Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton join foreign legion as Belgian millionaire agrees takeover deal (maybe?)

Comments

• Options
    edited December 2013
    Airman, are you able to do any digging on the current staus of the takeover? Without compromising anybody of course - we have only heard from one source that the deal is dead and nothing official. There is a subtle difference say between negotiating a stumbling block and the deal being dead.

It also makes you feel for employees of the club - with all this uncertainty in the air.
  • Options
    edited December 2013

Although those sales were formally approved by shareholders at a General Meeting, to my recollection none of the transactions ever actually happened. Therefore the training ground is still owned by the club.
    This is what the due diligence document said about the training ground: "The Group also holds eight freeholds and one leasehold property in relation to the training ground. These are carried at £5.8m in the [2012] accounts."

It is reported elsewhere that the TG is valued on the basis of its current use. I assume that the TG is owned by Charlton Athletic Holdings Limited (like the stadium). What is odd to me is that while CAFC Ltd pays a nominal rent (or rather owes it) for The Valley, it does not appear to do so for the training ground.
    But would it if it was only a peppercorn rent?
  • Options
    There's no rush - you always take all of the time available to you when playing a hand of cards when the stakes are high!
  • Options

Airman, are you able to do any digging on the current staus of the takeover? Without compromising anybody of course - we have only heard from one source that the deal is dead and nothing official. There is a subtle difference say between negotiating a stumbling block and the deal being dead.

It also makes you feel for employees of the club - with all this uncertainty in the air.

I'm sure there are continuing discussions.
  • Options
    If nothing happens today will Curb_it be forced into forum exile?
  • Options

Thanks - still some hope then and explains no announcements.
  • Options
    So all of a sudden the STVVfan disappeared,and nobody's talking about the Belgian and his six clubs anymore now.Got a feeling that this thread will soon turn into 'Takeover rumours 2.0'....Erm,not saying that's a completely bad thing though....
  • Options

December 29th v Sheff Wed
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    and what AB ??? I don't get this post at all

what are you saying showing that Pic
  • Options

Just showing who was there. Nothing more or less. I just haven't had a chance to upload the pic earlier.
  • Options

Thanks - still some hope then and explains no announcements.
    Of course there is still hope. The reality is a takeover needs to happen. I have no doubt it will.
  • Options
    Addickted said:

Apparently this is the problem and RM wants his 1.5m back http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/c/charlton_athletic/8001820.stm

This article is from April 2009
    Correct, but interesting to see this again: "A residential site owned by the club near to the Valley, Lansdowne Mews, has also been sold as part of the deal to Bob Whitehand."

I believe we've been told more recently that Bob never owned it. Perhaps the latter is correct and the purchase never went through, but interesting nonetheless.
    Bob never owned it - though the Club did offer it to him.

I was told that it was sold by Steve Waggott to the Developer who is now sitting on it with PP, though this has never been confirmed.

I see you've corrected this from Steve Kavanagh and that's correct to my knowledge, although I believe Bob was involved on behalf of the board. Did Bob also tell you that he's been banned again?
  • Options

Just showing who was there. Nothing more or less. I just haven't had a chance to upload the pic earlier.
    Who is it then?
  • Options
    That looks like Roy Hattersley in the grey coat, or Lord Hattersley with his new wife?
  • Options
    Rob62 said:

Who is it then?
    Not RD by the looks of it.

KP, MS, RM and Sir MH

Kensall, Joyes and Bradshaw in front of them.

Pullis and Parish at the back.

Jason Morgan MBE, Suthers, Roger Gidstaff (?), ? , Elliot behind

• Options
    Is that Councillor Roberts at the back on the aisle ?

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    When I saw Pullis coming into the ground I could've sworn he had a bird with him.

Now I realise it was Parish, so I guess that makes me right all along!
  • Options

That looks like Roy Hattersley in the grey coat, or Lord Hattersley with his new wife?

I can confirm that it was Lord Hattersley. He is a big Wendies fan.
  • Options
    BIG_ROB said:

Rob62 said:

Who is it then?
    Father Christmas!

Nah, that's Albert Trotter. Perhaps Rodney Charlton Trotter is leading a takeover consortium with Trigger and Mickey Pearce.
  • Options

I can confirm that it was Lord Hattersley. He is a big Wendies fan.
    I wonder if he claimed back his comp ticket on exes?
  • Options
    edited December 2013

Rob62 said:

Who is it then?

KP, MS, RM and Sir MH

Roger Godsiff. Cllr Chris Roberts is behind Jason.

Former director Craig Norris and respectable solicitor Jeremy Watkins reporting from sitting behind the person in the very red coat.
  • Options
    Getting a bit nervous.
  • Options
    Curb_It said:

Getting a bit nervous.

Well, if it doesn't go through today - as you have been saying all along - then it's really going to feck up my New Year celebrations.

I'm holding you personally accountable for my well being in 2014.

• Options
    Sorry.
    I really thought no one would believe in me!
  • Options
    Curb_It said:

Getting a bit nervous.

Keep the faith or get a new crystal ball.

• Options

Rob62 said:

Who is it then?

KP, MS, RM and Sir MH

Roger Godsiff. Cllr Chris Roberts is behind Jason.

Former director Craig Norris and respectable solicitor Jeremy Watkins reporting from sitting behind the person in the very red coat.
    David White in fetching pink shirt

Syd Cheesewright bottom centre in brown car coat