Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Has SCP gone as far as he can go?

Comments

• Options
    Man alive
  • Options

He makes mistakes but who doesn't. Yes he has gone as far as he can go with this set of players because they are not good enough. He has not been allowed to sufficiently improve the squad and that is why we are doing as poorly as we are at the moment. Give him the same resources as a Leicester or Forest and he will get us out of he Championship in my opinion.

This times 1000.

And what if he had the same resources as QPR? Who today surrendered a lead to Doncaster and went home pointless. QPR's resources compared to the rest are on a par with Bayern's in the Bundesliga. You don't see Bayern losing away at Augsburg or wherever. They roll over everybody. Give CP half of what Redknapp has and he will piss on this league

• Options

He makes mistakes but who doesn't. Yes he has gone as far as he can go with this set of players because they are not good enough. He has not been allowed to sufficiently improve the squad and that is why we are doing as poorly as we are at the moment. Give him the same resources as a Leicester or Forest and he will get us out of he Championship in my opinion.

This times 1000.

And what if he had the same resources as QPR? Who today surrendered a lead to Doncaster and went home pointless. QPR's resources compared to the rest are on a par with Bayern's in the Bundesliga. You don't see Bayern losing away at Augsburg or wherever. They roll over everybody. Give CP half of what Redknapp has and he will piss on this league

I hope he has the chance for us to find out and you are right. I'm not totally convinced, but hope to be wrong.
  • Options
    I think he should be made an ACV...
  • Options
    As a group today- they were ALL clueless! No craft, no energy, no quality, no shots - indefensible I'm afraid today - bringing on JP was the worst sub I can remember. All need a long hard look in the mirror
  • Options
    Lost to a stronger and better side, where there ex scumwall manager has been given the resources to turn them into a mid table championship team. Give Powell something to work with and then come back to us
  • Options
    shirty5 said:

Lost to a stronger and better side, where there ex scumwall manager has been given the resources to turn them into a mid table championship team. Give Powell something to work with and then come back to us

He's had 2 seasons to improve the quality of the team and the style. He needs to up his game now. We were mid table last season.
  • Options

shirty5 said:

He's had 2 seasons to improve the quality of the team and the style. He needs to up his game now. We were mid table last season.
    What position was we in this time last season. The squad is weaker than last season. Unless someone backs the manager with the funds to play with then expect the secarnio what is front of your eyes right now
  • Options
    I love FIFA mentality
  • Options

As a group today- they were ALL clueless! No craft, no energy, no quality, no shots - indefensible I'm afraid today - bringing on JP was the worst sub I can remember. All need a long hard look in the mirror

Actually didn't think it was that bad. Defeat feels bad yes, but as against Leeds there was a some craft, energy and quality (granted not many shots) just ipswich had a bit more of all those things and must have done something right defensively!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    limeygent said:

I think he should be made an ACV...

New Year's Honours' List is rumoured.....

• Options
    We're people calling for curbs head after 3 years of management? I believe CP could be here for years.
  • Options
    It really is depressing knowing that this sort of thread is going to come up EVERY time we lose a game at home.
  • Options
    shirty5 said:

shirty5 said:

What position was we in this time last season. The squad is weaker than last season. Unless someone backs the manager with the funds to play with then expect the secarnio what is front of your eyes right now
    If the squad is weaker, the manager is generally to blame - we don't tend to get loans right so waste precious funds
  • Options
    DMCDMC
    edited November 2013
    you would get on well with Roman Ibramovic. As long as we don't sell these academy lads, and as long as we do not sack chris powell who epitomizes what charlton is in terms of its family feel and friendliness as well as being an incredible manager I can see us back in the premiership in 4 years. Its a big call but I have faith in chris powell and his ethics.
    Charlton is more than just a football club.
  • Options
    Woodollie said:

Were people calling for curbs head after 3 years of management? I believe CP could be here for years.

Yes they were. They also preferred Gritt to Curbs, called for his head after the run of losses in the 1st Prem season.

• Options
    He is taking the current squad much further than I thought he could, without his ability, and the staff he has around him I dread to think what might be occurring.
    I admit to not knowing anything much about anything much, but from my perspective Chris Powell is manifestly the right man for the job, and within the constraints is doing very well indeed.
    I hope there are people close to Chris reminding him how well he is doing.
  • Options
    Scp was definitely to blame today. He should have put his boots on so we wouldnt have to watch a left back overhit and underhit passes all through the match...
  • Options
    I think it's fair enough to ask the question. I don't know if you expect a sensible answer, I hope you are just worried and despondent after today. One win and we are aghast when we get beaten again next game. We don't learn, do we?
    Anyway. No. I don't think he has taken Charlton as far as we can go. He may have taken this team of players as far as they can go - and that is probably above their natural level. This team are succeeding brilliantly, playing above their weight consistently enough to keep us above the relegation spots. That is managerial nous, right there. Tactical nous? Tactics will get you so far. If your car is an old Mondeo you can drive like a fucking lunatic, you can be the smartest operator on the track, but you are still gonna get beaten when the Merc finally manages to overtake you, as it will, even if you have managed to scratch it up a bit on the way past.
  • Options
    He's gone as far as anyone could go with these players and this budget. Give him time and money and we'll see the performances and results to match. He makes mistakes, but very rarely the same mistake twice.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    seth plum said:

He is taking the current squad much further than I thought he could, without his ability, and the staff he has around him I dread to think what might be occurring.
    I admit to not knowing anything much about anything much, but from my perspective Chris Powell is manifestly the right man for the job, and within the constraints is doing very well indeed.
    I hope there are people close to Chris reminding him how well he is doing.

well said
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    If I'd bothered to read other people's post I could have saved myself the trouble of composing my own. I agree.
  • Options

No. In fact I hope this is only the start of Powell's journey with us.

Perspective: our budget.

I agree.
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

Given the contract uncertainty for most of the team and himself as well as the lack of investment in the team he is doing as well with the resources available as any realist can expect.

100% Support from me still.

And this.
  • Options
    Stop worrying, we will be worth a billion dollars plus on Monday.
  • Options
    edited November 2013

shirty5 said:

shirty5 said:

If the squad is weaker, the manager is generally to blame - we don't tend to get loans right so waste precious funds
    So who would you like in charge then?
  • Options
    Jayajosh said:

Stop worrying, we will be worth a billion dollars plus on Monday.

Rials, I think you mean.
  • Options
    SCP IS THE RIGHT MAN FOR THE JOB
  • Options
    shows that the lack of investment in the squad is making us suffer

however the lack of thought in todays game in how to over come in the final 3rd was not just down to personnel but a lack of belief in the tactics

going long is a lazy and poor thing to do
  • Options
    but in answer to the question

no he needs more money to build