Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

who do you hate/dislike most out of palace/millwall/west ham?

Comments

• Options
    I have made this page unbearable to look at haven't I!
  • Options
    definately millwall (unless negotiating a quote for scaffolding).
    99% of the palace and west ham fans i know, i can actually have a decent conversation with.
    99% of millwall fans i meet are busy ruining other peoples nights by being obnoxious twats, or lobbing bricks and bottles at us whilst being held back by police at the old den.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: KillersBeard[/cite]When we were in a position to play Millwall I wanted to beat them badly, of course because of geography they are our nearest rivals, but mainly because I knew so many spanners at the time.

But in terms of pure unadulterated dislike and with our recent still vivid history gnawing away in the memory banks, I cannot for the life of me understand why anyone doesn't put that stripey lot of inbred, banjo playing, one tooth arsewipes, on top of the list. And that's despite having a couple of good friends who support them.

Agree with Killers Beard - grew up with a lot of charlton and millwall and they will always be rivals but don't want them to disappear.

On the other hand I'd be happy if Palace folded completely and never existed again.
  • Options
    Millwall. Scum of the earth.

Palace, don't like them but don't hate them either, although I do detest Tango Man.

West Ham, ambivalent, they've never been our rivals and never will be.
  • Options
    I suppose the best way to explain the way I feel about the three clubs is by using the following analogy:
    Charlton, Millwall and West Ham are brothers, and Palace is their cousin. Charlton and Millwall are similar in age, so have spent a lot of time together and have a lot in common. They get on quite well occasionally, but Millwall is a nutter with a short fuse, frequently trying to beat Charlton up or trash his stuff, so Charlton prefers not to spend time with him if it looks likely he'll go off on one. Luckily Millwall is "away" at the moment, so this isn't really a problem much of the time. West Ham's a bit older and probably the high achiever of the family, but he and Millwall really don't get on and have a history of violent spats. Charlton generally gets on ok with West Ham, although he gets fed up with the family going on about West Ham's achievements, and they have sometimes fallen out when West Ham has tried to nick the odd thing from his room.

Palace is about the same age as Charlton and Millwall, who don't especially like him, possibly because Palace lives out in the suburbs and has a bit of an unjustified superiority complex. Charlton really loathes him though, which dates back to a period when he got sent to stay with Palace for a while, and Palace took some of his favourite toys off him in return for letting him kip on an uncomfortable camp bed in his room. Eventually Charlton had to go back and stay in West Ham's room because the situation had become unbearable and his own room wasn't habitable. To add insult to injury, Palace can't understand why Charlton resents him for that, and keeps going on about how he did him a favour and Charlton is an ungrateful sod.
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    [cite]Posted By: bingaddick[/cite]

Millwall were clearly the big hooligan club in the area and thus there were always rucks going on.During my early years supporting the Addicks in the late sixties and through the seventies, I always felt that alot of Spanners used to watch Charlton as well (I'm not talking about the regular hardcore hooligans that turned up almost every week). I sensed there was grudging respect for Millwall, amongst at least my generation.

Back in those days, Bing, before I was old enough to go Charlton away games - me and my Charlton supporting Dad used to go to The Den most Saturdays when Charlton played away. My very first match there was October 14 1967, home to Villa, and Norman Burtenshaw was the ref. Millwall lost 2-0 at home, the crowd got ugly, invaded the pitch and the ref took an almighty kicking.

I can't remember all the circumstances as I was only a kid at the time, but I'm sure Millwall got hit by a big fine and had the ground closed for 6 weeks.

At the Den for years after, whenever the ref gave a decision against them, you would feel the hate and hostility as the ground erupted to the the chant: "......Burtenshaw!, Burtenshaw,! Burtenshaw....!"

The refs shat themselves - and surprise, surprise, Millwall always had a fantasic home record.
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    Palace. Absolutely fcuking hate them.

Millwall a long way behind.

I'm actually quite fond of West Ham (though that's been tested this year for obvious reasons)

To be honest, they're the only teams I really cannot stand - though don't like ManYoo and Arsenal because of their arrogant arsehole fans and starting to get pissed off with Chelsea as well because of the way they are completely runing the game in this country.

The only other team i detest is Real Madrid - but thats a spanish thang, none of you on here would understand :)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: aliwibble[/cite]I suppose the best way to explain the way I feel about the three clubs is by using the following analogy:
    Charlton, Millwall and West Ham are brothers, and Palace is their cousin. Charlton and Millwall are similar in age, so have spent a lot of time together and have a lot in common. They get on quite well occasionally, but Millwall is a nutter with a short fuse, frequently trying to beat Charlton up or trash his stuff, so Charlton prefers not to spend time with him if it looks likely he'll go off on one. Luckily Millwall is "away" at the moment, so this isn't really a problem much of the time. West Ham's a bit older and probably the high achiever of the family, but he and Millwall really don't get on and have a history of violent spats. Charlton generally gets on ok with West Ham, although he gets fed up with the family going on about West Ham's achievements, and they have sometimes fallen out when West Ham has tried to nick the odd thing from his room.

