Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Most famous sports person youv met ??

Comments

• Options
    Alan Titchmarsh
    Nigel Farage
  • Options
    Met Parker, Jensen, lisbie and svensson recording the valley Floyd road song. I had a day off school!

Claus picked up a guitar and started to jam!
  • Options
    Had beers with Alan McClearey and Alex Rae, good blokes.
  • Options

Played golf with Henry cooper (nice man) & Graham Stuart (really nice man) not at same time.

Sat next to Tommy Doc at a Football dinner ( he got completely pissed but when I could understand him very funny)

Met Jimmy greaves at a Function.

Looked after by Derek Underwood at Canterbury.

Played cricket against Martin McCague (probably the worst cricketer ever to play for England & a complete twat as well).

Lucky enough to have met many Charlton players over the years.

I also played against McCague. He is a Charlton fan BTW or at least he was when we were good.
  • Options
    Saga Lout said:

Met Rufus in the car park once.

Dogging?

• Options
    Becks, Ennis, Idowu, Hoy, Wiggins, Farah, most of the Olympic team actually, perks of working for Adidas before London 2012.

Also shook Michael Schumachers hand and he said "nice hat" to me
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Met jesus christ ie robert powell in la manga really nice fella , he was proper pissed, unlike jasper carrott what an arsehole.
  • Options
    Lionel Messi, sort of. My son body doubled for him.
  • Options
    Was quite friendly with Matt Svensson when he was playing for Elfsborg in Sweden. Top bloke I have to say.

Many years ago Duncan Goodhew, the swimmer
  • Options

I got a kiss of this young filly! (when I was about 10)!

Charlie Nicholas got more than that!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    David masters and graham napier recently. Essex cricketers (pretty lame hence the explanation). Tbf I'm a fan and they were lovely.

Bob Wilson at a charity event.

Garth crooks at a seminar on trade mark law. Obviously.

So nobody exciting then!
  • Options
    Changing tack - who has met any of the following & can claim the most points.

5 points
    Willie Carson
    Geoff Capes
    Terry Griffiths
    Fatima Whitbread
    Steve Ovett
    Eddie the Eagle Edwards
    Nigel Mansell
    Ian Botham
    Kenny Dogleash
    Eric Bristow

10 points
    George Best
    Derek Randall
    Bill Beaumont
    John Lowe
    Lester Piggot
    Torvill or Dean (10 points for the pair - 5 points individually)
    Chemmy Alcott (skiing totty)
    James Hunt
    Allan Wells
    Charlie Magri

15 points
    Mohammed Ali
    Sir Alf Ramsey
    Sir Roger Bannister
    JPR Williams
    Victoria Pendleton
    Sir Viv Richards
    Jocky Wilson
    Alex Higgins
    Frankie Dettori
    Robin Cousins

• Options
    Curbs. He bought 3 crates of Peroni from the off licence I worked in about 20 years ago . I carried 2 of them to his car and he tipped me £20.00.

Graham Gooch sat and had a chat with me and a mate at the Oval. Think it was the day Gower got a double century.

Kevin Campbell in a strip club in Manchester. Bought us drinks all night and was a top bloke.
  • Options
    In no particular order:-

Martina Navratilova
    Geoff Hurst
    Martin Peters
    Peter Taylor
    Vinnie Jones
    Trevor Brooking
    Terry Neill
    Sam Bartram
    Billy Wright
    Tessa Sanderson
    Merv Hughes - Aussie cricketer, miserable sod
    Lots of Arsenal players 1993
    Many Charlton players
  • Options
    Henry Cooper in the jacuzzi at London Golf Club about 20 years ago,quite surreal. David Beckham in the England team hotel late one night when I did security work there,he asked if I fancied a game of snooker as he was playing alone,i couldnt as my boss was about :( Howard Wilkinson at an FA do,quite a rude man. Matt Svensson at the odeon cinema in greenwich when he was playing for us,nice,friendly bloke.
  • Options
    Muhammad Ali
  • Options
    Worked at Bobby Charlton Soccer School in the mid 90s. Met a fair few if the United players at the time, inc Hughes, McClair, Giggs, Sharpe. Best was Beckham though who came to do some awards. Must have been the summer that the Spice Girls came on the scene. Played him at table tennis and had a good chat about what hopes he had for his career. Was a nice bloke and seemed very shy at that time.
  • Options
    I had a drink with Alan Minter ( and he liked a drink!)
  • Options
    Had a meeting with Ruel Fox, though I had no idea it was him until afterwards. He said he "played a bit of football" and I said "yeah me too, a bit of 5 a side". He probably thought I was a tw@.
  • Options
    I have met Lord Lucan he was riding Shergar.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Curbs at shirt sponsor evening, courtesy of Wyn Grant. Ron Atkinson at a parking ticket machine, we were trying to work out if we still had to pay at that time of night. I studiously pretended I had not recognised him.
  • Options
    John Surtees, one of my boyhood heroes. The only man to win World Titles in both motorcycling and F1. I had to deliver a car to him and on the way thought of all the things I wanted to ask him about. When I got there I ended mumbling 'Good afternoon Mr. Surtees, here's your car'. He thanked me, took the keys and that was that! Was going to ask about racing Manx Nortons and MV Augustas, driving Coopers and Ferraris but ended up tongue tied. Bugger!!
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Rachael Heyhoe Flint, Baroness Heyhoe Flint, OBE visited our junior school in 1960 and did some coaching. In later life Steve Davis, Seve Ballesteros and Arnold Palmer. And although not that famous in the overall scheme of things, loads of Charlton players down the years from Mike Bailey to Peacock, Killer, Curbs, Walshie, Bolder, Penfold, Super Clive, Parker, Yann, JJ and CP to name but a few.
  • Options
    Had a piss next to frank lampard...
  • Options
    I met Justin Fashanu in a pub in Daltson about two weeks before he died.
  • Options
    edited December 2013

I met Justin Fashanu in a pub in Daltson about two weeks before he died.

What the hell did you say to him? :-0 (surprised emoticon) Sadly took his own life whilst waiting to be tried in the USA on sexual assault charges.
  • Options
    March51 said:

John Surtees, one of my boyhood heroes. The only man to win World Titles in both motorcycling and F1. I had to deliver a car to him and on the way thought of all the things I wanted to ask him about. When I got there I ended mumbling 'Good afternoon Mr. Surtees, here's your car'. He thanked me, took the keys and that was that! Was going to ask about racing Manx Nortons and MV Augustas, driving Coopers and Ferraris but ended up tongue tied. Bugger!!

I met him at the goodwood revival a couple of years ago and got him to sign my ticket.
  • Options
    Sir Trevor Brook lovely man.
    Bobby Moore, lovely man too.
    Frank Bruno, ditto.
    Tessa Sanderson, lovely lady.
    Sharon Davies...hubba, hubba even now.
  • Options
    Played a chairty golf evebt, that amongst orhers had Steve Redgrave, Matthew Pinsent and Kris Akabosey(spell?) so I met all of them briefly.

Pulled Lawrence Delaglio out of a taxi once! He was big! As was Jonah Lomu when I saw him get off a bus in front of me!

Went clubbing with the South African rugby team when they were on tour in NZ in 1999.

Asked Matt Dawson to sign a rugby ball a couple years ago as he was playing in a charity match I was at, he handed it back and refused. I thought 'big headed tosser', he pointed out he had signed it before. I was embarrassed!
  • Options
    Osvaldo Ardiles
    John Hollins