Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Ronnie Biggs RIP

Comments

• edited December 2013
    First thing he said to stanley mathews when Stanley visited at his home in rio was ' How are Charlton Athletic doing?'

According to Wikipedia.
  • RIP Ronnie Biggs
  • See a photo of him in an Arsenal top
  • msomerton said:

unless relatives why. No one here said rip to the train driver crippled by himand his pals, who died early due to his injuries.

fair enough. I was just pointing out a connection with Charlton as it was on a Charlton forum. I feel no grief for this man who i didn't know and was infamous and not famous.
  • Charlton Life weren't going in the early 70s
  • Rip dead criminal yaaaay
  • Biggs was a life long criminal and a deserter from the RAF.

RIP Jack Mills the driver coshed by the gang that Biggs was part of.

This!

Hope Biggs rots in hell.
  • Sponsored links:

This

• Think the word THIS will be very prominent to the last couple of posts. He is a criminal, and as people point out, nobody gives a thought to his victims. Glad he is dead. Scum.

But Henry, he was an old school criminal and deserter, so it's fine ...
  • You know what, seeing people like this guy, makes me wonder where the justice is in life. And when I say justice, I am thinking back to the many people on this forum (including myself) who have seen loved one's suffer from illness and die young. Good people, who certainly didnt commit criminal acts like him. Yet he has got so much more out of life than he deserved. It is just plain wrong.

R.I.P. Jack Mills
  • The man who knew where the NHS is when you need it.

R.I.P. Jack Mills

It is interesting but Jack Mills only received £250 in compensation.

If anyone is interested read his Wiki page.No Hollywood blockbuster or life in Rio for him and his family.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Mills
  • edited December 2013
    RIP to the victims of crimes and terrorism throughout the world, it goes without saying that. By old school, I mean the likes of Biggs would not have stabbed or shot someone in the street for a fiver like today.

100% RIP to Jack Mills.

Sorry if there was any offence caused, but "yay" and "rot in hell"? Come on
  • Don`t apologise for posting it Rob, if people don`t agree that`s up to them. That`s the beauty of discussion!
  • Coincided with Great Train Robbery programme on BBC today and tomorrow. Tonights episode is the robbers story, tomorrows is the police investigation. I'm interested to see more on the police investigation side as it's never really mentioned, only the robbery.
  • Sponsored links:

• BIG_ROB said:

RIP to the victims of crimes and terrorism throughout the world, it goes without saying that. By old school, I mean the likes of Biggs would not have stabbed or shot someone in the street for a fiver like today.

100% RIP to Jack Mills.

Sorry but I have to come back again.

Poor Jack Mills was assaulted for a lot more money than a fiver and I don't think anyone would attempt an RIP thread for someone who acted in the way you describe.

• I bet he loved his mum!
  • The Ronnie Biggs story was really quite extraordinary when you look back on it.

I mean, how does one of the most wanted criminals in the country escape from jail (was it the Scrubs?) and make his way all the way to Oz where he lives in suburbia for a couple of years before getting rumbled and heading off to Brazil? Its an amazing story.

Of course, you have to feel massive sympathy for Jack Mills and his family but the GTR will always be one of the most notorious crimes of the 20th century and a fascinating tale of human greed and - in the end - frailty.

All those years in Brazil and all Biggs ever really wanted to do was to come back to London - not to prison obviously - and live the simple life he once had, it certainly makes you think.

This!

Hope Biggs rots in hell.
    Fortunately, I think the rotting process started before he actually died.
  • I thought Biggs died years ago.
    Good ridden to bad rubbish
  • Only did it to his own (except the train driver but that was in the course of 'work' so it doesn't count)
  • edited December 2013
    Richard J said:

BIG_ROB said:

100% RIP to Jack Mills.

Sorry but I have to come back again.

Poor Jack Mills was assaulted for a lot more money than a fiver and I don't think anyone would attempt an RIP thread for someone who acted in the way you describe.

Like it or not, kids from certain areas and backgrounds look up to a certain type of criminal of a certain time. Boys from me old mans generation might've liked the outlaws of the wild west and me and my pals would look at the likes of Biggs and the Krays for whatever reason. Kids these days look up to today's criminals and this is why you'll see 3 seperate stories on BBC London this morning about stabbings involving 17-18 year old lads.

RIP Ronnie Biggs

Old School!
  • The Ronnie Biggs story was really quite extraordinary when you look back on it.

I mean, how does one of the most wanted criminals in the country escape from jail (was it the Scrubs?) and make his way all the way to Oz where he lives in suburbia for a couple of years before getting rumbled and heading off to Brazil? Its an amazing story.

Of course, you have to feel massive sympathy for Jack Mills and his family but the GTR will always be one of the most notorious crimes of the 20th century and a fascinating tale of human greed and - in the end - frailty.

All those years in Brazil and all Biggs ever really wanted to do was to come back to London - not to prison obviously - and live the simple life he once had, it certainly makes you think.

Yeah, the simple life: scrounging benefits, accommodation and free hospital treatment off people that actually paid some taxes on their earnings.
    Utter scum.
  • Wilma said:

Coincided with Great Train Robbery programme on BBC today and tomorrow. Tonights episode is the robbers story, tomorrows is the police investigation. I'm interested to see more on the police investigation side as it's never really mentioned, only the robbery.

so you are saying the bbc killed him to boost ratings?
    Maybe, maybe not.....