Palace is about the same age as Charlton and Millwall, who don't especially like him, possibly because Palace lives out in the suburbs and has a bit of an unjustified superiority complex. Charlton really loathes him though, which dates back to a period when he got sent to stay with Palace for a while, and Palace took some of his favourite toys off him in return for letting him kip on an uncomfortable camp bed in his room. Eventually Charlton had to go back and stay in West Ham's room because the situation had become unbearable and his own room wasn't habitable. To add insult to injury, Palace can't understand why Charlton resents him for that, and keeps going on about how he did him a favour and Charlton is an ungrateful sod.

quality analogy Ali, lol
  • Options
    Will always be Millwall for me. Everything they stand for I can't stand.
  • Options
    Unfortunately I think there will be more people hating the spanners after the 19th.........
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Miserableold-ish git[/cite]Unfortunately I think there will be more people hating the spanners after the 19th.........
    millwall end of
  • Options
    Milwall all day long. Scum

Palace.Not really bothered about them to be honest.

Always had a soft spot for West Ham
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Tavern[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Miserableold-ish git[/cite]Unfortunately I think there will be more people hating the spanners after the 19th.........
    millwall end of

Totally agree, just that alot of the youngerPalace haters have never been up close with the neanderthals from SE14 yet.
  • Options
    always liked west ham.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Miserableold-ish git[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Tavern[/cite]
    millwall end of

Totally agree, just that alot of the youngerPalace haters have never been up close with the neanderthals from SE14 yet.
    I know m8,
    millwall!lol
  • Options
    Hmmmm it's a tough call....in a few weeks time we will all hate Millwall the most when their ticketless nutters cause mayhem at the station.
    For me it is not just about peer rivalry but also partly a question of style. I loath palaces current hoof ball way of playing football. I was also jealous of their success in the 80's when we were pitiful. I also dislike the orange one and hope he gets bankrupted, sentiments that are not really me at all.
    As for Millwall, well they always seemed to beat us and where i lived at the time, Forest Hill, there were tons of them sneering at me. I actually feel a bit sorry for them now because i think their days are numbered because the owners would like to build over the new den and put them in with someone like Fisher. I think it will happen too!
    By a whisker i think I would prefer palace to slide into the conference.
    Quite like spammers because of Billy Bonds, such a great guy and the peerless brooking as a player. Hate Chelski!
  • Options
    Not difficult for me this one ... Millwall all day everyday, then chelsea and the yids
  • Options
    Palace for me, although I'm probably not old enough to say Millwall. Maybe December 19th will change that.
  • Options
    who is your boyhood team uncle west ham?
  • Options
    Excellent Aliwibble!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited November 2009
    I can't say I hate West Ham, unlike Palace when we groundshared there we were treated as guests and with some consideration for our plight and not ripped off as we were at Noadistan.
  • Options
    None of them really.

I dislike Palace, mainly because as a kid they pranced around the SE in their TDK kit as if they were the Man U of the south. They're a horrid little team, but I don't hate them. Sure I dislike a lot of their supporters, but they don't really register with me.

Unlike say Arsenal fans, whilst I don't dislike Arsenal as a team I would never wish to be anywhere near them in any social event. The most myopic self-obsessed idijiot supporters I've ever come across. Remember coming back to the SE on an Intercity from Ipswich surrounded by yokel Arsenalites discussing on what it means to support your team. It makes me sick. FFS there's problems there with Wenger but they've had an ubeleivable conveyor belt of quality, yet still huge ammounts moan at not winning things. Just to go to Champions League Final???? Jesus. I suppose most of my Scouse mates were able to leave Liverpool, whilst I'm just surrounded by the morass of dregs that are Arsenal fans in their SE homeland.
  • Options
    Yes nolly always been West Ham hence the hating of millwall,chelsea and the yids
  • Options
    good man,always like west ham,talking of millwall fans is it a rule that you have to have gap teeth ,greasy hair and a smell about you.i tell no lie the ones round catford hum .
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]good man,always like west ham,talking of millwall fans is it a rule that you have to have gap teeth ,greasy hair and a smell about you.i tell no lie the ones round catford hum .

Hahaha
  • Options
    Oggy Red
    Think you will find that game was against Plymouth .Millwall had an unbeaten run of 59 home games behind them.Everything else you said is correct the fans also turned the Plymouth (COACH)bus over;
    As for the team i hate the most it has to be Place by a short head from The Yids and then Millwall.Ialso went down to The Den in the late 60s and to watch the train at a near by park.
    With The Yids as was the case with Millwall all my school mates it was the teams to follow at the time.
  • Options
    millwall 1st 2nd and 3rd by a landslide ...... i could take palace going up if millwall went down
  • Options
    Palace. All day.
  • Options
    Palace and Millwall can't split them for me. Don't care about WHU.
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Having grown up in the Ilford area and being the only Charlton fan surrounded by hundreds of West Ham "fans" it would have to be them.
    Nicking Defoe from us and the Tevez thing makes me dislike them even more.
    Didn't see hardly any of them around when they were in the Championship however as soon as they reached the cup final. it was wall to wall West Ham fans everywhere around the Ilford, Romford, Dagenham areas!