Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Ronnie Biggs RIP

Comments

• what happended to the 'as usual if you have nothing nice to say, dont post' warning on a RIP thread?

Glad he is dead myself
  • edited December 2013
    E-cafc said:

I`m quite sure some of them committed atrocities in their quest so yes they could be guilty of murder! All`s fair in love and war as they say!

Whose "some of them"? The comparison was Mandela v Biggs.

And as for "all fair in love and war" Biggs wasn't engaged in a war against an oppressive regime was he? No, in fact this "old school criminal" was a deserter from the RAF so again the comparison fails on both counts.
  • edited December 2013
    Did you know that Adolf Hitler had a sister called Paula?
  • Henry IrvingHenry Irving Member
    8:35AM said
    Biggs was a life long criminal and a deserter from the RAF.
    RIP Jack Mills the driver coshed by the gang that Biggs was part of.

Excellent comment Henry, my views exactly, could not have put it better!

• I wasnt comparing the two as regards to what they both did its the fact it was a RIP thread.I have my opinions on how Mandela did things but wouldn't voice them on a RIP thread.
  • The guy got to rest in peace a fair bit while he was alive. More than pretty much anyone else on this thread. RIP is an utterly meaningless phrase, but the defence of the guy is pretty mad.

Still don't get why the Profumo affair makes it ok LincsAddick. That didn't quite add up to me.
  • I'm currently making arrangements for the funeral of my dad who sadly passed unexpectedly on Saturday at the age of 67. He served his country in the army and his community as a fireman. He harmed no one in his life and got his pleasure from seeing the happiness of others.

So excuse me if I don't shed a tear for an old scrote who should have served his time like a man instead of sunning himself in Brazil.

Sorry to hear of your loss AUN. May he R.I.P.
  • I'm currently making arrangements for the funeral of my dad who sadly passed unexpectedly on Saturday at the age of 67. He served his country in the army and his community as a fireman. He harmed no one in his life and got his pleasure from seeing the happiness of others.

So excuse me if I don't shed a tear for an old scrote who should have served his time like a man instead of sunning himself in Brazil.

Sorry for you loss AUN and I know who of your father and Biggs I respect as "Old School"

• Biggs was a life long criminal and a deserter from the RAF.

this. not deserving of such a thread.

• Sponsored links:

• Sorry to hear that AUN, sympathies to you and your family. Your Dad sounds like a thoroughly decent man.
  • Old School, what does that mean exactly? He was a thief a liar and a womaniser, so I won't be mourning his death. Why do we lionise people like Biggs and the Krays?
  • edited December 2013

I'm currently making arrangements for the funeral of my dad who sadly passed unexpectedly on Saturday at the age of 67. He served his country in the army and his community as a fireman. He harmed no one in his life and got his pleasure from seeing the happiness of others.

May your dad Rest In Peace .. 67 is far too young an age .. my condolences
  • If you've got nothing nice to say, say nothing!
  • Greenie said:

If you've got nothing nice to say, say nothing!

Get off your knees man.

So sorry to hear of your sad loss mate, please accept my condolences.
  • iainment said:

Greenie said:

Get off your knees man.

What's that supposed to mean?
  • edited December 2013
    Greenie said:

iainment said:

Greenie said:

Get off your knees man.

Don't venerate or sanitise the ill deeds of the dead. If they were wrong uns it should be said.

Yeah but it makes you look like a naughty geezer if you say RIP to old criminal
  • iainment said:

Greenie said:

iainment said:

Greenie said:

Get off your knees man.

Don't venerate or sanitise the ill deeds of the dead. If they were wrong uns it should be said.
    i dont think he was sanitising anything, simply pointing out that someones death is not an excuse to suddenly start c#nting them off.
  • Sponsored links:

• iainment said:

Greenie said:

iainment said:

Greenie said:

Get off your knees man.

Really? Following ur thinking , I could citeThatcher. But like I said its about respect for the dead!
  • Ronnie Biggs - salt of the earth! Well soon will be!
  • msomerton said:

unless relatives why. No one here said rip to the train driver crippled by himand his pals, who died early due to his injuries.

I would have done - had I been able to as a baby and were this website, or indeed any others, around
  • One of my favourite pass times is slagging à dead bloke i didn' even know from Adam in order to increase an image of having à perfect life and being of à higher social status.

Because i am holier than all of you.

Yeah but it makes you look like a naughty geezer if you say RIP to old criminal
    But if I slag the old criminal off from behind a stupid username on a forum, I look even naughtier.
  • edited December 2013
    Not sure the Charlton wiki thing is true
  • One of my favourite pass times is slagging à dead bloke i didn' even know from Adam in order to increase an image of having à perfect life and being of à higher social status.

I've personally not been sentenced to 30 years in jail or robbed millions of pounds so I've no doubt about where we all stand up against Ronnie Biggs on the social status front.
  • Greenie said:

iainment said:

Greenie said:

iainment said:

Greenie said:

Get off your knees man.

Really? Following ur thinking , I could citeThatcher. But like I said its about respect for the dead!
    I've never understood giving respect to someone just because they're dead. If they deserve respect then give it, if not don't. I just don't think Biggs is worth any respect.
    Why be a hypocrite? (and this is not aimed particularly at you)
  • Greenie said:

iainment said:

Greenie said:

iainment said:

Greenie said:

Get off your knees man.

I was stopped from saying what I wanted to say about Thatcher on here when she died.

Double Like