Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Most famous sports person youv met ??

Comments

• Options
    RedChaser said:

I met Justin Fashanu in a pub in Daltson about two weeks before he died.

What the hell did you say to him? :-0 (surprised emoticon) Sadly took his own life whilst waiting to be tried in the USA on sexual assault charges.
    He was a really nice bloke, at the time the USA stuff was a little vague/possibly had been dropped (memory might not be right here). The pub was a mixed/gay pub that the team I played for used as a base. He was amazed to find a football team in there and chatted quite a bit to a couple of us, mainly about Brian Clough and knee injuries as I remember.
  • Options
    Loris Caparossi in the pits minutes after winning Malaysian MotoGP

Phil Neville who asked for help to understand the departure board at Heathrow
  • Options
    Killer worked as a PE teacher at my school in my last year. Played football with him for a bit and saw him embarrass a few of the kids who thought they were a bit tasty.

Went to school with George Boyd and Rob Elliot.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Bruce Grobbelaar & Juan Pablo Montoya (I used to work for Allianz the sponsor of F1 Williams team), Bruce had some kind words about Shaun Bartlett and Mark Fiiiiiiiiiiiiish, unfortunately we only spoke for half an hour or so as he had a cab booked and was meeting Steve McMahon.....this was in Singapore.
  • Options
    Met loads if footballers and other sports people in la manga had a good drink one night with rugby boys jason leonard and simon shaw great company also paul jewell and alan mcanally really good laugh.
  • Options
    boogica said:

Met loads if footballers and other sports people in la manga had a good drink one night with rugby boys jason leonard and simon shaw great company also paul jewell and alan mcanally really good laugh.

Was Paul Jewell on it like a car bonnet?

• Options
    Surprised @riscardo hasn't mentioned his meeting with Martin Offiah.......
  • Options
    B he was pissed every night as where most of em its a whos who of footballers and celebritys out there mcanally was brilliant always up for a chat and a laugh gordon strachan was an arse , also danny wilson was superb , but lee martin former man utd player was the best he came out on the lash with us most nights.
  • Options
    Harry cripps and pat Holland used to take us for football at School, still remmeeber bouncing off harry Cripps - a real brick shit house.
  • Options
    Bobby Moore, George Best but best of all Nicky Johns ( nobody but me recognised him ) all at a Butlins Easter youth football tournament
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Shook hands with Shaquille O'Neal last night at the Hawks v Kings NBA game.....he is an absolute unit of a man.
  • Options
    My Dad met Sam Bartram once, he told him the toughest player he had played against was Trevor Ford the old Welsh centre-forward. As well as the usual body charges, his favourite trick was to throw a handful of mud in Sams face as a corner was coming over!
  • Options
    Not a great one but I bumped into Charlie Austin at the Ally Pally on Tuesday!

He seemed more interested in getting a photo with me than I was with him.

• Options

Why were you both doing headstands?
  • Options
    We were both so excited that someone had hit a 180 we went vertical.
  • Options

That's some hairspray you're both using to keep it flat.
  • Options
    Not a meeting exactly, but I did get an indirect bollocking from Ken Bates when he was Chairman at Chelsea.

It was the day we got a point at the Bridge with a 1-1 draw which we needed to stay up. My mate's brother-in-law was the Chelsea kit man and we got complimentaries (nearly got mullahed when we scored) and access to the players lounge after. Met some of the Chelsea lads and a few of ours although they didn't hang around long, plus Malcolm MacDonald.Then me and my mate wandered up the tunnel and out onto the pitch, revelling in the history of the place, doing pretend shots and all the twatty things you might imagine. Then an official comes out and somewhat impolitely tells us the Chairman says to get off the f*****g pitch pronto or else. Hey ho, back to the bar.
  • Options
    Kap10 said:

Harry cripps and pat Holland used to take us for football at School, still remmeeber bouncing off harry Cripps - a real brick shit house.

"Sir Charlie Wright" used to take us for football and tennis when I was at Eltham Green school in the 60s. Used to laze about smoking most of the time. Dick Plumb (the original) did it for a while too.
  • Options
    On a boys holiday in Tenerife in 98 two scouse lads in the room next door to one of ours tagged along with the 8 of us for a week who turned out to be Steven Gerrard and Alan Wright, not bad lads at the time.
  • Options
    Oakster said:

Changing tack - who has met any of the following & can claim the most points.

5 points
    Willie Carson
    Geoff Capes
    Terry Griffiths
    Fatima Whitbread
    Steve Ovett
    Eddie the Eagle Edwards
    Nigel Mansell
    Ian Botham
    Kenny Dogleash
    Eric Bristow

10 points
    George Best
    Derek Randall
    Bill Beaumont
    John Lowe
    Lester Piggot
    Torvill or Dean (10 points for the pair - 5 points individually)
    Chemmy Alcott (skiing totty)
    James Hunt
    Allan Wells
    Charlie Magri

15 points
    Mohammed Ali
    Sir Alf Ramsey
    Sir Roger Bannister
    JPR Williams
    Victoria Pendleton
    Sir Viv Richards
    Jocky Wilson
    Alex Higgins
    Frankie Dettori
    Robin Cousins

Ian Botham, George Best, Derek Randall, Viv Richards
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Davo55 said:

Not a meeting exactly, but I did get an indirect bollocking from Ken Bates when he was Chairman at Chelsea.

It was the day we got a point at the Bridge with a 1-1 draw which we needed to stay up. My mate's brother-in-law was the Chelsea kit man and we got complimentaries (nearly got mullahed when we scored) and access to the players lounge after. Met some of the Chelsea lads and a few of ours although they didn't hang around long, plus Malcolm MacDonald.Then me and my mate wandered up the tunnel and out onto the pitch, revelling in the history of the place, doing pretend shots and all the twatty things you might imagine. Then an official comes out and somewhat impolitely tells us the Chairman says to get off the f*****g pitch pronto or else. Hey ho, back to the bar.

Malcolm Macdonald, I'd forgotten about him. Got a programme from a home game against fulham from the early 80's signed by him when he was their manager. It's also signed by john motson, David Hamilton and Dave Mehmet!

• Options
    Was good pals with Andy Roberts and Keith Rhino Stevens before I moved to France and Keith to Oz. Still keep in touch through Facebook
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    .....see Mickey Skinner (Rugby player, not from The Streets) in Homebase up by the Ferrier a few years back
  • Options
    Seb Coe. Lives 2 Houses up from me.
  • Options
    kafka said:

You live on the same street as Lord Coe? This begs the question; Why ain't you buying the club then?

; )
  • Options
    Met Graham Souness at a water park in Dubai - had a good talk - nice guy, which surprised me.
  • Options
    Apart from SCP, I would have to go for Shane Warne!
  • Options
    BIG_ROB said:

kafka said:

You live on the same street as Lord Coe? This begs the question; Why ain't you buying the club then?

; )
    Coz I don't have £40m to throw away. Nice bloke. Opens our fete and travels up on SW trains and the tube.

• Options
    edited December 2013
    kafka said:

BIG_ROB said:

kafka said:

; )
    Coz I don't have £40m to throw away. Nice bloke. Opens our fete and travels up on SW trains and the tube.

He must have a few bob though, have you asked him if he fancies putting a bid in, friendly family club, loads of potential and all that or you could go halves :0)