Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

who do you hate/dislike most out of palace/millwall/west ham?

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Al the Addick[/cite]Millwall no doubt about it! I think it depends on how old you are! certainly my age group (40'S) will argee with me on that one.
    I agree i really do think this only relates to people in there 40's!Charlton/millwall had a lot of hate towards each other in the 70's and 80's
  • Options
    agreed, there was a generation that hanged around Charlton Village that I would say 90% supported Millwall, and still tried to act hard and wear their Millwall top when Charlton returned. Pity eh?
  • Options
    If you'd grown up supporting Charlton in the 60's and 70's how can you dislike Palace more than Millwall? (Rhetorical Question) I can assure you, the Valley or the Den, were not pleasant places to be when the 'CBL' were around. Witnessed some scary moments on many occasions. For that reason, Millwall will always be our true rivals and the team that I love to hate.
  • Options
    [I agree i really do think this only relates to people in there 40's!Charlton/millwall had a lot of hate towards each other in the 70's and 80's[/quote]

Yeah, agree again, I think the rivalry ended when we left the Valley as most Charlton went and watched Millwall and refused to go Selhurst. Then thereafter I think without being patronising people felt 'sorry' for Charlton fans. Not me they didnt, I still got kicked the F out of in school by my Millwall mates!!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Valley_McMoist[/cite]If you'd grown up supporting Charlton in the 60's and 70's how can you dislike Palace more than Millwall? (Rhetorical Question) I can assure you, the Valley or the Den, were not pleasant places to be when the 'CBL' were around. Witnessed some scary moments on many occasions. For that reason, Millwall will always be our true rivals and the team that I love to hate.
    Started really watching Charlton in the mid 70's and i have to agree playing them was evil at the old den and at ours
  • Options
    I have to say, probably where I live has something to do with it, but watching them Muggy ***** Gillingham slide down the league at the moment with their prat Chairman (Who also hates us) is giving me immense satisfaction at the moment.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]I have to say, probably where I live has something to do with it, but watching them Muggy ***** Gillingham slide down the league at the moment with their prat Chairman (Who also hates us) is giving me immense satisfaction at the moment.
    I like it when i go and watch Gravesend end play they chant we hate scalley songs
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Charltonparklane[/cite]
    May cause an argument but to be honest Carter I would argue that IMHO Millwall still have a larger fan base than us, they just dont go anymore.
    The number of 'free' tickets they give away there still is unbelivable, probably more than we give a way to schools for a midweek game against Blackburn! and they still only get 6/7000

Sure will start an arguement. Don't believe their own myths of great support. Even when they were in the top flight and winning they couldn't fill the old den more than twice. Don't go anymore and never did go. FACT

And we don't give away tickets to schools or youth groups anymore. All the ones coming to Wigan have paid full wack.
  • Options
    Wigan is not a midweek game against Blackburn/Villa/Fulham though.

I dont believe their myths of great support, I go by what I see in our or what should be our (CAFC) areas. Every other car has a millwall bloody badge/sticker/plonker driving with a Millwall top on. I have also been in or around Kids football for the past 4/5 years and believe me probably up until last year (lot more CAFC now)there was a lot more millwall kids than charlton (only because of the parents who would be in or around of the era of our exile).

They do have a lot of support but not 'good' support, all they want to do is moan about how 'crap' they are, I dread the day but if they do ever get in the top flight they will have a hell of a support. I think that CAFC has done enough work in the last 5/6 years to ensure that we will be the best supported club this time round if it ever happoens.
  • Options
    But they HAVE been in the top flight and the support was nothing special. Coulldn't fill a 20K ground.

And car stickers proves what. That the Spanners have such poor taste that they put NOLU stickers in their cars. Not quite Gallop poll standard.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Palace all day long for me.

Not a local lad so dont have many Millwall mates/enemies although always used to enjoy playing them for the atmosphere in the 90's even though they would always win.

My early supporting years were the Selhurst days and I just hated the place, the ground, the area, their chairman, their fans everything.

Im not a hooly but its the one game I get worked up for to the extent that I could get involved, and did at Norwood Junction station after the play off defeat, but thats another story.
  • Options
    Football has progressed since 1987/88 Henry, crowds have improved, Arsenal didnt even fill their ground then.
    Thats what I mean, they have a lot of support but not good support, they WOULD all crawl out of the woodwork if they did go back up.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Charltonparklane[/cite]Football has progressed since 1987/88 Henry, crowds have improved, Arsenal didnt even fill their ground then.
    Thats what I mean, they have a lot of support but not good support, they WOULD all crawl out of the woodwork if they did go back up.

fortunately we will never have the opportunity to prove or disprove that theory :-)
  • Options
    I dont understand why any Charlton fan would have any problems with West Ham, i think theyre ok myself and id rather they stayed up with us than citeh/wigan/northerners.I'd say in recent years Tottenham have to come behind Palace and Millwall, we've had some cracking games with them that have felt like derbies.
  • Options
    Millsmall - Horrible bunch of nomark idiots.
    Palace - Dont actually dislike them, just a rivalry.
  • Options
    Palace all the way, cant stand the gits, and then theres also that scumbag of a chairman... whats his name... that classy guy who slagged us off in FHM?!

