Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Most famous sports person youv met ??

Comments

• Options
    Jose Mourinho.
  • Options
    Bob Woolmer.Top quality man did a coaching course I was on.
  • Options
    Meet Peter crouch and abbey in kingston
  • Options
    Pat Jennings
    Bob Wilson
    Ricky Villa (used to be the postman for him and Ossie Ardilles)
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

Rachael Heyhoe Flint, Baroness Heyhoe Flint, OBE visited our junior school in 1960 and did some coaching. In later life Steve Davis, Seve Ballesteros and Arnold Palmer. And although not that famous in the overall scheme of things, loads of Charlton players down the years from Mike Bailey to Peacock, Killer, Curbs, Walshie, Bolder, Penfold, Super Clive, Parker, Yann, JJ and CP to name but a few.

Sad to see that Rachel Heyhoe-Flint has died.
    RIP
  • Options
    So naff that it's good... (maybe)

Got in Eddie Hearn's way at a Pret a Manger in Gatwick South Terminal - I didn't see, but he was behind me as I rummaged about in from of him trying to find a decent sandwich. Apparently he reached out a couple of times to grab one just as I moved across and cut him off. He "looked rattled, but didn't say anything".

He also didn't say a word to his absolute rocket of a Mrs. the whole time, both had a face like a smacked arse - so I figured they'd had the classic airport tiff.
  • Options
    Chizz said:

RedChaser said:

Rachael Heyhoe Flint, Baroness Heyhoe Flint, OBE visited our junior school in 1960 and did some coaching. In later life Steve Davis, Seve Ballesteros and Arnold Palmer. And although not that famous in the overall scheme of things, loads of Charlton players down the years from Mike Bailey to Peacock, Killer, Curbs, Walshie, Bolder, Penfold, Super Clive, Parker, Yann, JJ and CP to name but a few.

Sad to see that Rachel Heyhoe-Flint has died.
    RIP
    Sad indeed, RIP Rachel :disappointed:
  • Options
    Sir Vivian Richards
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    Been luck enough to meet and chat to
    Mike Tyson
    David Haye
    Amir Khan
    Dave Boy Green
    Kevin Keegan
    Harry Redknapp
    Teddy Sheringham
    Gary Nelson
    Peter Nicol
    Phil Tufnell
    Ronnie Irani
    Matt Dawson
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2017
    Met Geoff Hurst at a football presentation after a tournament down in bournemouth in about 2002. I was only 7 at the time, had his photo with every boy and presented them with their trophy. I remember I said to him 'Thanks for the hat rick!' in my high pitched voice and he laughed. Still got the photo in my room :-)
  • Options
    Smoked a large Cohiba in the Grosvenor House toilets with Martin Johnson and Josh Lucy. Cruised round the med with Keith Peacock. Yesterday at 11am had a conversation with Chris Cowderey and told him my old man used to take me swimming to Eltham baths every Sunday morning just because Sir Colin Cowderey used to take him. Apparently me and Chris used to splash about whilst my dad questioned Colin on the latest team selection.
    Had a few boozy lunches with Dennis Compton. Not the nicest man I ever met.
  • Options

Been luck enough to meet and chat to
    Mike Tyson
    David Haye
    Amir Khan
    Dave Boy Green
    Kevin Keegan
    Harry Redknapp
    Teddy Sheringham
    Gary Nelson
    Peter Nicol
    Phil Tufnell
    Ronnie Irani
    Matt Dawson

What were they like?
  • Options
    Bobby Charlton, Graham Gooch, Ian StJohn, Sam Bartram, Nigel Benn, Chris Eubanks, Henry Cooper, Terry Downes, and literally scores of Charlton players....too many to mention but sadly, never my all time favourite Stuart Leary.
  • Options
    Robert Lee when he signed his bleeding awful book.
  • Options
    Shook Henry Coopers left hand when I was in the Scouts.
  • Options
    Brian Luckhurst - he worked at the same sports company as my dad. I worked there briefly between leaving school and starting at university.
  • Options
    Mike Gregory - he charged me a pound for his autograph
  • Options
    Kelly Holmes, Rio Ferdinand, John Terry, Sol Campbell. Not all at once
  • Options
    I met Jay Schroeder once at Crystal Palace athletics stadium. Kudos to anyone who knows who he is!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sugar Ray Leonard
  • Options
    Raced against Jenson Button in karting for 6 years before he went to race in Italy. Also raced against Dan Wheldon who went on to win the Indy 500 and tragically died a few years ago.

The old karting crew met up for a fundraiser in MK after he died for an endurance race - Jenson was there as were Coulthard, Brundle, Hebert and more.
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    Kelly Holmes - lovely. Got her gongs out.
    Clive Woodward - bit aloof
    Sam Torrance - great bloke. Loves a drink.
    Sandy Lyle - gave me his ball. I was a youngster at the time.
    Mike Bassett aka Ricky Tomlinson. Stood next to me in the bogs at Goodison Park we were both on a jolly. I made a wisecrack. Don't think he got it.
  • Options
    edited January 2017
  • Options

Most famous footballer would probably be Geoff Hurst, Alan Ball or Keegan

Non football - Muhammad Ali

Should also add:

Stirling Moss, Jackie Stewart, Tom Kristensen (multiple Le Mans winner), Roy Salvadori & Seb Coe.
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    Stuart Pearce
    Scott Minto
  • Options
    1StevieG said:

Stuart Pearce
    Scott Minto

Met Scott Minto when I went out to Valencia for the pre-season in 2006, a very pleasant individual.
  • Options
    Forgot Jackie Stewart. I was wearing a kilt in Stewart Tartan and he walked halfway across a crowded room to talk to me. Nice chap.
  • Options
    The late Richie Benaud.
  • Options
    I met Reg Bull today but it was in Chatham Jobcentre Plus so I don't think he's the one buying us!