Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Most famous sports person youv met ??

Comments

• Options
    Brian Lara. I'd had seven pints of bitter (a lot for me) and got him to sign a cushion.
  • Options
    Benny Fenton asked me and Bolloxbolder if we had any jump leads one night at The Valley. He'd left his lights on and went to Huddersfield and back, so one very flat battery.

Saw Ronnie O'Sullivan in a pub on the Isle of Dogs, would have challenged him to a game of pool but my dinner turned up, so we'll never know.

Best of all, Derek Hales at Carlisle station, 1981.

• Options
    itsmyball said:

sat next to mike Tyson on a plane from Manchester to London a few years ago

Was meant to meet Tyson last Thursday until he was stopped from entering the country.

• Options
    Gary Lineker, Frank Bruno & James Hunt..............
  • Options

Nicholas said:

Rafael van der vaart during the Olympics, Had my picture with him but wished it was with his Mrs instead, she is a stunner

They have separated. @Nicholas you may have a chance of a date never mind a photograph.
    Sweet I'll have some of that. Whats her number?

• Options
    Met Paul Scholes in Manchester,suprised at how nice he was!
  • Options
    Clive Lloyd - to a 10 year old he looked about 20 feet tall.
  • Options
    Never actually spoke to a famous sports person, been near several, e.g. Welsh rugby star Adam Jones was very near me at Lords in the summer, shared a plane back from Gothenburg (yes Ryanair) with Martin Pringle, seen Daley Thompson in Foyles bookshop and walked past Alan Pardew in Oxford Street (back when he was a player for us...)
  • Options
    Nicholas said:

Nicholas said:

Rafael van der vaart during the Olympics, Had my picture with him but wished it was with his Mrs instead, she is a stunner

They have separated. @Nicholas you may have a chance of a date never mind a photograph.
    Sweet I'll have some of that. Whats her number?

thing is .. can she play football ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NdjBpYLFtX0

• Options
    edited December 2013
    lol thats pretty good. She can juggle with my balls anytime
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I once peed in the next urinal as Jimmy Greaves
  • Options
    Nick Faldo.
  • Options
    Bottle of wine with George Best.
    Brilliant night.
  • Options
    To be honest no one but then again i'm younger than some of you lot, would love too meet a Charlton player though.
  • Options
    Derek Hales on a 108 bus, Lennie Lawrence on a train and Matthew Stevens in a leisure centre, Killer was the most memorable though.
  • Options
    Mark Cavendish (twice), Bradley Wiggins, Lester Piggott and Sir Garfield Sobers are some that come to mind I've met.

• Options

To be honest no one but then again i'm younger than some of you lot, would love too meet a Charlton player though.

Next May's POTY dinner is the place to be, cafcsinger !

• Options
    I got a kiss of this young filly! (when I was about 10)!
  • Options
    I've had the chance to meet quiet a lot of celebrities but I don't really believe in the concept of 'idol'. Could have met Curbishley when he was given his honorary degree at the University of Greenwich but opted to let those who wanted it more do it. Had to chance to meet and chat with Viv Richards & other cricketers (we have a mutual friend)F but declined. Feel a bit stupid about that one now.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Also met Usain Bolt and Mo Farah this year after the Anniversary Games.
  • Options
    Not mine, but my father took a piss next to Linford Christie at Heathrow airport.
  • Options
    Met a few footballers on corporate do's.

Was at an Insurance Christmas lunch last week and was on Alec Stewarts table - nice fella.

Having lunch with Billy Bonds, Tony Gale, Tony Cottee and Alan Devonshire tomorrow. Should be a decent piss up.
  • Options

Not mine, but my father took a piss next to Linford Christie at Heathrow airport.

Judging by his lunch box, I'd have had to use a cubicle
  • Options

Did he have to stand 2 feet away from the porcelain? (Linford, not your dad).
  • Options
    Played golf with Henry cooper (nice man) & Graham Stuart (really nice man) not at same time.

Sat next to Tommy Doc at a Football dinner ( he got completely pissed but when I could understand him very funny)

Met Jimmy greaves at a Function.

Looked after by Derek Underwood at Canterbury.

Played cricket against Martin McCague (probably the worst cricketer ever to play for England & a complete twat as well).

Lucky enough to have met many Charlton players over the years.
  • Options
    Greenster said:

Peter Beardsley had a long conversation with him in a box at Newcastle. He's an Arsenal season ticket holder & said Walcott doesnt have a football brain & the best player he ever played with was John Barnes.

Bumped into him in the street and was in mid conversation when a taxi pulled up. The driver jumped out and had Beardsley sign things for himself, his children, his brother and various others.

@Greenster is he based in the South now?

No in Toon, works for the club in some capacity.
  • Options
    Didn't recognise a chap who came into the wine merchants I was working at for a moment, which lead to him introducing himself:

"Do you recognise me? You like football? You know Arsenal?...

... I'm Kolo Toure".

Then a silence while he waited for an excited reaction.

Even after that he kept repeating his name. The man really, REALLY liked saying "Kolo Toure"
  • Options
    i meet John Humphrey twice a year at an elite football course - will be seeing him just after Christmas again hopefully. Very very nice approachable guy as well as a very good coach. Met Jack Dee on holiday once when we stayed in the same hotel, surprisingly is a very nice guy!! Much more cheerful with the odd funny sarcastic comment than he is on TV.