Got a soft spot for West Ham, plus the in-laws are Hammers so I dont really have a problem with them!
  • Options
    not old enough to have a rivalry in that way with millwall, plus housemate was millwall, and we both wished each other luck each saturday when heading out to our individual games

don't have any palace friends, just a couple of people at work, who don't really bother me either way as i don't enter into conversations with them. don't like the chairman tho, but feel sorry for the fans that he's representing them to be honest.

west ham, not fussed, and wouldnt want us to go down instead of them, but would rather us both stay up. hope curbs turns it around, but not to our detriment

don't like spurs mostly i reckon, and the fans i know are idiots. don't like (some) arsenal fans, but like the team.
  • Options
    Palace anyday - there's no point to them. Why does that club exist? Why do they bother? Why don't they do something else instead?

Grew up with lots of Millwall, don't particularly like them, but at least we can look at them and see how far we've come. And I don't mind West Ham at all.

I just laugh at Tottenham. I usually watch Sunday TV games in the pub with a load of Spurs fans, which has given me great amusement over the years, usually at their expense.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: InspectorSands[/cite]Palace anyday - there's no point to them. Why does that club exist? Why do they bother? Why don't they do something else instead?

Grew up with lots of Millwall, don't particularly like them, but at least we can look at them and see how far we've come. And I don't mind West Ham at all.

I just laugh at Tottenham. I usually watch Sunday TV games in the pub with a load of Spurs fans, which has given me great amusement over the years, usually at their expense.[/quote]

I could have written that myself Inspector. Completely agree !!!!
  • Options
    With me i would find it would probably be Spurs or West Ham above palace or millwall.

I used to go to school with loads of west ham fans and they were all damned irritating, although because we generally do well against them it's not a massive dislike.

Spurs, I have only ever met one spurs fan I thought was alright, and my sis-in-law has this strange habit of only going out with spurs fans (she has since married one) who always seem keen to carp on when spurs win but are strangely quiet about all things football related at other times. They all seem a bit smarmy as well.

I've never had a big problem with palace, it was fun watching them go down a couple of seasons back but I know a couple of palace fans and they are pretty sensible people on the whole.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    When we were in a position to play Millwall I wanted to beat them badly, of course because of geography they are our nearest rivals, but mainly because I knew so many spanners at the time.

But in terms of pure unadulterated dislike and with our recent still vivid history gnawing away in the memory banks, I cannot for the life of me understand why anyone doesn't put that stripey lot of inbred, banjo playing, one tooth arsewipes, on top of the list. And that's despite having a couple of good friends who support them.
  • Options
    I have to say Millwall due to my age and living through the time when we were always beaten by them. Thats why the victory in the snow meant so much to me. Although now I kind of miss the banter we had and kinda look forward to them doing well (but not that well). A few of my mates are wall and decent guys - one has a season ticket in the East Stand at the Valley - Horseworrier take a step forward and take a bow!

Having said that, I now seem to pour my bad vibes towards the Nigels and that tosser of a chairman - he should really be put down!
  • Options
    It would have to be Palarse for me. I went to school in Bromley, where the majority of kids came from Beckenham and Penge. I was one of about five addicks, most of the other 695 were Palarse. They always came across as gobby and full of it.

Millwall were clearly the big hooligan club in the area and thus there were always rucks going on.During my early years supporting the Addicks in the late sixties and through the seventies, I always felt that alot of Spanners used to watch Charlton as well (I'm not talking about the regular hardcore hooligans that turned up almost every week). I sensed there was grudging respect for Millwall, amongst at least my generation. They are our most local rivals but I don't particularly hate them.

West Ham I actually quite like. I suppose it goes back to the time of Bobby Moore and Geoff Hurst. I do not see them as huge rivals.
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    Millwall.

After a night out in Bromley you'll hear plently of 'wall chants. When they got to the auto-windscreen and fa cup final they had banners everywhere. Yet they rarely get 10k and their first home game against west ham for years only got 14k, mainly due to west ham filling a whole stand.

Part time fans who only support the club because they want to sound hard.

They also have the worst chant in football, that stupid wall of sound thing.
  • Options
    Palace, closely followed by Arsenal.

No real feelings towards Millwall either way but that's probably because i'm not a local lad.

I quite like West Ham and have never experienced any true rivalry between us and them! although being from the East end it is quite amusing when we turn them over as probably 90% of my mates are Hammers!!!
  • Options
    Isn't it curious that we shared with both Palace & West Ham & if you ask ANY charlton Fan they will say of the Ground Shares :-

Palace :- Worst thing we could have done, they tried to fleece us, we hate everything them & their supporters stand for

West Ham :- best thing we could do in circumstances, West ham & their supporters made us feel welcome, we quite like west ham the club
  • Options
    I don't hate anyone

I have nothing but lurve running through my veins

:-D
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: KBslittlesis[/cite]I don't hate anyone

I have nothing but lurve running through my veins

:-D

_41504592_jordan203.jpg

Give him a kiss then KBLS!
  • Options
    I'm going to be sick ;-(
  • Options
    Premiership: *really* kin hate Tottenham.

Championship: Palarse - Classless Mugs

Non League: Millwall