • Options
    Are you saying that investment is the only answer and that SCP can't get anymore out of his current squad?
  • Options
    Today was always going to be a hangover game , Donny at home was such a breeze in my years of supporting Charlton they never perform how you expect they are going to perform , i predicted a draw before todays game and 4 points for the last 2 games , i'm not quite sure what your expecting.

Sure was a lacklustre performance from Charlton today , but given rumblings about wages problems , we should have seen this one coming, i wonder how peed off / frustrated CP is about it all?
  • Options
    Wood is fit and ready but why would SCP drop Dervite after Tuesday night ?
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    We don't know if he has taken us as far as he can. Most managers would struggle in the squad situation he has. he does have problems tactically, but that was a complaint that Man U fans had with Ferguson, so most managers are criticised by their fans at some stage, a few points off relegation zone of course there will be criticism.

If we do get new owners then it will be interesting to see if they pull out a new contract, I suspect and this is what I would do, they will watch and wait, give him the opportunity to bring new players in on loan over January and see how he performs.

However CP performs, I will attend the mathces because I support Charlton not CP, not TJ, not JJ through the good times and the bad times I'm here
  • Options
    He makes mistakes but who doesn't. Yes he has gone as far as he can go with this set of players because they are not good enough. He has not been allowed to sufficiently improve the squad and that is why we are doing as poorly as we are at the moment. Give him the same resources as a Leicester or Forest and he will get us out of he Championship in my opinion.
  • Options
    No.

• Options
    110% support from me - think he is working absolute miracles in keeping our heads above water
  • Options
    SCP is the man for the job, simple as that. He will make mistakes as we all do, sure he will learn from them. With the limited squad and budget at his disposal it's always going to be a tough season.